Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

2house2fly

Magister
Don't really get what he means here, since you don't have to make a pledge to a god to beat the game. I forget if you get the option to outright refuse in Teir Evron, but if you say "maybe" to every god maybe they'll be angry in PoE2

Yes you do? What are you talking about

The thing you can do is betray them and choose other options at the final machine
W2EXC4X.jpg

Character at endgame with Galawain's Boon because I pledged to Galawain.

Character at endgame with no boons because I never pledged to anyone:
so2WilL.jpg

First couple of playthroughs were the only ones I didn't pledge to anyone. Maybe they've patched it since then?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't really get what he means here, since you don't have to make a pledge to a god to beat the game. I forget if you get the option to outright refuse in Teir Evron, but if you say "maybe" to every god maybe they'll be angry in PoE2

The thing you can do is betray them and choose other options at the final machine
No, you don't have to promise to do their bidding. The spirits that cushion your fall are a reward for the favours you do. Like dealing with the ice elves in the temple. You get more boons if you promise to do what they want with the souls and only then will they get angry if you don't do it.

frajaq

Erudite

First couple of playthroughs were the only ones I didn't pledge to anyone. Maybe they've patched it since then?

Wait what kind of ending did you get then? If I can get an alternate god ending (like Woedica/Wael) without the drawback of one of the four gods pissed off at you I'll do it for sure lol

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you or Sawyer are talking about

2house2fly

Magister
I had a go at pledging to Woedica right at the end and then doing what Wael had asked, and it just gave me Wael's ending

Lacrymas

Arcane
Wait what kind of ending did you get then? If I can get an alternate god ending (like Woedica/Wael) without the drawback of one of the four gods pissed off at you I'll do it for sure lol

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you or Sawyer are talking about

You just don't promise anything to the other gods. You can say to them "I'll think about it" and leave it at that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Pursue a rogue god over land and sea in the sequel to the multi-award-winning RPG Pillars of Eternity. Captain your ship on a dangerous voyage of discovery across the vast unexplored archipelago region of the Deadfire. Bend the world to your will, as you explore the depths of infinite possibilities, including detailed character customization, total freedom of exploration, and more meaningful choices at every turn.

• Immerse yourself in a deeper single player RPG game experience - enriched with cutting edge technology and features, Deadfire builds on the foundation of classic D&D gameplay with vastly improved graphics, deeper game mechanics and a whole new hand-crafted adventure where choices truly matter.

• Discover the new region of the Deadfire – plot your own course by ship and explore the rich and exotic islands of the archipelago region, discovering new places interacting with their inhabitants and engaging in a variety of quests at every port.

• Build your party and customize your companions – choose from 7 different companions to join you on your quest and assign multiple classes and deeper abilities for each. Witness their personal relationships and interactions unfold with the addition of the new companion system.

• Captain your ship across the seas – as your stronghold on the seas, your ship is much more than simply a vessel for exploring. Upgrade your ship and crew and choose what skills you improve in order to survive dangerous encounters along the way.

Screenshots:

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
The 3D characters on the 2D backgrounds in P1 looked really bad to me, like they are from different games. The unnatural robot-like marching of the party didn't help matters. I think the screenshots for P2 look better, though.

Sentinel

Arcane
Do the party members have different running animations this time or do they all move perfectly synced up like a group of ballerinas?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I don't believe the CPU/GPU requirements on the steam page. Are they place holder?
Should be noted that Steam and GOG list different OS requirements. Minimum Vista/OS X 10.6 on Steam, while it's minimum 7/OS X 10.9 on GOG. But GOG hasn't listed the CPU/GPU requirements.

Edit: just checked, Steam is listing the exact same requirements the first game had. Definitely a placeholder.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I was used search engine to find any information about copyright on D&D ruleset and found this:
https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/19718/is-it-legal-to-develop-a-game-using-dd-rules
And there written that you cannot use D&D system in other games, but you can build system very similar to D&D. If I understand correctly, words "builds on the foundation of classic D&D gameplay" can result lawsuit from Wizard of the Coast, because they literally claim that their game use D&D rules (but I can be wrong). I not understand why they used sentence "builds on the foundation of classic D&D gameplay" in marketing, since OD&D was, in my opinion, too simple and boring even for tabletop game. Seems someone messed up.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

Pursue a rogue god over land and sea in the sequel to the multi-award-winning RPG Pillars of Eternity. Captain your ship on a dangerous voyage of discovery across the vast unexplored archipelago region of the Deadfire. Bend the world to your will, as you explore the depths of infinite possibilities, including detailed character customization, total freedom of exploration, and more meaningful choices at every turn.

• Immerse yourself in a deeper single player RPG game experience - enriched with cutting edge technology and features, Deadfire builds on the foundation of classic D&D gameplay with vastly improved graphics, deeper game mechanics and a whole new hand-crafted adventure where choices truly matter.

• Discover the new region of the Deadfire – plot your own course by ship and explore the rich and exotic islands of the archipelago region, discovering new places interacting with their inhabitants and engaging in a variety of quests at every port.

• Build your party and customize your companions – choose from 7 different companions to join you on your quest and assign multiple classes and deeper abilities for each. Witness their personal relationships and interactions unfold with the addition of the new companion system.

• Captain your ship across the seas – as your stronghold on the seas, your ship is much more than simply a vessel for exploring. Upgrade your ship and crew and choose what skills you improve in order to survive dangerous encounters along the way.

Screenshots:

I'm pretty sure some of those screenshots are new.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The screens look like actual adventuring is happening. The Engwithan ruins are still nondescript and dull, they remind me of the Illefarn ruins in NWN2 OC, i. e. the worst part of an already not very good game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom