Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eador Genesis

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I usually start going for Warrior + healer + swordsman or Ranger + Pikemen. Still takes me ages to get anywhere.

Matod

Novice
warrior needs iron m ranger needs wood or diplomacy, good starting is for diplomacy ranger, for standard game commander and for swamps mage

Boon947

Literate
Hello,

Quick update on the translation of the latest version.
Jazz (the main Russian dev) released f01 on December 30.
There were several issues with that fix, so he quickly released f02 and f03.
I'm aiming to release 2.80a either this week end, or the next one.
Thank you all for your patience and enthusiasm.
Sorry for the delay, life always finds a way to get in the way :-(

Regards.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
it depends also on dificulty you play but on turn 10 on expert ring 1 is no problem also second hero around turn 15-20

I'm curious, how often do you get the "tactician" award on expert? I can do it on smaller maps and on competent because the only way I can achieve no losses is with swordmen + ranger. On expert I can't afford this combination right from the start unless I am very lucky with the map RNG.

Also I don't even dream of the second hero until turns 80-100 because the swordsmen are so expensive (especially without iron). However, once they gain levels and medals, and the ranger learns double shot, you don't need the second hero on smaller maps.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm curious, how often do you get the "tactician" award on expert? I can do it on smaller maps and on competent because the only way I can achieve no losses is with swordmen + ranger. On expert I can't afford this combination right from the start unless I am very lucky with the map RNG.

I don't. I had electricity failure during windy day. And majority of my shard conquests was as evil with Barbarians. That 10 dragon lairs challenge is easy.
The great things about Eador design is T1 units are well done nicely balanced, and every of them have its uses. (Thought pikemen are used quite rarely.) Using swordsmen is only one way to start, perhaps the safest, but also quite expensive.

Starting with mage is quite difficult, perhaps you should try it sometimes.

Also I don't even dream of the second hero until turns 80-100 because the swordsmen are so expensive (especially without iron). However, once they gain levels and medals, and the ranger learns double shot, you don't need the second hero on smaller maps.
Everytime when I delay second hero for stuff like fast T2 unit, I say I'm idiot for doing that. Delaying second hero is typically bad, after getting T2 units, I typically use even third hero.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
The only time I've ever been able to kill a dragon is with a level 25 warrior who has massive stats from gear so he can take hits and assassin to deal that poison damage.

Matod

Novice
ye next hero is just a must cause of income from dungeons.. dragon can be easily defeated with comander around lvl 11 with orcs with shield bashing , Raghnar if you wanna play sometime add me on steam dobromato

gogis

Scholar
Guys have changed AI behaviour in new installment of New Horizons so enemies will never bumrush your guys if they have trendy ranged firepower. Basically, tactics reversed - they tuck-in in a corner and you rush. Not sure about it, honestly.

I slowly starting to appreciate commander + mass archers start. Playing melee+healers is not that easy anymore.

God, I love this mod, I rediscovered Eador once again. No new games giving me fix like that.

Guys have changed AI behaviour in new installment of New Horizons so enemies will never bumrush your guys if they have trendy ranged firepower. Basically, tactics reversed - they tuck-in in a corner and you rush. Not sure about it, honestly.

Noticed that as well...I think its flawed and makes the AI easier in some circumstances. In one instance it was 16 units against my defending one badly wounded fighter. By refusing to move, it was a stalemate, which worked out in my favor.

gogis

Scholar

Noticed that as well...I think its flawed and makes the AI easier in some circumstances. In one instance it was 16 units against my defending one badly wounded fighter. By refusing to move, it was a stalemate, which worked out in my favor.

Wait, I thought that behavior was happening when you attack AI, not vice versa? If they attacked you and then refused to move then it's probably a bug. I also think that these changes are controversial, but thats fresh changes, will see

Serus

Arcane
Patron

I slowly starting to appreciate commander + mass archers start. Playing melee+healers is not that easy anymore.

God, I love this mod, I rediscovered Eador once again. No new games giving me fix like that.
Did they finally fix the bug where the AI sometimes got armies with maxed levels of all units early in a scenario out of nowhere ? I remember that was the thing that killed my enjoyment of the otherwise great mod (to a great game).

Citizen

Did they finally fix the bug where the AI sometimes got armies with maxed levels of all units early in a scenario out of nowhere ? I remember that was the thing that killed my enjoyment of the otherwise great mod (to a great game).

I had this issue, lvl30 armies out of nowhere. I found some post where people figured out that adding more water to the shard stops AI from snowballing and it worked for me. But it was year ago, I haven't played with the latest patches.

gogis

Scholar

Have you messed with game settings, like lowering water tiles? AI need to be somewhat curtailed at max difficulties.

OTOH, I had lvl30 stacks of doom in a base game, many years ago, also on maximum difficulty. Back in days I've been fixing that with, I think, spiders? guards everywhere or just threw white flag. It has to happen sometimes, when stars aligned and AI just steamrolling everything.

I've been playing campaign a lot lately (on expert, I need to relearn everything) and never ran into that issue.

Use to run into that Lvl 30 enemy on turn 20 or so on rare occasions with the prior New Horizons Version. Have been playing this updated version and have not encountered it at all.

Also, I wanted to mention there is an even newer version released in Russian. You can encourage the translator to finish the english translation in this thread:

http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=4308

razvedchiki

Erudite
how to increase chances dwarfs will spawn near my starting location?
also is it possible to completely raise provinces?i find it weird playing a goody character and governing over goblins and orcs.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Guys, I'm still kinda learning Eador. I know after a certain level the game will give you the option to upgrade units, but I just noticed the following (image below)

There is an icon in the unit screen which says "Upgrade unit".

Does this mean there is an option to "manually" upgrade units (by paying for example?)
If so, how does it work? Because it's not a clickable button. Perhaps the unit needs to reach a certain level?

X6N2sDv.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom