Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

vonAchdorf

Arcane
And here is a new game by Limbic Entertainment (Might & Magic Heroes 6, MMXL), multiplayer survival shooter set in Mars published by 505 Games:

Do they have enough resources to work on Tropico 6 and a multiplayer survival shooter? They kinda struggled with MM /HoMM and had Ubisoft studios available for some of the grunt work.

Don Peste

Arcane

2269, in the fictional country of Straightland the state was seized by gays and lesbians. The new government established strict regulations and laws - all straight people were sent to special prisons called GAYLAG, they were re-educated, squats on a bottle and made LGBT warriors from them. Also, special squads were formed to capture straights - Gaypolice, consisting of hot, big guys. But the straight decided not to leave it and went to the insurrection.
Who will you be in this war for? It's your choose.
Features:
-Two modes - one for the officer Gaypolice, in which you need to arrest all the straight people, and the second campaign for the straight, which got to GAYLAG, in this mode you need to click on the character to squat on the bottle.
-You will be able to visit a fictional country
-You will be able to arrest a straight on a bottle or squat on a bottle for a straight
-Several genres in one game
-Simple and fun gameplay
-Good soundtrack
-Steam Achievements
:russiastronk:

Modron

Arcane
Not much released recently but still I thought this game might resonate with a few of you guys

ss_e3e4c01d24a01e5fc4f3ab9cc3d24a50b4166738.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Citystate, "a city-builder and a political sandbox in which you plan, build and rule a micro nation from scratch":

ss_7a3bebf7a57bfb172fdeb3290938d1a0b18d27ca.600x338.jpg

ss_5364c797b4abe10d2cf3494f67ddeaa2195ee97c.600x338.jpg

Citystate is a city-builder and a political sandbox in which you plan, build and rule a micro nation from scratch. A simulator made to challenge your political views and your governing skills no matter where you are on the political spectrum.

Every decision has multiple impacts on multiple time scales, your State will progressively change according to your choices and skills. In Citystate there is no rule, no limit, no mandatory first steps, no tech tree, not any boundary to the core gameplay. Only the most pragmatic but complex economic simulator to experiment with and in complete freedom.

A highly realistic economy:
- Supply and demand mechanisms.
- Balance of trade, resource exploitation, imports/exports.
- Stock market and bonds.
- Social classes, simulated demographics.

A politicized governing system:
- 40 political issues, 160 options to choose from.
- Border control and immigration.
- 25 forms of government, from communist dictatorship to libertarian anarchy.
- Violent riots, slums and urban decay.

Essential city building features:
- Realistic urban growth patterns.
- Land value based dynamics.
- 80+ types of buildings and 4 unlockable Arcologies.

A fully customizable map:
- A map creator at start.
- 6 biomes.
- 4 mineable ressources.
- Agriculture.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Cheapest it's been on Steam.

You forgot that Tyranny is also the cheapest it's been too,66% off,oh and it's also on a GOG sale at the same time for those who don't like Steam

Is Tyranny worth it? I've heard its super short and apparently objectively worse than PoE (which I didn't really like too much, mostly due to the story).

I don't know,I just bought its Conqueror Bundle which includes the dlc so we'll see

Vorark

Erudite
Is Tyranny worth it? I've heard its super short and apparently objectively worse than PoE (which I didn't really like too much, mostly due to the story).

If it's the story you disliked in PoE, then you'll probably enjoy Tyranny. Just don't expect New Vegas levels of faction feud.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Look who's back

At least it have better fate than sequel (Pirates of Carribean from 2003, published by Bethesda, IP owned by Disney, what a clustefuk).

Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls? Is it the same game? Which is best?
Which one? Any Dark Souls beside first one have issues but Prepare to Die Edition is no longer on promos.

Get Dagon Dogma, better content and it forgive more even on Normal dificulty.
I fought if weight limit a lot, so prepare yourself.

Last edited:
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I like Dragon's Dogma and don't like Dark Souls. Chris Pruett effectively explains the problem with DS in this article. Dogma is a more straightforward "fight stuff, learn moves, get better, level up" kind of game.

I like both quite a bit, but don't think they are really directly comparable in that they are scratching different itches. I think this assessment of Dragon's Dogma is fairly accurate. I would add that the Pawn system isn't as revolutionary as the game wants us to think, but it does give combat a more super smash bros kind feel that is not super common in single player action rpgs. Also I found the open world exploration surprisingly fun despite or because of the fact that that the world is relatively small.

I literally could not understand where the guy in the Dark Souls article was coming from however. Nothing in his experience tracked with mine in Dark Souls. I think he may have been overthinking it and getting neurotic about whether he was making the right choices regarding builds etc. (there's really no decisions you can make that will permanently ruin your character except putting all your points in resistance).

Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls? Is it the same game? Which is best?

TL;DR Dragons Dogma is a safer bet because some people hate Dark Souls, but Dark Souls has a higher risk/reward ratio because those who like dark souls think its the best game ever made.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom