Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codex of Roguelikes

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Finally ascended in Infra Arcana 19.2. What a hard but beautiful game. I encourage you all to try it.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
:abyssgazer:

Bros, dont put this crap here. There is GD for that.
No there isn't. It's strictly about the game that is one of the most iconic roguelikes in existence. Also it directly influenced the game: renaming all items that make the game sound to "eurocentric", now you know why it happened. Some fantasy made up Gods being modified because they triggered someone, again explanation is here for You.
But you are right about one thing - it's crap.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Serus

It doesn't look or feel that different from what it was a couple of years ago.
It seems that they made some minuscule which enraged some people without affecting base gameplay loop.
You said you don't want this shit here, so why do you return to the subject ? Hoping to make it moved to GD this way ? You might be successful but it's a shitty tactic.
I'm done with it. I learned something, it was unexpected and a bit sad but it's all there is to it.
Do you have something new to add ? I don't even know where did you get this quote. The fact that you put something inside "quote" marks doesn't make it automatically true. Just saying, in case you didn't know it.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Matador

Finally ascended in Infra Arcana 19.2. What a hard but beautiful game. I encourage you all to try it.

Any tips for newb?

- Play a stealth build with a Rogue (Get Imperceptible as first skill and then a level of melee to be able to fight some guys, try to get silent, the skill that allows you to open doors, walk water and melee without making noise). Fighting in this game is hard, and if you are not very familiar with the enemies capabilities you can get into nasty situations with ease. Even with fighting builds you should avoid combat when is no necessary.

- As rogue you should try to one shot backstab the less durable enemies while unnoticed (the enemies are blue when they haven't seen you). try to loot the blue cultists that drop better daggers than your initial one. Don't get melee weapons that aren't daggers because they haven't as good bonus backstab damage, and they are not silent while you attack. If you play another class like War Veteran, of course get more powerful melee weapons.

- IA is a highly tactical game so measure your movements with care. There are no filler levels like in other games, first 3 are easier but much harder compared with other roguelikes. You are in for a rough survival experience from the get go.

- Explore and loot as much as you can but focus on survive, if you see a nasty packs of foes in first levels it's better to escape, you are gonna end wasting more resources than you gather.

- Every piece of loot in the game is useful, even the most mundane items. Malign Potions, nails to block doors temporarily, dust, smoke grenades... Some of the most important late game items are not spectacular or fancy.

- Experience comes by spotting enemies and picking potions and scrolls, and identifying them. So you don't need to fight enemies to get stronger, there are a few exceptions that drop good items, but they aren't usually the stronger ones with the exception of some high level wizards, and a little surprise I can´t spoil. This means that you should focus on get a lot of loot in the first levels to gain experience and get new skills and levels.

- You have 2 meters forcing you two progress and being efficient exploring and smart avoiding unncessary troubles. The first one is called shock, every dungeon level it resets to 0. If it gets to 100% you get 10-20% insanity and posibly a phobia (like fear of spiders, so you can't melee when they are spiders nearby. You can counter the phobia with a skill though). If get shocked several times and you insanity gets to 100% you instantly die. Remember than this game is based in HP Lovecraft lore (monsters, atmosphere and general theme). The shock value increases the closer you are to most enemies, and the longer you see them, so you have to be careful and manage this problem every level, either killing them fast or avoiding being close to them.

- Using scrolls, casting spells, drinking potions also increase your shock.

- Most scrolls are safe to ID, so try to do it when you have finished exploring a level and you are near downward stairs. With the exception of teleport, not because is unsafe, but because if you are for example at 90% shock and you teleport randomly to the other side of the level, its gonna be likely that you get a bite of insanity before getting to the stairs.

- Potions are not so safe (fire,poison,etc), but there is a good feature to help you. When some time passes with the potions in your inventory, you get a feel if they are benign or malign, so you can quaff ID them safely, or throw them to the enemies.

- When you enter a level with the rogue and you get anxious or have a bad feeling, means that an special enemy is in the level. Be specially careful, because they are usually very dangerous and not worth to fight unless you know exactly what are doing.

- Manage your lamp light with care because in later levels the darkness is a problem, and you want to conserve this resource. There are flares and a very useful and mana cheap spell to help you with this. But you want to save mana points for some combat spells or an escape teleport.

Maybe I forget something, but not much more. IA is a very organic game, where you learn from common sense, methodic play, improvisation with your resources and experience, not esoteric knowledge about arcane features. Once you start to get familiar with a lot of enemies you are gonna progress without problems.

I hope this post makes people curious about this game. It's design is very tight, beautiful and simple tileset (ASCII too) and good sound effects. The last version is the best version I played. The game has improved A LOT in the last two years. Very polished game, but not in the popamole modern sense, polished in the good incline way.

https://sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads

Last edited:

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Serus

My point is: i play DCSS many years and i do not see any of that "crap" you(i mean all of you anti-sjws) were talking about in game. Another thing i understood here is that sjw and anti-sjw are the same - they both dont like different opinions other than theirs. You only see what you want to see and do not care about the game.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Serus

My point is: i play DCSS many years and i do not see any of that "crap" you(i mean all of you anti-sjws) were talking about in game. Another thing i understood here is that sjw and anti-sjw are the same - they both dont like different opinions other than theirs. You only see what you want to see and do not care about the game.
Yea, whatever you say boss. And no one is really interested in your descriptions of SJW or anti-whatever here - THIS part is actually really off topic in this thread because it has absolutely nothing to do with any roguelike in particular (DCSS) or with the genre (roguelikes) in general. If you want to discuss SJW-ism or any other anti-whateverism in general terms instead of changes in DCSS then truly GD is made for that purpose as you pointed it yourself earlier.
GD is that way ->

buffalo bill

Arcane

Me too, with rogue. Got lucky with a second rod of cloud minds pretty early. I think the latest build is a bit easier than earlier ones, due to xp on item discovery and maybe fewer spawning enemies. But the game is still crazy hard. Thought I'd be done playing it for a while after beating, but I want the thrill again.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
As a Hindu nationalist, I'm furious that they renamed Sharnga.

Since the only unrandarts that were renamed by that patch were the Ring of Shaolin, Sharnga and Sword of Jihad, this is clearly a Sikh conspiracy. Sikh Justice Warriors ruin everything.

I decided to read the changelog, and dev blog because why not. At risk of reinflaming this, the stated rationale is to avoid references to real-world things. Since the new god is basically an ersatz group of shaolin monks, it doesn't seem like being PC is the motivation for removing the shaolin reference at least.

Given what I've seen/read/heard of the dev philosophy and David Ploog's public statements, the most likely rationale behind expunging real world references is antipathy to NetHack, which is full of cheeky references to real world stuff, including pop culture, religion, mythology etc. which is arguably at odds with the different tone combat/tactical focus of DCSS.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Me too, with rogue. Got lucky with a second rod of cloud minds pretty early. I think the latest build is a bit easier than earlier ones, due to xp on item discovery and maybe fewer spawning enemies. But the game is still crazy hard. Thought I'd be done playing it for a while after beating, but I want the thrill again.

19.2 is easier than 19.1. But 19.1 was insane. Too much bullshit I think.

19.2 It's harder than previous versions though. Before you could farm weak enemies for XP, that was huge help and very doable. And the rogue could cast cloud minds more frequently because it was an spell.

IA keeps being most than anything a very punishing game. You have to be flawless moving around the map and taking tactical decisions, or you are going to get destroyed easily.

I also got once an aditional rod of cloud minds, but I fucked that run, because my inventory was poor other than the 2 rods. I think it's very important to have a very balanced set of items to progress in the game, or you are going to encounter a bad situation soon you can't solve. Unlike other games, being a little jack of all trades is very beneficial here.

Last edited:

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Started playing "Shadow of the Wyrm" again, few new things spotted:
1. There is a shop in first town, now i can sell stuff.
2. First boss is much more intelligent - bastard attacked me from the distance, blinded me and killed my char. In older version i just bumped him to death.
3. Opening crypts is risky but reward worth it. I dont remember if crypts cointained anything worthy before?
4. Food is not so scarce. Earlier i starved to death while was boating across the sea.
5. Few new NPC's spotted.
Creator did put much work in new version:incline:
jcd748

Also, anybody knows how to get rid of cursed equipment?

Teepo

Scholar
Been playing an DCSS as a draconian transmuter and been getting my ass kicked. I'm playing version 11.2 because I can't stand all the pew pew pew spells and outrageous and wacky races. Also they put a limit on summons and removed some spells I like. I've only won once but I don't really need a nerf a summons. Also they removed secret doors which I think kills the feel of the game.

I mean they're free to do what they want with the game and I'll probably play their new version eventually but in my opinion they're fucking up. Fortunately you can play older versions of the game. But I always find people's elitist attitude funny when they shit on older fans for liking the old version of the game when they don't even know what the game used to be like.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
YEAR 1 UPDATE!
Kornel Kisielewicz, 13 Dec 2017

7d26657c-7434-473c-9c7e-cf880158f894.png

It has been one year since you Kickstarted Jupiter Hell! 12 months ago our Kickstarter completed at 117% of our target amount, and since then we’ve been hard at work to turn your generosity into a fantastic game :)

There have been some delays along the way, but we’re at a really good point right now. Some developments of late:

• We’ve expanded our team to 10 people, including 2 new programmers
  • Our custom engine is working great, with Linux builds, optimised physics and light systems, and of course the unique adaptive animation system that makes the game so fluid to play
  • We now have 6 separate environment tilesets, each with color schemes and varied amounts of decorative elements, so we’ll have diverse and interesting levels to explore
  • Jupiter Hell is now populated with several new enemies, including the imp, fat demon, clawed demon, combat drone and summoner, with others in the production queue (these are all placeholder names, incidentally)
  • Base gameplay mechanics are integrated, with the code for deeper elements already in place and ready for rapid expansion
  • ASCII mode!
f4418f00-0372-4309-9e97-7cb6e24d841a.gif

WHAT NEXT?
Our next Inner Circle build is expected by the turn of the year. This will be a meaty build for our IC fans, and we expect a big amount of adjustments based on that.

We then plan to release Jupiter Hell’s first alpha build to our Alpha backers in March! Our roadmap to alpha includes a number of key games features:

• Full game UI (though still mostly text-based placeholder)
  • Character creation and character advancement (xp, leveling, etc)
  • Inventory system, loot and ‘loot boxes’ (the fun kind!)
  • Initial FX system, for cool explosions, shot effects and more polish on the visuals
  • Many other fixes and polishing on technical features and quality of life improvements to make the game feel more playable and fun
  • Once we have the alpha released we’ll publish our roadmap to beta!
37b3e6db-51fc-4eeb-bc51-e3793f3155f7.png

DISCORD
Tired of sitting alone, unable to profess your love for Jupiter Hell and D**mRL to like-minded individuals? We understand how you feel, and so we’ve now made a ChaosForge Discord! Discord is a modern chat program with many nice features for gamers, and the ChaosForge Discord has an active community of fans of our games and regular interactions with the developers. Invitation here: ChaosForge Discord

a24d70f0-006f-4f44-8941-013c47c1c30b.png

THE NEW YEAR
2018 is going to be an exciting year for Jupiter Hell. We really appreciate your support through this, and your patience with us through the delays we’ve suffered. The support of fans and friends has been a huge source of strength! We hope you stick with us for the journey, and we can develop an amazing game with your help.

Happy holidays, everyone!

https://jupiterhell.com/news/17
https://jupiterhell.com/news/17#

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Fenix

Why the hell there is a GIRL on the poster?
That's disgusting, another team turned to be cuckolds.

Keep quiet, tovarish, sjws conquered rotten West. Con-queer-ed:obviously:

It is a jew conspiracy against the World

hackncrazy

Savant
Jupiter Hell seems promising as fuck. Kornel did a great job on DoomRL and I expect nothing less from this one.

Been playing an DCSS as a draconian transmuter and been getting my ass kicked. I'm playing version 11.2 because I can't stand all the pew pew pew spells and outrageous and wacky races. Also they put a limit on summons and removed some spells I like. I've only won once but I don't really need a nerf a summons. Also they removed secret doors which I think kills the feel of the game.

I mean they're free to do what they want with the game and I'll probably play their new version eventually but in my opinion they're fucking up. Fortunately you can play older versions of the game. But I always find people's elitist attitude funny when they shit on older fans for liking the old version of the game when they don't even know what the game used to be like.

I started playing DCSS a couple of years ago and the game was unbearable because it was extremely boring. 200 branches each one with 100 floors. A 3 rune win took more than 20 hours (while on the current version I can do the same with 6 to 8 hours).

I agree that some changes (classes being removed and such) are not the greatest thing, but at least they are doing the right things to help the game flows better.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Shadowcrawl, self-proclaimed "classic for the next generation", "highly developed rouguelike":

ss_dd1cd344de4c0f0cd64f7d170e99840a63ce6f41.600x338.jpg

A classic for the next generation, Shadowcrawl is an attempt at taking one of gamings greatest and oldest genres and improving upon it with modern design principles. Modeled after 80's rogue-likes, Shadowcrawl stays true to the classic rogue gameplay while updating the formula with the depth found in modern games.

Set in a highly interactive "Occult-Punk" universe rooted heavily in Gothic literature and Pagan lore. Influence the world mechanics to completely change rules of level generation and other gameplay aspects. You can even go so far as to replace all in-game enemies and alter the rules of life and death itself!

HIGHLY DEVELOPED ROGUELIKE
Fight over 100 different enemy types as you work your way through the dungeon, each with different ranks and roles. Defeat high ranking enemies quickly before they have a chance to mass an army for a counter-attack. Find secret bosses, rare-spawn monsters, and even replace weak in-game enemies with over-powered hidden enemies to forever change the face, and difficulty, of your game world.

Complete quests to add weapons, enemies, shrines and more to the level generator. Adding new items to the game as you go. Join powerful cults to gain new perks and powers. You can even worship some beings in secret without violating existing pacts, if you don't get caught.

Shadowcrawl is less about luck or collecting loot than it is strategy, not to say that luck and loot won't help along the way. Skills, perks and roles take on traits that let your character adapt more effectively to different features of the maze generator, forcing you to think strategically at all times about where you are standing and where you are going. Most players know many moves ahead of time if they are going to die once they learn how to read the battlefield. You are constantly being swarmed by hundreds, even THOUSANDS of enemies at a time must think on your feet to survive.

DEEP CHARACTER BUILDING
Shadowcrawl takes a strong focus on maintaining deep yet accessible character creation and development. Every possible build combination lends itself to a unique play-style and each build can even be re-geared on the fly to fulfill an entirely new role. Your choices, Gods, and allegiances throughout the game will also grant you access to new perks, abilities and more.

Mix & Match Melee, Ranged, and Stealth specializations in different combinations to create builds with unique playstyles. A stealth-oriented mage can get up to 8 stealth-kills in a single attack if played cleverly. The game will also coerce you into playstyles based on your choices. As a Demon it is effective to play in an underhanded manner or should you turned a mindless monster then your character is forced to berserk or die.

STEALTH
Some perks and classes will grant your character the ability to hide in the shadows. This enhances the lighting effects and makes the player hard to detect or even undetectable in low lighting conditions. Sneak past tough enemies and perform devastating attacks from the shadows. Combine with the Assassin perk for powerful stealth damage bonuses.

StealthScreen.png

COMPLEX INTERNALLY CONSISTENT OCCULT-PUNK UNIVERSE
Shadowcrawl is a fully actualized universe with consistent internal mechanics that can all be discovered and interacted with. Including the fundamental forces of life and magic, what the NEXUS is, where each NPC came from, how they wound up in the dungeon, and more. Every question in the game can be answered if you look hard enough. Every one of these things can be interacted with. Should the player find and tamper with the God that governs the laws of life and death, then the laws of life and death in the game will change

scrawlIntro2.png

The levels themselves are powered by technology that creates an actual infinite continuum of static game dungeons. These dungeons have been mathematically folded through higher dimensions to create a structure with a hyper-dimensional co-ordinate system...

...In other words the NEXUS really is a mathematically 10-dimensional space. It's not just lore, the NEXUS is an actual dungeon multi-verse.

Betraying the game-world mechanics can release terrifying secret enemies into your game. Things like killing the Omnipotent, collapsing dimensions in on themselves, or just generally warping space-time will unleash the deadly "Glitch" enemies into your game.

Unlike normal enemies, the "Glitches" can jump between your save files and show up in any universe for any character.

However they can be stopped. Killing "Glitches" you have freed will kill them for good, until you unleash some more.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
New huge update for Caves of Qud!

Changelog:

The Cooking and Hunger Rework Feature Arc
23 DECEMBER - ALPHABEARD
Roguelikes have a tradition of using survival mechanics like hunger and thirst to egg the player onward. The cultural importance of water in Qud makes thirst an interesting mechanic, but our previous hunger mechanic didn't quite meet our standards. We redesigned the hunger system and added a procedurally-driven cooking system. Our goal is to evoke the unique cultural role food plays in civilization and how that role is manifested in the strange and biodiverse world of Qud.

• Hunger has completely changed.
    • After a day without eating, you become hungry (no penalty). After another day without eating, you become famished (-10 Quickness). Thirst is unchanged.
    • The primary way to sate hunger now is to cook at a campfire. You can interact with campfires with the use key.
    • As long as you aren't in combat, you can make camp (see your abilities screen). This starts a campfire.
    • As long as you aren't in combat, you can whip up a basic meal at a campfire. This costs no resources and sates your hunger, even if you're famished.
    • Occasionally, the meal you whip up is especially tasty and grants you a small bonus for the rest of the day.
    • If you have special ingredients in your inventory, you'll occasionally use them when whipping up a meal. They grant dynamically-generated effects.
    • You can eat up to three times before you are too full to eat, but only the first meal has the chance to be tasty. This three-meal cap is relevant for the Cooking and Gathering skill, described below.
    • You can still eat food out of your inventory to supplement campfire cooking.
      • Most foods are now snacks, which sate a few hours of hunger.
      • Corpses count as full meals, but you can no longer bring yourself to eat them unless you're famished (or a carnivore...).
      • If you eat corpses or raw meat, your hunger is sated, but you become ill for 12 hours.
      • We removed auto-eat.
      • Fresh food spoilage is coming later.
    • Hunger status is ignored while traveling on the world map, as we assume you're cooking meals along the way.
    • However, if you travel more than one world map tile, you'll be hungry when you come back down to a local map.
    • Traveling overland is a bit more difficult now; lost rates have increased.
    • Crossing the salt desert on the overland map takes much longer now in game time (and water consumption).
    • We adjusted food quantities throughout the world to account for the new hunger system.
  • We added Cooking and Gathering, a skill that lets you do more sophisticated cooking.
    • You can learn Cooking and Gathering from the Kyakukyans.
    • If you have Cooking and Gathering, you get three new options in the campfire menu: cook with ingredients, cook from a recipe, and preserve fresh foods.
    • Cook with ingredients:
      • Cooking a meal with ingredients bestows a dynamically-generated effect for the rest of the day.
      • You can cook with up to two ingredients (three if you have the Spicer skill power).
    • Cook from a recipe:
      • We added handwritten recipes and procedurally-generated recipes.
      • We added procedurally-generated cookbooks with procedurally-generated recipes.
      • Cooking a meal from a recipe bestows a particular effect. You learn recipes from cookbooks or by performing the water ritual with NPCs.
      • You can share recipes during the water ritual.
      • Each village has a signature dish that its residents are willing to share in the water ritual. For example, share water with Mehmet or Elder Irudad to learn to cook Apple Matz.
    • Preserve fresh foods:
      • We added a whole bunch of cooking ingredients, with tiles and descriptions. In general, you create them by harvesting and butchering food, then preserving it at a campfire.
      • We converted some existing foods and liquids into cooking ingredients. Some foods can be cooked fresh. (limbs? heads? faces?)
      • We added kippers to the Stiltgrounds who sell preserved cooking ingredients. There's always a kipper tent in the southeast corner of the Stiltgrounds.
      • We changed the sign used for Stiltgrounds honey merchants (it's a bee now) and made the old one (a bottle) the sign for kippers.
    • The final Cooking and Gathering skill power is Carbide Chef.
      • With Carbide Chef, whenever you gain a level or 5% of the time you explore a new map, you become inspired to cook a meal (lasts for two days). While inspired, the next time you cook a meal by choosing ingredients, you get a choice of three dynamically-generated effects to apply. You create a recipe for the chosen effect.
  • Each village has an oven where you can cook food or eat its signature dish for free.
  • We simplified Harvestry and Butchery. They're now each a single power under the Cooking and Gathering tree.
    • Harvest Plants is now a toggleable passive power like Butcher Corpses.
    • Plants, meat, and organs you harvest and butcher can now be preserved at campfires and turned into cooking ingredients.
    • We adjusted all the harvestable and butcherable item frequencies to account for these changes.
    • You'll occasionally harvest or butcher items that previously required the Master skills at a low rate.
    • Ripe plants now appear as a different color than their non-ripe counterparts.
    • Ripe plants now appear on the alt overlay if you have the Harvestry skill.
    • We added some new harvestable and butcherable items.
  • Added a new 1-point mutation: Carnivorous.
    • Carnivores can eat raw meat without getting sick.
    • Carnivores don't need to be famished to eat meat.
    • Raw meat and meals cooked with meat are especially tasty to carnivores (increased chance for small bonus).
    • Carnivores get no satiation from non-meat foods and may get ill from eating them.
    • Carnivores can't cook with plant ingredients.
  • Here's a list of other cooking and hunger-related changes we made.
    • Removed the Ravenous defect.
    • Updated the Fasting Way and Mind over Body skill powers to work with the new hunger system.
    • Reduced the cost of Fasting Way, Conatus, and Mind over Body.
    • We tweaked the caste and subtype starting skills to account for new cooking, harvestry, and butchery.
    • Added a bunch of detail to the Wayfaring skill power descriptions.
    • Made harvestable witchwood rarer.
    • Added an option for auto-drink threshold.
    • Gave Svenlainard some preserved cooking ingredients.
    • Updated dreadroots' tile and harvest properties.
    • Updated the following UIs: turret selection, mine selection, recharge cell selection, book depositing, cell replacement, and pick-one-item quest reward selection.
  • Like with all our other systems, we'll be expanding this one as time goes on by adding new ingredients, recipes, and effects!
  • Apostles now start with Tactful.
  • Energy cells of the same charge level now stack in your inventory.
  • Fixed a bug with bleeding resist.
  • The textbox for most of the game's option dialog menus now properly resizes to account for long titles.
  • Added a Saves subfolder to the Caves of Qud's AppData folder. Saved games are now stored there.
  • Fixed an issue where energy cells didn't properly unstack when loading one of them into a cell slot.
  • Fixed an issue where slotted cells occasionally appeared duplicated in your inventory.
  • Mutations that protect you from sleep effects no longer prevent you from sleeping in bedrolls.
  • [modding] The ReloadSound tag now works with items that use energy cells. The sound plays when the cell is reloaded.

Below is the log for the changes from last week's beta patch.

• Added campfire sounds and music.
  • Ripe plants now appear properly in the alt overlay if you have Harvestry.
  • Updated the Fasting Way and Mind over Body skill powers to work with the new hunger system.
  • Reduced the cost of Fasting Way, Conatus, and Mind over Body.
  • Added procedurally generated cookbooks.
  • Traveling overland is a bit more difficult now; lost rates have increased.
  • Crossing the salt desert on the overland map takes much longer now in game time.
  • Mutations that protect you from sleep effects no longer prevent you from sleeping in bedrolls.
  • You can properly cook with all limbs, faces, and heads now.
  • Added descriptive information to liquid containers that contain liquid cooking ingredients.
  • Procedurally generated recipes now have very varied names.
  • Added ovens to villages where you can cook or eat the signature dish for free.
  • When you cook an inspired meal, the three effect choices are more varied now.
  • Reduced one of the effects for eating meat from +40-50% HP for an hour to +30-40% HP.
  • Added tiles and descriptions for all cooking ingredients.
  • Added signature dishes to the Six Day Stilt, Grit Gate, and Kyakukya.
  • Added a new 1-point mutation: Carnivorous.
  • Removed the Ravenous defect.
  • Updated the old UI to better display cooking recipes in the campfire menu.
  • You're told why you can't go to the worldmap when you're famished now.
  • Added message log entries for a bunch of cooking effect triggers.
  • Gave Svenlainard some preserved cooking ingredients.
  • Added a new cooking ingredient: fermented yuckwheat stem, preservable from yuckwheat stems.
  • Added honey and convalessence as proper cooking ingredients.
  • We changed the sign used for Stiltgrounds honey merchants (it's a bee now) and made the old one (a bottle) the sign for kippers.
  • Changed kippers' inventories.
  • Added back a bunch of harvestable and butcherable master targets as low-frequency harvest/butcher drops.
  • Scholar actually starts with Harvestry now.
  • Made witchwood rarer.
  • Lowered the jerky yield from most raw meats.
  • Apostles now start with Tactful.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Hey has anyone played Bionic Dues? How good is it in terms of roguelikeness? Is it worth trying in general?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Qud is... gud.

Also confession time -- Cogmind was the first game I have ever refunded on Steam. An inventory-based system where the item management feels tedious is just not my idea of a fun rogue-like. Too much equipping and and re-equipping and such.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
ADOM 3.0.6 released to the general public!

Hi everyone!

We start the new year with getting things out of the way: ADOM 3.0.6 now is available as a free download to the general public:

With this release our crowdfunding campaign comes full circle: We are officially done!

From now on we will focus our development effort on Ultimate ADOM and run ADOM in a kind of support mode (which means: it gets about 20% of our time for attention to fix bugs and add new features and content). Releases of ADOM will happen on Steam first (because it's technically much easier to do so) and then after a while also on IndieDB (but probably not every release but just the major ones).

If you would like to enjoy all the features of the Deluxe version of ADOM (the one on Steam) you still have a couple of ours left to get the best entry price in our Steam sale (which soon will be over). Utilize it right away!

And now have fun playing!

Thomas & Team ADOM

:salute::incline::dance:

Bros, you really need to try Adom now:

1. There is 8 new areas!

2. New crowning gifts!

3. 38 new artifacts!

:bounce:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fiiiiiiiiiiine...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom