Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm constantly wondering where is the FBI while watching Far Cry 5 media. Hard time believing they would just let that cult just run free.
Trump's FBI and Greg 'bodyslam reporters' Gianforte's Montana -- still hard to believe?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On the bright side: they kinda brought back the buddy system from Far Cry 2.
On the other side: those guns for hire dudes can't die, wot.

Ash

Arcane
It's probably easy as fuck as with most Ubisoft games but it's probably not full health regen and is instead like Far Cry 3 and 4 were with some health being regenerated but not all.

In addition to partial regen health there's infinite portable healing (treating your wounds). It's decline, but still probably better than five seconds bloody screen regen as it's manually activated, not always possible to do etc (such as while being grabbed or falling).

Ash

Arcane
Up to two with the inevitable perk you get.

Anyway, this shitty buddy system looks like god mode characters running around massacring and stealing any potential fun you may or may not get out of the game. The animal companion system in Primal was already retarded enough as it was.

Last edited:

A user named cat

So it's the exact same game as FC 3, 4, Blood Dragon and Primal except in a different setting again? So lazy and banal. I wonder if the AI still act like morons yet can pistol snipe you through a steel wall from 2 miles away while hidden. Gameplay vids looked so boring I couldn't even bother checking.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Also, Zombie, Vietnam and Mars(?!) DLC:

jpg

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is this the standard strategy for AAA popamole games now? First insinuate the game is all serious and relevant to "current times" and then go all wacky, retro pulp with the DLC? Turdfenstein II did something like that too.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
...when the DLCs actually sound more interesting than the main game
DLCs are generally made when developers are done with the final product and it's gone gold, so if I had to guess they just went all out with the spare resources they had and did what they felt like a la Blood Dragon as normie here said instead of doing what the higher ups told them to during the main game. Regardless this game seems like it's just boring leftist propaganda like Watch Dogs 2 was.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Blood Dragon was so shit. I could play it on the highest difficulty with my eyes closed if the audio wasn't so damn quiet. The visual gag with the Statue of Liberty was funny but then nothing else was. For ~$15 without insurance I could've bought 4 Ambiens instead and had a much more effective sleep aid for the one night it took to play through.

Ash

Arcane
"Lets make a tribute to the old school guys"
"lets even mock modern design conventions like excessive hand-holding!"

And as it turns out, in the end gameplay-wise it's still just another ubisoft game and nothing remotely old school. Only exception being fast run speed and jump height I guess.
Some fucked up double standards and sad hypocrisy to tribute old school action movies and parody the decline, yet actually ignore old school action game design entirely and instead feature modern popamole.
Goddamn modern industry.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So it's the exact same game as FC 3, 4, Blood Dragon and Primal except in a different setting again? So lazy and banal.
Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon are shit, Far Cry 4 is mediocre and Primal is the most interesting of them all. Far Cry 3 is all that I hate on AAA games, empty open worlds and scripting everywhere, Blood Dragon is style over substance all the way. Far Cry 4 is much better than 3 and isn't so keen on scripting scenes everywhere but still shares alot of the flaws.

Far Cry Primal is the most interesting, you aren't the king of the food chain here on the last survival mode patch, the only one that I truly had fun from start to end. Far Cry 5 seems like a hybrid of Ghost Recon Wildlands and Far Cry 4 with a random "Oh, Rednecks are weird aren't they?" kinda of humor, in comparison with Nepal and cave man world, Montana seems pretty boring.

Martius

Liturgist
I dont think Blood Dragon was supposed to be anything like old shooters. Its more or less shorter version of Far Cry 3. I would say its some kind of improvement since 3 is overall to long with lots of typical of Ubisoft crappy side content.

Ash

Arcane
So it's the exact same game as FC 3, 4, Blood Dragon and Primal except in a different setting again? So lazy and banal.
Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon are shit, Far Cry 4 is mediocre and Primal is the most interesting of them all. Far Cry 3 is all that I hate on AAA games, empty open worlds and scripting everywhere, Blood Dragon is style over substance all the way. Far Cry 4 is much better than 3 and isn't so keen on scripting scenes everywhere but still shares alot of the flaws.

Far Cry Primal is the most interesting, you aren't the king of the food chain here on the last survival mode patch, the only one that I truly had fun from start to end. Far Cry 5 seems like a hybrid of Ghost Recon Wildlands and Far Cry 4 with a random "Oh, Rednecks are weird aren't they?" kinda of humor, in comparison with Nepal and cave man world, Montana seems pretty boring.

Primal was good? Did we experience the same game, the one with shit such as infinite remote super owl popamole stealth attacks? It had some minor incline such as some caves that actually required half a brain to navigate and conquer, but other than that it was Far Cry and all the shit that entails where they replaced weapon diversity and customisation with boring OP cooldown AI companions (such as the remote owl stealth kills of doom, or sabretooth tigers that is just automated rape).

I never heard of the survival patch though, maybe that made a big difference.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom