Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most evil/cruel things you can do in an RPG?

Cael

Arcane
My favorite FO2 evil moment is when, in order to murder Carlson, you can plant explosives in Carlson's kid and send it to his father.
The Enlightened One in NCR as a pretty disturbing moment too. When you tell her you are there to kill her, she gives you permission to do so.

Mark Richard

Arcane
The Expeditions games are chock-full of human sacrifices. In Conquistador you can select companions to sacrifice, and in Viking you can trick a father into accepting his own son as a sacrifice.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In KOTOR is used the Wookie's life debt to me to order him to murder his lifelong childhood friend.

They gave you also option to send Alice to choping block in DAO. Of course in both occasions those companions are such brats you always choose this option without second thought unlike sacrificing the blind one in one to defeat her Master... that was hard choice given that she was nice and useful to keep around. In Jade Empire you can sleep with both girls then kill one to become Emperor still less evil then sacrificing woman who loved and trusted you for no gain since her Master is so easy to defeat. +M

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Work for the Kuejin in Bloodlines. Traitor to your entire species for the win!
I don't know, man. It isn't as it you asked to be part of the species. It is like a Jew forced to be a Nazi betraying Hitler :D

Maybe so but if you prove yourself you know you will be welcome, wether it is Anarchs or Camarilla. Heck you can even give them all the middle finger (best ending) but you must be batshit insane to join the Kuejin.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Fuck over Necropolis by taking the water chip without fixing the pump, and thus dooming the whole city. Or the F2 equivalent - blowing up Gecko's reactor, thus dooming Vault City and Gecko.

Cael

Arcane
My favorite FO2 evil moment is when, in order to murder Carlson, you can plant explosives in Carlson's kid and send it to his father.
A lot of the ways to kill off people on the sly in FO2 is pretty disturbing:

Orville Wright - death by giving his kid a gun and telling him to wave it in daddy's face (shown above in the screenshot).
Louis Salvatore - Steal his oxygen tank and substituting in an identical tank filled with poison gas.
John Bishop - Changing the combination on his safe so that he triggers his own trapped safe.
Big Jesus - Feed him a dose of Jet (oh, the irony).
Carlson - Said bombing technique.
Westin - Find out about his heart condition, get Renesco to doctor some heart pills with poison, stealing and substituting Westin's heart pills at his doctor's, wait for him to drop dead.

Heck, if you really want to, you can feed Cassidy some Coca Nuka cola and he will drop dead. Fallout 2 doesn't mess around with it comes to mayhem and murder.

Cael

Arcane
Maybe so but if you prove yourself you know you will be welcome, wether it is Anarchs or Camarilla. Heck you can even give them all the middle finger (best ending) but you must be batshit insane to join the Kuejin.
Anarchs, I can see. Cammies? Hell no. After the bollocking that every Cammie gave you from the very first second of your unlife, you'd be mad to willingly join them. In fact, the nicest people in the whole game are the Anarchs and the Nosferatu, which is pretty damned ironic.

As for the Kuei-jin, if you don't know the back history and only go by what happened in the game, they didn't actually actively attack you, did they? The Cammies most definitely did, and those are supposed to be the "your species"? Hah! :D

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Anarchs, I can see. Cammies? Hell no. After the bollocking that every Cammie gave you from the very first second of your unlife, you'd be mad to willingly join them. In fact, the nicest people in the whole game are the Anarchs and the Nosferatu, which is pretty damned ironic.

As for the Kuei-jin, if you don't know the back history and only go by what happened in the game, they didn't actually actively attack you, did they? The Cammies most definitely did, and those are supposed to be the "your species"? Hah! :D

Not truuuue. Strauss is always explicitly civil and does not give you any bollocking. LaCroix is very magnanimous when you actually do what he asks. And you know... those who attacked you were renegades or mislead by renegades.

Cael

Arcane
Not truuuue. Strauss is always explicitly civil and does not give you any bollocking. LaCroix is very magnanimous when you actually do what he asks. And you know... those who attacked you were renegades or mislead by renegades.
You should see Strauss after your rooms in the chantry got attacked.

And I wouldn't spit on Lacroix if he was on fire. Couldn't stand that slimy puke from the very first time I saw him in the theatre, nevermind the crap he pulled afterwards.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
In MOTB;
You can attempt to devour the Founder. This attempt to devour soul is perhaps the only time that your curse/Akachi resists. IF you previously devoured Myrkul, you can suceed in devouring the Founder, overriding his resistance. So the bitch who cursed you with her lover's hunger is devoured by said lover.
Considering the backstory of Motb, this option feels evil yet feels satisfying.

Pretty much the entire story from start to end if you go full evil is pretty monstrous. It's also one of my favourite endings to a game, especially if you have One of Many along for the ride.

"What have you done?"

Iznaliu

Arbiter
You should see Strauss after your rooms in the chantry got attacked.

I don't remember seeing that happening, are you talking about something in a a mod or is my memory just pretty shitty?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Working for Strauss was very pleasant experience especially when you played as Tremere and got secret high Class apartment in chantry. He also tell you explicitly to let you fuck doll sorry ghoul go before the attack so whatever happens next is your own fault. Plus their ending:

:obviously:

Darkzone

Arcane
It is pretty obvious that in the Fallout Series you can steal the cake. Figuratively and Literally.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Personal high-lights that stood out to me when it happened, massive spoilers, obviously:
  • The absolute soul-crushing you can inflict upon Dak'kon in Planescape: Torment stands out as one of the most damning acts of wanton cruelty in gaming, when you inform him of his bond to you, what a farce it is built upon, and repeatedly abuse it in ways that goes against everything he believes in and wants. You basically orchestrated the Words of the Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon and manipulated Dak'kon into taking a vow of complete servitude until your death, with the obvious issue of you being being functionally immortal in all ways that matters. Once you piece all this together, you can basically throw it in his face and break him and there's nothing he can do. I've never felt so bad about abusing words and pixels in my life.

• Also in Planescape: Torment, you can force Morte back into the Pillar of Skulls, which in the context of everything you know about the Pillars of Skulls and Morte at that point is similarly soul-crushing, because there is nothing in the entirety of the multiverse that horrifies Morte more than that. Keeping in mind that while Morte is a shifty and lecherous git, he's also been a complete and utter bro for the entirety of the game, and tried to be genuinely helpful, much due to a sense of legitimate remorse towards The Nameless One; he's not even forced to follow you in the same way Dak'kon is.

• Believe it or not, Pillars of Eternity. There's a boy in Defiance Bay that wants you to get him a knife. However, at least under certain circumstances, you can pick the boy up, and then hurl him into the ground, where an audible crack snaps something within him, and he sinks down into a whimpering pile. This may be dependent on you being a Deathlike and/or a Bleak Walker, and it may not sound like much to the world, but I was actually taken aback when this appeared and again, felt absolutely horrible. Just the fact that the option shows up (unfortunately inconsistent with the vast majority of writing in Pillars of Eternity) however and the way it is written has forever embedded this moment in my head as an extremely memorable and cruel event.
I think arguably one of few notable cases of this in Tyranny is the ability to
straight up kill a baby in its crib if you can't find an alternate solution to the quest at hand.
Ice cold.
You have to be legitimately lazy and retarded to get into that position, though. First you need to have completely neglected your Lore (why the fuck would you have such low fucking lore? It's practically impossible to fail checks in Tyranny) and then you need to be too retarded or lazy to go to the Burning Library and just pick up upon the relevant info. Tyranny as a game, especially with the tagline "Sometimes, Evil Win", is surprisingly light on relevant moral ambiguity or "lesser evil" situations. Tyranny is a game of completely wasted potential, which is a damn pity, because it's got elements of greatness but seems afraid to take the good things and run with them. It doesn't help that it seems like it was pushed out the door. It plays like a proof-of-concept for certain game mechanics (mainly the Conquest system) and as an interesting setting of things that haven't really been done before (Bronze/Iron Age, the Archons, etc.) but just falls short of what it should've been.

I wish all the effort that went into PoE and PoE 2 had instead gone into Tyranny, even though I realize that Tyranny without the framework of PoE wouldn't really have been Tyranny.
Arcanum - the ending where you destroy all life and, with nothing else left, just wait for the world to end.
that's a good ending though
I sometimes listen to the speech just because it's so good, still. I wish more necromancers had compelling personal or philosophical reasons for what appears as wanton evil at first glance. It's not necessarily very deep or profound, but he's not "just" insane or "simply evil", his madness is arguably understandable based on his description of his experiences.

Starwars

Arcane
I usually have no problems whatsoever playing evil characters in a game but Planescape: Torment is the one game where I've struggled to do that. I just can't deal with it.
:negative:

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Funny cruel in NV : you can fuck with the ghoul's rockets so they crash into each other during the "Fly With Me" questline.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
In MOTB;
You can attempt to devour the Founder. This attempt to devour soul is perhaps the only time that your curse/Akachi resists. IF you previously devoured Myrkul, you can suceed in devouring the Founder, overriding his resistance. So the bitch who cursed you with her lover's hunger is devoured by said lover.
Considering the backstory of Motb, this option is evil yet satisfying.
This has got to be the cleverest moment in any game I played. Bravo. I don't have the balls to be this evil so I never figured it might work like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom