Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Zer0wing

Cipher
Also voted. But in Skyrim's case, I don't see why so negative. Guys behind Enderal certainly earned their praise by delivering a better game than Todd's Skyrim.

A few questions:

1) Is this the latest version? No more bugs?
2) Is there a mega\torrent link? Moddb is dead
3) I'm going to play Deus ex for the first time with GMDX. I guess the choice is right?
4) Any suggestions worth noting?

Self-Ejected

xipenec

Self-Ejected
I have saves of GMDX probably-8-something somewhere in chink territory. Are those compatible with GMDX 9?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Started playing it on realistic on Saturday. Fucking love it. The new designs, new items, enemy loadouts, etc. It's all fantastic.

Now let me ask you a question: will there ever be a definitive guide done to everything in the game what's new and what's changed?
Also, just to the point where I've betrayed Unatco and already advanced on Rifles, Hacking, Electronics, and Lockpicks, while trained on Melee, Stealth, and Athletics.
And the upgrades are numerous for enough for me to have scoped the Assault Rifle, Crossbow, Stealth Pistol, and added other upgrades to my shotgun and rifle and assault rifle.

That might be because I've got a small focus on the weapon loadout as a regular player in the past, knowing what to look for etc.

Ash

Arcane
No definitive guide unfortunately. I didn't log a lot of things, because there was no justification in doing so e.g for plenty very minor very sensible things. You can find a number of the major changes on the website though.

Glad you're enjoying it as every codexer barring one tool has before you (that one tool who spectacularly missed the point and jumped to conclusions after 5 mins on the first level, and mistook Shifter decline design for vanilla and so on). Feel free ask further questions and post any stories of your inclined adventures as JC denton.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Playing this right now and god fucking damnit i am having so much fun with it!

It really is a magnificent mod and a big improvement on a game i already regarded as near perfect. It is indeed giving me Deus Ex:neveraskedforthis:

Anyways guys, i have a question regarding the laserpointer. If i remember correctly it gave you 100% accuracy on vanilla making it the most overpowered weaponmod by far, unless you added a scope to the same weapon causing the thing to bug up and do nothing at all. Is this changed with the mod? If yes, how exactly?

RoSoDude

Arcane
Anyways guys, i have a question regarding the laserpointer. If i remember correctly it gave you 100% accuracy on vanilla making it the most overpowered weaponmod by far, unless you added a scope to the same weapon causing the thing to bug up and do nothing at all. Is this changed with the mod? If yes, how exactly?
It still gives you 100% accuracy in GMDX, but there is one major difference, which is that activating the laser turns off your reticule. This means that you have to entirely rely on the laser to center your aim, and you also lack the closing reticule to confirm whether you're on target. Also, GMDX fixes the vanilla bug where the laser sight would do nothing if you had a scope attached, and the first laser mod in Liberty Island is removed on the Hardcore difficulty.

Ash

Arcane
Codex is validation of all my hard work. 111 pages of praise (except that one guy) on the most hard to please prestigious board around *wipes tear*

Thanks for having standards and seeking/recognising good design!

Doktor Best

Arcane
Codex is validation of all my hard work. 111 pages of praise (except that one guy) on the most hard to please prestigious board around *wipes tear*

Thanks for having standards and seeking/recognising good design!

And thank you, my friend, for this awesome mod! :salute:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Thanks for all the great work. Ash
I've been following the project for a while even before I came on this site back in v8, and you really didn't let up or disappoint with v9. :salute:
What's next for the project, if it will even continue since it's essentially perfect by now?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is there a v.10 in the works anytime soon, or should I just go ahead and play the game again with v.9?

This really looks like a substantial great mod. Can't wait to try it! Haven't played Deus Ex in like forever.
And Human Revolution and Mankind Divided left alot to be desired.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Getting Paul Denton out of the hotel alive is actually a challenge now. No more hiding in the closet until Paul does everyone in with his invincibility:lol:

Is there a v.10 in the works anytime soon, or should I just go ahead and play the game again with v.9?

This really looks like a substantial great mod. Can't wait to try it! Haven't played Deus Ex in like forever.
And Human Revolution and Mankind Divided left alot to be desired.

Ash

Arcane
Thanks for all the great work. Ash
I've been following the project for a while even before I came on this site back in v8, and you really didn't let up or disappoint with v9. :salute:
What's next for the project, if it will even continue since it's essentially perfect by now?

RoSoDude Is making an add-on that is basically continuing my work, fixing up some remaining bugs, addressing some things discussed during the beta which I never got around to, and adding his own (good) ideas. I'm considering making it official because I trust his design judgement for the most part and he is a :obviously: bro. e.g see: Link to post for an idea of his design sense in relation to the type of game Deus Ex is. He's not doing or intending to do a great deal from what I understand, it would be comparable to a sub-version increment e.g v9.0.2 to v9.0.3. But it'd be enough to achieve a state the perfectionist in me is happy with.

His work will need testing when the time comes, if people want in on that.

Other than that nothing is going on.

Ash

Arcane
Yes. You lose nothing from the vanilla soundtrack, only gain new tracks. It's just an optional add-on because music taste is rather subjective, and it's music originally from another mod/TC. Very fitting and enjoyable though in my opinion, and adds nice variety.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom