Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hines

Savant
Jesus Christ, checking other boards it's apparent people really have it out for this game. Trying to paint Daniel Vávra as a white supremacist who dabbles in game design is fucking ridiculous.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Talking about RDR I've still not even seen any gameplay video longer than a few dozen seconds. Still no idea what kind of game it is, fundamentally. I suppose it's like go to X, watch a cutscene, shoot a few guys, rinse and repeat? Or is it about conquering the map full of collectibles ála Ubisoft? Kindda fun but ultimately simple and shallow entertainment?

Yeah those two games are completely different animals.

RDR1 was basically GTA western, but less varied than GTA5, most missions were about shooting bunch of guys and watching linear cutscenes. Still a great game for its world and atmosphere though. I expect RDR2 to be the same thing with nicer graphics for the most part. It is better than Ubisoft collecthathons, but nowhere near actual RPG like New Vegas or hopefully KCD.

Hines

Savant
Some examples please, curious on what they are saying.
Shouldn't be surprised given the site, but here's the first exchange in a thread about the recent gameplay video, which highlighted the systems and provided an overview of the game, without ever mentioning specific members of the team.

Isn't this the game with the white supremacist developer?

Yes, thats why out of principle and being a POC, Im not buying.

Thanks for clarifying. Yep, I'm not buying either.

It might not be the place to discuss it, but I'm surprised by the amount of people here outright denying that the head of the studio is a white supremacist. The dude is a mass of signal boosts and dog whistles for alt-right movements.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ki...-minds-blades-schnapps-16-min-gameplay.18568/

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, I don't think anyone of them buy games anyways, so no loss. From reddit at least the latest video seem to have gotten a very good reception. I really hope it sells well.

SlamDunk

Arcane
From the comments of the latest gameplay video:

Jonnathan Webber said:
Will this game have Denuvo? I'm afraid of the performance impact
Warhorse Studios said:
No Denuvo!

The idea for Savior Schnapps came from the community.

Warhorse said:
Actually, the idea came directly from the community, and we thought it was very good, so we made it. "You should save every time you drink a beer. Because you would only drink if you are in a save environment." And we made it schnapps and used it against save spamming. It can have very positive aspects to work very closely together with the community!

Last edited:

ZoddGuts

Augur
If game turns out good, will buy full price. As for if the game will sell well or not, all it takes is for one popular Twitch streamer to play the game and have fun playing it, the audience will respond by buying it. Warhorse should pay off a popular streamer to play their game for a few days.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If game turns out good, will buy full price. As for if the game will sell well or not, all it takes is for one popular Twitch streamer to play the game and have fun playing it, the audience will respond by buying it. Warhorse should pay off a popular streamer to play their game for a few days.

Isn't that standard procedure nowadays anyway?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Isn't ResetEra the new NeoGaf? And you're surprised they don't like KCD?

(also it's only a few posts in a whole thread of other opinions)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
None of the comments at the major hubs - reddit, Steam, Youtube, the KCD forum, mainstream "jouno" outlets - talk about Vavra and Burzum at all. Now and then there's a lone comment like "Nazi gaem!" but nobody seems to pay it any attention.

Hines

Savant
Isn't ResetEra the new NeoGaf? And you're surprised they don't like KCD?

(also it's only a few posts in a whole thread of other opinions)
That's just one recent example from the site. If you check the thread, you see multiple links to a gigantic thread that exclusively talks about whether it's ethical to support the game.

I'm surprised this game's on the receiving end of such hyperbolic complaints, especially when you see the links people are trying to draw. A developer wearing a t-shirt, listening to historians, I could go on.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Why exactly is this a nazi game?

Because of this
Based+vavra+_f5aa5c800541c0060862c3666aa37edb.jpg

You have to understand that the left have no sense of humour. They take everything seriously.This is what victim complex made them -a paranoid mess that see victimization in every facet of life.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This sounds like Tumblr dot com.

Not really, most people trying to stir up shit in the latest trailer thread are sent to the proper thread and even there only a relative handful of people proclaim they'll never buy the game. As if they genuinely intended it in the first place.

Rev

Arcane
You have to understand that the left have no sense of humour.
It's not "the left", it's idiotic SJWs. Of course, NeoGAF and I guess now ResetERA is filled with those retards, so no surprise they don't like Vavra or his game that much in that shithole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom