Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eador Genesis

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Probably. It's been there for a while though. It's a shame because most of the new sprites are pretty much indistinguishable in style from the original ones, whoever makes them does a really good job.

Helton

Arcane
I've heard in New Horizons you can bring heros/units/items from shard to shard? I'm near the beginning of the campaign and so far haven't had that option. Is it an advantage you unlock? I'm really excited for that because most of the selectable advantages seem like trash but this could dramatically alter the opening sequence: if you had a high level swordsman or something along those lines.

Does anyone know how to do this/when it will become available? I think I've conquered 4 shards so far.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I've heard in New Horizons you can bring heros/units/items from shard to shard? I'm near the beginning of the campaign and so far haven't had that option. Is it an advantage you unlock? I'm really excited for that because most of the selectable advantages seem like trash but this could dramatically alter the opening sequence: if you had a high level swordsman or something along those lines.

Does anyone know how to do this/when it will become available? I think I've conquered 4 shards so far.
You can start with a unit (as selectable advantage) but i think it's a fresh one. Still if the unit is solid it might enable you a more aggressive/faster early play. Haven't played very far with the mod tough.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
You get more points in the astral and much better rewards for taking shards (good items and tier 1 units) than in the base game. No transfers between shards as far as I know, don't know if that's even possible in the engine.

Boon947

Literate
Hey DS, it seems like Jazz is about to release a new version of NH. Do you feel like helping out like you did last time? An English release around Xmas would be a nice present :)

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Sure, I can have a look. I've played the latest Russian release a little, looks like there are some new abilities and buildings.

Emily

Arcane
I just got into this game. It's objectively an unbalanced mess, but with so much heart and a good concept behind it that it shouldn't be a surprise if fans fixed it up right. I'll try out that New Horizons mod.
It is actually very balanced game. Take.it from someone who played it for years.

The only "unbalanced" part is that at highest difficulties there are only viable two opening strategies. Sword plus healer,or barb plus healers.

Matod

Novice
Hot seat thru teamviewer
Hello , does anyone play with me new horizons mod for this in multiplayer please?

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I just won two shards and finally beat that fucker Doh Gor and he just started a war on my shard. I'm really nervous about the whole "you lose the campaign if you lose this shard" clause.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, you know if you would be reduced to one province, you can restart the shard. And I think step backs works too.

(But I kinda dislike these battles, so when I'm attacked I tend to say fuck that. And use cheat engine to give myself proper gold to speed things up a bit.)

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
New NH release 17.1001.b01 :cool: (Russian Version)

Changes among others:

1.) Female heroes, sample pictures only. Have to be enabled in Eador.cfg, Woman Characters (0 - not use/1 - use, default 0): 1.

2KBUnz.jpg

2. School of Nature Magic has level 5 building with perks now
djatmL.jpg

and allows the hiring of Behemoths
277guw.jpg

Full list of changes

And any news about an English version?

Last edited:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Jesus fucking christ, how am I supposed to be able to take provinces at the same rate as Doh-Gor while I'm defending my shard from him? I can see him with 6 extra provinces by the time I have 3. I can't fucking capture one every turn when 2 of the ones near me have 9 barbarians, 1 has slugs with lizardmen, one has dwarves and ballista, one has the prince's men, and one has 9 undead including ghouls. It is not numerically possible to amass an army with the strength to be taking these fights and winning them every turn to keep up the same rate of expansion as Doh-Gor, much less even winning one of them. This is total bullshit.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Slugs with lizardmen are T2 provinces. If you can beat up dwarves one ballista is typically non issue. And that undead province, one ghoul or two?

Matod

Novice
Valky it's not that hard, if you play game long enough you will understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I defeated Doh Gor last night actually.

Slugs with lizardmen are T2 provinces. If you can beat up dwarves one ballista is typically non issue. And that undead province, one ghoul or two?
Lizardmen maybe but slugs poison my units to death handily. And dwarves are annoyingly tanky that I get overwhelmed by them.

Just 1 ghoul though. I ended up taking him out with my ranger and then it was easy. Same with the Lizardmen one. Melee combat would cause me losses though.

Valky it's not that hard, if you play game long enough you will understand.
I feel like I'm missing something about the game. It takes me multiple turns scouting my own provinces to get back gold to afford most anything, and I'm back to waiting out for gold if I take any troop losses.

Matod

Novice
you need to build crystal and complete quest and take gold , also first conquer all free settlements asap around turn 40 you should have commander with 5-6 t2 units

Last edited by a moderator:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Ring 1 means these six provinces from capital. Typically monsters in these provinces are bit weaker. Ring 2 are these provinces two tiles away from capital, these are bit, or A LOT harsher. For mage it's VERY hard to get into ring 2.

Now of course if these undead are in ring 1, it's bit stronger, but still doable. One ghoul means only 8 more skeletons or zombies.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
you need to build crystal and complete quest and take gold , also first conquer all free settlements asap around turn 40 you should have commander with 5-6 t2 units

By turn 70 I might have 1 t2 unit. Crystal doesn't always give me monster kills that I have any buildings to find them in too.

Matod

Novice
valky if you are intrested we can play together vs AI some maps and i will show you some tips thru temaviewer , what you say ? :) i am allways intrested in different tactics in this game , what ppl develop and see them in action :)

Lord Pickle

Literate
Only play skirmishes so the tactics may differ from playing the campaing. Also new horizons vs vanilla differs a lot when it comes to openings. For example in vanilla capturing first ring in 7-10 turns is normal while in new horizons it's just not going to happen.

The basic idea is a combination of knowing which hero/soldiers to pick depending on starting terrain + knowing which fights to pick for said hero/soldiers. Also playing for light means you have to focus on leveling hero and getting veterans (high lvl T1 units) while playing for chaos the focus is mainly on hero, the soldiers are just cannon fodder until better ones are available (or summons). Also getting second hero just for exploring and as a mule is good idea. Usually i'm getting one when main hero hits lvl 10.

Theese two threads are well worth reading:
http://translate.googleusercontent....3befeb&usg=ALkJrhjLzJqhw5Yu_ZY3kEHwTzaCLgf84Q
http://translate.googleusercontent....bf7677&usg=ALkJrhhK00p_1SuWiqGaWTdJgxhBr5rupw

Matod

Novice
it depends also on dificulty you play but on turn 10 on expert ring 1 is no problem also second hero around turn 15-20

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom