Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

T. Reich

Arcane
As per my usual luck, I got just a box.

...Aaand it's white lights!

T. Reich

Arcane
Patch notes are in.

Ctrl+F "vinktar"... Nothing.

"Atziri's Acuity: No longer instantly leeches Life from critical strikes, and instead grants Vaal Pact if you have dealt a Critical Strike Recently. This does not affect existing versions of the item."
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Too bad I only own 2.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
crap, just realized they gutted my beloved braindead Cyclone Slayer even more now that Ruthless support cant be used with Cyclone.
but whatever, at least they did buff some weaker skills to shake things up as well.

oh wait

ArchAngel

Arcane
crap, just realized they gutted my beloved braindead Cyclone Slayer even more now that Ruthless support cant be used with Cyclone.
but whatever, at least they did buff some weaker skills to shake things up as well.

oh wait
I am sure you can find another support for it.

Veelq

Augur
I'll try to make those volatile balls rolling this league, oh sweet revenge :dealwithit:

T. Reich

Arcane
Tri-totem DP crit scion (assa+guar). Soul mantle + 2x kikazaru + self-flagellation shenaningans.
I managed to squeeze 600k+ per-totem sustainable "shaper" dps, though the build will take a bit of a hit with the DP nerf.
And I'm still not exactly sure how it will fare vs the new elder bosses, based on that super-spammy elder guardian fight that got showcased.

Once I'm bored with that, I'm rolling a glacial hammer meme build. No, seriously. I've theorycrafted a beastly beauty with really good single target dps and hopefully passable aoe. If the GH threshold jewel's splash aoe is any good, it's gonna be gud.

I'm also hoping that the reworked lightning tendrils would be gud. Anyone up to making a build with them?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Tri-totem DP crit scion (assa+guar). Soul mantle + 2x kikazaru + self-flagellation shenaningans.
I managed to squeeze 600k+ per-totem sustainable "shaper" dps, though the build will take a bit of a hit with the DP nerf.
And I'm still not exactly sure how it will fare vs the new elder bosses, based on that super-spammy elder guardian fight that got showcased.

Once I'm bored with that, I'm rolling a glacial hammer meme build. No, seriously. I've theorycrafted a beastly beauty with really good single target dps and hopefully passable aoe. If the GH threshold jewel's splash aoe is any good, it's gonna be gud.

I'm also hoping that the reworked lightning tendrils would be gud. Anyone up to making a build with them?
I was thinking about the tendrils for a build. But I have no experience with channeled skills so I am not quite sure how to scale that.

Also, give me more good starter builds, the league starts tomorrow and I don't know what to play!

T. Reich

Arcane

I was thinking about the tendrils for a build. But I have no experience with channeled skills so I am not quite sure how to scale that.

Also, give me more good starter builds, the league starts tomorrow and I don't know what to play!

Same shit as in the last league, except if you want to go VP - then pick Slayer instead of Zerker.

As for tendrils - you can pretty much treat them as another non-channeled spell, except that you can't use spell echo and are more flexible in controlling your bursts.

Hyperion

Arcane
I play exclusively melee because I'm a masochist. After the glory that is namelock in Grim Dawn, I'm going to force my endgame build around Dual Strike.

Level with Cleave 'till I get the Dual Strike threshold jewel. Ancestral Call + Might and Influence (hopefully) will do triple 360 degree splash damage on all targets. Swap in Multistrike for bosses.

Will probably start off non-crit with a focus on Uber lab, then spec into it when I get some currency and can push into T15's. Still torn between Slayer and Glad. Even post-nerf, uber Cull is hard to pass up. Glad's Bleed 'splosions would be fantastic for clearing, and the passive Endurance Charge generation will allow me to slot in Abyssal Cry for even bigger explosions if I so desire.

Padre

Liturgist
I'm trying to think of something for SSF. The always safe choice is just go for SRS Necro, but god damn those new items look juicy. Was thinking Gladiator but I really hate Sunder with a passion. Is Reave even viable?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I'm trying to think of something for SSF. The always safe choice is just go for SRS Necro, but god damn those new items look juicy. Was thinking Gladiator but I really hate Sunder with a passion. Is Reave even viable?
The increased the aoe of reave this patch right?

https://imgur.com/a/DUIjf

Seems like a significant increase, but can't tell you anything about the damage and smoothness of play, I played one reave char a long time ago, Ziggys southpaw Ranger, it was cool but a lot has changed since then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom