Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jason Liang

Arcane
You have to change the maximum storage memory from the default and reduce it. At least if you play on a laptop (like I was).

T. Reich

Arcane
I've been playing the game pretty much non-stop for almost 5 full years now, and I got maybe about 50 crashes total; and less than 5 crashes in the current year.
The game is quite stable, and all the critical internal game client crashes are a N1 priority for bugfixes. So, in 90% of the cases the crash is the fault of your OS rather than the game's.

Perkel

Arcane
Ehh new league items are outright fucked top.

Players : We need more balanced game ! Fix skills that are barely used !
GGG:

GSlyw5d.png

Yeah. Two Gain damage auras for free. 7% elemental penetration. Put that in off hand and watch bilions of damage.

Hyperion

Arcane
Those aren't new league items. They're part of the War for the Atlas. Even if Abyss isn't integrated into the main game they're here to stay, lol.

T. Reich

Arcane
The abyss jewels are also downright ugly OP. The amount of flat damage and life you can get on those... And since they're so plentiful, they're cheap as fuck.

And some of the new uniques, too...

I dunno guys, I feel kind of bad now. It's like GGG decided to stop giving a fuck about any semblance of balance whatsoever.

Perkel

Arcane
What is the point of using normal jewels anymore...
Well you can still get 50% inc damage for spells and stuff with them. Abyss jewels give flat bonuses that might not be as good.

But flat bonuses are generally stronger than just increased %. AND they are usually coupled with good chunk of life (at least that is for me).

Zdzisiu

Arcane
The abyss jewels are also downright ugly OP. The amount of flat damage and life you can get on those... And since they're so plentiful, they're cheap as fuck.

And some of the new uniques, too...

I dunno guys, I feel kind of bad now. It's like GGG decided to stop giving a fuck about any semblance of balance whatsoever.
Dont worry, GGG will announce in the middle of the league that it is in fact a void league, problem solved!

ArchAngel

Arcane
What is the point of using normal jewels anymore...
Well you can still get 50% inc damage for spells and stuff with them. Abyss jewels give flat bonuses that might not be as good.

But flat bonuses are generally stronger than just increased %. AND they are usually coupled with good chunk of life (at least that is for me).
Depends on if you are using weapons or spells. For spells, nice % bonuses should be better. Especially if you are using a low efficiency spell like me (only 20%)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It's funny that I was just listening to an interview with the PoE devs were they talk about how hard it's to balance new gear... if it's weaker than current items, people say it's pointless. But if it's stronger than current items, people call it OP.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Abyss troves got some really drops for me, I haven't finished act 8 yet and got 20+ not shit uniques and an exalted orb.Either I'm dreaming or something big gonna happen to me.
I got nothing near that. But I got an exalt drop from a random monster :D

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
While some of the items posted do seem ridiculously good, only very few of them actually increase your defenses, and it was your defenses that got hit during the 3.1 changes. All these new weapons are only increasing your dps, and not by that much compared to a weapon that would cost you the same amount of currency those new ones are. Just looking at the double extra-ele as phys sword that has been posted, for a caster build it does almost nothing because you lose out on about 150% spell/eledamage. For a meleebuild it looks great at first glance, but unless youre using the new ele-penetration chest or are playing wild-strike elementalist, the price will not justify the increase in dps. You're better off using a 3G prismatic eclipse in your offhand when playing something like sunder that only uses your mainhand weapon, and for builds that use both hands you will want a 300+ dps weapon instead. I'm not even sure its better than a deaths hand, and it will most likely cost way more than that one.

Since all these items do is increase dps, which doesn't make that big of a difference for a decently made build because you had no trouble clearing t15 anyway, the only thing changing is that builds that were using a single skill for aoe/bosses or got by by using just a 4l for either aoe or bosses get improved less than builds that need multiple 6links to work nicely. This should increase build diversity, which is a good thing. It also encourages people to build around having multiple 6links available, making the gameplay more involved because you dont just hold RMB to clear screens for 10hours straight.

I still hope that the upcoming league, which should bring a whole variety of rebalancing with it, will adress the powercreep that has been happening over the last 2 years and ultimately slow down the game a bit.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
only got started lately, didnt get shit, but those Abyss mechanics are kinda sweet.

to help my disappointment, i got something on Std that was on my list since Harbinger and guy finally came back.
was listed at 85ex on Harbinger (which i would have paid), than gave it for free, because he doesnt care bout Std
(6 linked, correct colours now obv)
PvRrwLj.jpg

that +2 extra weapon range makes mapping super smooth
:positive:

Perkel

Arcane
Thanks to all new Abyss jewells you can hit 1100hp by end of the act 2 with just few life nodes. -_- I remember times when you had 300 hp by end of act 2 and it was considered tanky character. I also remember times when killing single mob was something that usually required you to hit something more than once. Now from hour 1 you have access to gem combination that clears whole field of monsters in one hit. Weapons that gave you +% to damage +phys damage +attack speed at the same time were rare so getting 150% of normal weapon damage was not considered standard. But now you can just do few rerols and craft what you are missing.

I think i am done with PoE. PoE started fun but developers with rise in game popularity got scared of people. Instead of saying to people well we don't agree and do their own things they follow what people want.
"MORE MONSTERS, MORE DPS, MORE LIFE, MORE AWESOME, MORE MORE MORE, FASTER BASE SPEED, MORE MONSTERS, MORE MONSTERS SO THAT MY 2 SECOND ABILITY WON'T SWITCH OFF, MORE AOE INBALANCE, FUCK SINGLE TARGET MORE AOE, AOE AOE AOE AOE !. NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS MORE NUMBERS DPS DPS DPS MORE DPS. BAN REFLECT BAN VIOLETILE BLOOD, DON'T READ MODS ! WHO NEEDS TO READ MODS !"

What started as action arpg, real sequel to Diablo 2 year by year transforms more and more into chinese farm.

Perkel

Arcane
werent even their internal testers warning that those abyss jewels are too op?

I don't think they care. If you look at reddit and other places people love it. Ofcourse they love it. Abyss boxes are real piniatas. Not only you have Breach going on but also box at the end that has huge chance of spawning something good.

People are addicted to getting more and if they don't get more they say it is shit league or patch and developers are scared of looking at design and saying no to those people.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Seeing how its pretty much impossible to actually craft a good abyss-jewel due to the amount of different tiers for each individual affix, the only way for them to have any impact is to have a decent droprate for them. Abyss jewels, unless you get really fucking lucky, aren't even better than normal jewels, it's just that their availability is far higher. Most of those "insane" abyss jewels with 4 damage mods still get beat by normal jewels that also have 4 damage mods. Flat-damage is nice for certain builds, but except for varunastra which could use all 4 damage mods on abyss jewels, any other build can only really benefit from two of them, and those need to be conversion builds. Compare that to up to 4 damage mods that you can use from normal jewels (e.g. phy%, ele%, dmg% and area%), and most people will still opt for a well rolled normal jewel instead.

The only advantage of abyss jewels is that you get a lot of them just by playing the game and not not having to roll them, rolling them is way too expensive anyway. Alt-spamming and geting a lucky regal sure gets beat by having somewhat decent jewels drop from time to time. And it's not like those "god-tier" abyss jewels with 3 usable damage stats and 45+ life are dropping every other map. Getting a 45+ life roll on a jewel is really rare, even on a ghastly or searching, and those have like half the possible prefixes compared to hypnotic/murderous ones.

I suggest actually playing the game to see how "op" this "op" stuff actually is. Beats crying wolf every time some admittedly broken-looking stuff gets posted on reddit.

Perkel

Arcane
i do miss those days of hacking white monster multiple times to kill it...

I know addiction, it feels wrong. If you don't kill everything on one hit "it feels wrong". It feels wrong because you are used to kill everything on one hit. It feels wrong because instead of 3-4 monster groups sometimes 5-8 for larger packs you have literally ENDLESS amount of monsters coming at you any time so if you don't have AOE spell then it feels wrong. Changes they made basically forced this meta. Either you kill everything on sight in second or it is poor game-play. You don't die because you made mistake in positioning and pack of rhoas pummeled you. You die because every monster to offset their shortlifes deal trackload amount od damage and you found yourself inside pack of monsters.

I remember times that you could even evade CLOSE attacks of monsters and that was even with non lockstep mode. Now i often see in lockstep mode that some monster starts to attack and it hits me half a mile away when i run past him.

When you remove most of fun gameplay and leave only build crafting it becomes boring numbers game. For some that boring numbers game is fine but it isn't something for me. I love theory/buildcrafting but only when i can actually use it rather than just spam one OP spell and tactics don't matter because everything dies on one hit aside from very few mobs.

PoE started as Dark Souls where gear mattered but your skill also had impact and then transformed into Korean MMO farm where you chase ever increasing numbers and you click one mouse button yawing from time to time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom