Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Blizzard game poll

RPM Racing - 1991

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unwanted

logan

Unwanted
whats the best blizzard game ?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
A mix between StarCraft and Diablo 2 and 1 for me. Absolutely brilliant timeless games, which EVERY game of that genre is STILL based on.

Blizzard basically wrote the manual to great gameplay in every genre so far.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Why allow multiple votes for this?

And why is Castles on the list? I love Castles but it isn't a Blizzard game afaik.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Warcraft 3. One of the best SP campaigns (can't decide if I enjoyed RoC or TFT more), one of the best map editors that prolonged the game's longevity by over a decade, and fun multiplayer.

Unwanted

logan

Unwanted
here two canceled blizzard games:

Warcraft Adventures(point cick adventure):

Starcraft ghost(third person shooter):

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You mean like DOTA? Lol fuck off.

Best Blizzard game is Starcraft, if we go by all around best. Warcraft 3 had good gameplay, but shit story and writing. Diablo 2 is a close second to Starcraft, but i really didn't like the expansion. Diablo 1 was inferior to the sequel as far as online play went, but had the superior tone and atmosphere, all though Diablo 2 was still pretty good in those categories as well. Warcraft 2 had primitive RTS gameplay but was better than Warcraft 3 in every other respect (tone, design, characterization etc). Lastly, the decline of the company was well underway by the time WoW was pushed out of the door, but i still liked a lot of things about vanilla. I liked the class design, and the theory crafting and the logic behind how things worked was interesting and in line with what we expected of Blizzard back in those days. All of this was undermined with each of the expansions so basically vanilla WoW is the last "true" Blizzard game.

The end.

Of, i forgot they made games before Warcraft 2. To be honest i barely remember those so i'll let somebody else opine on that part of the company's history.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
You mean like DOTA? Lol fuck off.

Nah I never played DOTA. Warlock brawl, Uther party, pimp my peon, TDs, empire builder, line tower wars, and whatever else I’m forgetting were fun.

Diablo 2 and everything that preceeded that was before my time and I never touched any of those so idk. Current Blizzard is dogshit though and they’re doing a good job of making me hate video games.

Unwanted

logan

Unwanted
Why allow multiple votes for this?

And why is Castles on the list? I love Castles but it isn't a Blizzard game afaik.

Looks like the amiga version of castles and some of other games from the same period was developed by Silicon and Synapse which was the older blizzard.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Blizzard decline is probably the most depressing gaming industry event of the past decade.

iterator

Barely Literate
They are all bad, the comic graphics together with the the low polygon meshes on models just instantly turn me off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom