Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Arcturus - The curse and loss of divinity = Ongoing translation

Jinn

Arcane
Still one final micro issue that'll be solved tomorrow evening and I'm giving the prologue a green light!
As long as you don't mind borked english and placeholder graphics, you just might enjoy yourselves :shittydog:

So this means that it'll just be the Prologue that will be in English? If so, will you be able to install subsequent patches with the same save game?

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The patch itself is quite small in size (roughly a thousand files though) and updating it won't break your saves.
Everything is translated, but I've only finished checking the prologue - the rest is still a bit raw and probably buggy!

Last edited:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
And here we go!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/49k1ndab3no76dc/Arc011217.rar (pass: Codex2017)
Just unzip everything in the install folder (overwriting ArcExe.exe) and you're good to go. Everything in the prologue should work, except for these:
-Worldmap placeholder text - you'll see what I mean :oops:
-I've replayed the opening just after uploading the patch and I've already seen some mistakes I missed the first time (symbolizing, not symbolising, you fool :argh:)
-Character names in the menu are placeholders too
-Books and other documents are still in japanese for some reason
-Lines end abruptly. That's an edition problem I'll deal with once everything else is done

Everything from Act 1 to the Ending IS translated and in the patch, but you can expect some bugs, nonsense and crashes.

If you encounter crashes or game-breaking bugs, do tell me!

Jinn

Arcane
Was having a nice time getting into this, then experienced a horrible bug in the port city where every building you enter, the screen turns completely white. You can still "move" around, but you can't see anything.

Seems like a really unique game that I can't wait to get into properly, but I might have to wait a little while for some of the bugs to be sorted and the translation to be edited a little further. Thanks again for all your work, Helly. Can't wait to see this project continue.

Unless of course the bug is a problem with the game itself and not the translation patch, in which case I am fucked.

Last edited:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Was having a nice time getting into this, then experienced a horrible bug in the port city where every building you enter, the screen turns completely white. You can still "move" around, but you can't see anything.

Seems like a really unique game that I can't wait to get into properly, but I might have to wait a little while for some of the bugs to be sorted and the translation to be edited a little further. Thanks again for all your work, Helly. Can't wait to see this project continue.

Unless of course the bug is a problem with the game itself and not the translation patch, in which case I am fucked.
Wait, which port is it? Answers? Tynie?

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Wait, which port is it? Answers? Tynie?

Yeah, Tynie.
Well, I replayed the act from a previous savepoint and didn't have any white screens... (but I did find several mistakes I thought I had corrected :-/)
Did you have any error message or anything? Or did you do anything special in particular before?
Also, what do you use to play the game? I launch it with D3DWindower.
EDIT: Well, now I have them too after starting a new game. What the heck :-/ It's gone after saving and reloading, though...

EDIT2: Alright, I've done more testing: you'll have to do at least one Save & Reload in Ragnie (the first town) before leaving and it should be enough to prevent the game from crashing indoors later. I'll look for an explanation if it happens again later on.

EDIT3:Also, here's an updated version of the patch:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/upnt20oh06igl39/Arc021217.rar

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Helly, I finally had some time to play back up to where I was again. Looks like the bug is fixed! I can see now when I enter buildings in Tynie.

I will however continue waiting until the translation is a little closer to being finished. This doesn't seem like the type of game I would replay much, so I figure it should be in the best state for my playthrough.

LuxEtUmbra

Barely Literate
Having interest for some years in this game, and now I can finally play it. First, I want to thank you Helly for your efforts on translating it.
If you want some help with the playtesting, I can help. Played a little using the "Arc021217.rar" patch. So far, only one crash at Ragnie's Inn, speaking with Hans, after collecting all the money to Sizz's father. He speaks about the man that first entered Sizz father's shop and the game crashes. Changing to japanese passes the dialogue.

19f1N3U.png

After this dialogue, Sizz says Thanks Hans and the game crashes.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Updated the OP with the latest patch. The game can now most definitely be fully completed and almost all features are available (everything but in-game books, basically) :salute:
Next on the agenda, enhancement of some of the writing!

Cromwell

Arcane
I always get "please configurate the game before starting", but I already did that. How tostart this game?

edit:
dont know what the problem was but it works now. That fucking windows border is infuriating.

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
Tried it a bit now but I find it, eh not unplayable but a hassle to play. The colours (elluard in white with his blond hair especially) make my eyes hurt. when I play with the frame thing in the options I get way to fast outside of combat, aside from leaving areas and entering new ones where I get slowed down a lot. Combat itself is very slow and laggy (dont know how to describe it better) where even the mouse moves slow.

deama

Prophet
Tried it a bit now but I find it, eh not unplayable but a hassle to play. The colours (elluard in white with his blond hair especially) make my eyes hurt. when I play with the frame thing in the options I get way to fast outside of combat, aside from leaving areas and entering new ones where I get slowed down a lot. Combat itself is very slow and laggy (dont know how to describe it better) where even the mouse moves slow.
You tried putting the frame thing to auto?

Cromwell

Arcane

yeah that nakes the combat unbearably slow. it was auto by default, then I tried to play around with it a bit, and while it made the combat bearable it pretty much killed the rest of the game since I get fast as fuck while being outside and slow as all hell (for a little while) when changing scenes like leaving a house or an area. Maybe its something with my computer I dont know but like it is it annoys me too much.

deama

Prophet

yeah that nakes the combat unbearably slow. it was auto by default, then I tried to play around with it a bit, and while it made the combat bearable it pretty much killed the rest of the game since I get fast as fuck while being outside and slow as all hell (for a little while) when changing scenes like leaving a house or an area. Maybe its something with my computer I dont know but like it is it annoys me too much.
They way I do it is I put it on auto and use cheat engine to adjust the speed. 2x works fine in general(and combat) apart from platforming sections, then I just lower it to 1x or 1.5x.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom