Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Not at release, but perhaps at a later time. Warhorse has been in talks with the GoG.
That sounds pretty strange,after all both firms are Slavs.

Paul_cz

Arcane
That sounds pretty strange,after all both firms are Slavs.
I don't think business decisions get made according to ethnic lines.

The game uses Steamworks feature set, so GOG version might be released later like Techland did with Dying Light, which also originally released with Steamworks.

Sentinel

Arcane
but the steam version doesn't have any DRM either according to the devs. So, theoretically, releasing it on GOG shouldn't really be such an extra hurdle.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't think business decisions get made according to ethnic lines.

The game uses Steamworks feature set, so GOG version might be released later like Techland did with Dying Light, which also originally released with Steamworks.
Ethnicity always matter,most people would prefer to work with their own people. I am not saying that they would throw away any lucrative deal in the name of ethnicity,just pointing out that helps. Also there is no reason not to release on both platforms. Maybe there is some deal with steam.

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted
Even if I have to spend 2 hours learning how the combat mechanics work

WAT.jpg

Enemy has his sword up, you block up, lower left, you block lower left.

There are 6 sides you can aim, left, right, lower left, lower right, up, down.

That is all...... it won't even take 1 minute to learn the combat, the only thing there is to 'master' is the correct timing of pressing the button to block and parry and getting your block correct with where the enemy is aiming.

Sentinel

Arcane
WAT.jpg

Enemy has his sword up, you block up, lower left, you block lower left.

There are 6 sides you can aim, left, right, lower left, lower right, up, down.

That is all...... it won't even take 1 minute to learn the combat, the only thing there is to 'master' is the correct timing of pressing the button to block and parry.
any combat system can be resumed in such short simple sentences
getting the hang of it is another matter.

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted
getting the hang of it is another matter.

That's why i'm not a fan of action combat in a rpg game..... give me turn based combat anyday over button mashing or even RTWP.
The ideal for me would be if the camera would go into isometric mode during combat and turn based baby!
It's like the devs of today are re-inventing the wheel and didn't get yet to the age of proper RPGs, or had memory wipe and forgot about all the 90's RPGs.

Sentinel

Arcane
turn based combat is also button mashing tho
except you only mash 1 button - spacebar to skip all the annoying animations

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted
turn based combat is also button mashing tho
except you only mash 1 button - spacebar to skip all the annoying animations

now now, i'm pretty sure you know what i'm talking about, turn based combat is governed by rules of the game (dice roll,stats) and not by player skill of how precisely you will press the button on your controller (stats work here also, but priority takes how precisely and in the correct moment you press the button)

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted
Whoever is voting retarded......

maxresdefault.jpg

see the star in the center? Those are the sides you can only attack (and block enemy attacks)

The combat is not anything special in this game...... It's an action game combat spiced by RPG stats of weapons and armor.

It should be better than Twitcher 3 combat, which was non existant, but it's not nowhere near Dark Souls combat.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
people aren't calling you retarded for saying how the combat works people are calling you retarded for saying that you will be able to master it in a minute. the fact that this needs to be explained to you just proves you are retarded.

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted
people aren't calling you retarded for saying how the combat works people are calling you retarded for saying that you will be able to master it in a minute. the fact that this needs to be explained to you just proves you are retarded.

Reading check fail.

I've said you will LEARN IT under a minute, NOT master it, there is a difference in those two.

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted
And? you can pick up a character action game like Bayonetta and "learn" the combat in a minute

again reading check fail,

i quoted someone who said that he 'will spend 2 hours learning the combat' and explained him why it won't even take 1 minute to learn the combat.

Why i'm even explaining this?

Paul_cz

Arcane
again reading check fail,

i quoted someone who said that he 'will spend 2 hours learning the combat' and explained him why it won't even take 1 minute to learn the combat.

Why i'm even explaining this?
You are a fucking moron who needs to stop taking things literally. I was being facetious, which you would understand if you weren't such a moron. OF COURSE I don't expect to have to spend 2 hours to learn the combat mechanics. Jesus.

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted
You are a fucking moron who needs to stop taking things literally. I was being facetious, which you would understand if you weren't such a moron. OF COURSE I don't expect to have to spend 2 hours to learn the combat mechanics. Jesus.

That was a great comprehensive look. Fuck, for someone like me who considers open world RPGs like New Vegas the best genre, this is dream come true. Even if I have to spend 2 hours learning how the combat mechanics work.

Anyone who can deduct from this post that this is facetious and -NOT- serious should work at CIA and have the highest wage, especialy that first part of your post IS serious -great comprehensive look- which everyone also thought that this is the case, no one would EVER think that rest of your post is facetious by that simple sentece just by reading this statement.

the -EVEN IF- at the start of the sentence IMPLIES you are serious and not facetious.

Unless you are just making shit up now as you go along to 'fit in' with the rest of the cool kids who are voting my posts retarded.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Anyone who can deduct from this post that this is facetious and -NOT- serious should work at CIA and have the highest wage, especialy that first part of your post IS serious -great comprehensive look- which everyone also thought that this is the case, no one would EVER think that rest of your post is facetious by that simple sentece just by reading this statement.

Unless you are just making shit up now as you go along to 'fit in' with the rest of the cool kids who are voting my posts retarded.

Welcome to codex, the den of autists who will greet you by calling you moron. After the courtesy introduction which was mostly a product of misunderstanding or a result of some "well hidden" and "smug irony" as the autist would like to believe, you will get along just fine. Just have to be crystal clear in what you have in mind and the autists won't harass you:shitandpiss:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I find it pretty easy to learn,had to die a few times to some dude,after that i killed like 6-7 dudes without dying. It is not that hard,thou it need a little bit of strategy and positioning. I found out that from lower right followed with a left is a pretty good combo. The trick is to not spam attacks unless you have the enemy in stunloacked position. It is game of patience and smart attacks,spamming kills you.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not at release, but perhaps at a later time. Warhorse has been in talks with the GoG.

Meh, they've been talking about talking with GoG for years and still no definitive answer. I highly doubt it'll happen this year, if ever. Maybe Deep Silver stopped the deal, big publishers hate GoG, there are only a handful of new A+ games being released on GoG.

Personally I don't give a damn, as a lifelong backer (it feels that way) I got a Steam key for free so that greedy fat fuck doesn't get a single dorra from me.

Paul_cz

Arcane

the -EVEN IF- at the start of the sentence IMPLIES you are serious and not facetious.

It's not rocket science. Seriously. I am not gonna put up /s behind every facetious post I do because of you. Anyway, we agree that the combat is probably going to be easy to learn, harder to master, yes?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom