Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Game will probably pause mid gameplay for tips
Already does that in the first 1hr video.

have QTEs,
Ithas them during persuasion in conversations

an arrow pointing to where you need to go,
Quest compass

and worst of all, non interactable apples.
I finally got the irony here.

I've been wondering while watching the gameplay video, what was the average age in 15th c. Bohemia, when boys would be married? I would expect around 16, and Henry and his buddies seemed maybe 18-20?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Game will probably pause mid gameplay for tips
Already does that in the first 1hr video.

have QTEs,
Ithas them during persuasion in conversations

an arrow pointing to where you need to go,
Quest compass

and worst of all, non interactable apples.
I finally got the irony here.

I've been wondering while watching the gameplay video, what was the average age in 15th c. Bohemia, when boys would be married? I would expect around 16, and Henry and his buddies seemed maybe 18-20?

It was 15 or less for nobles with mother of Henry the VII bearing him in tender age of 12; on the other hand commoners were expected to actually learn some useful trade so they married later around 17-20 years. Don't see how Henry parents would thrilled him courting ale wench btw the miller's daughter would be much more suitable for man of his position.

Ganimoth

Novice
I believe that is some press statement that was formely supposed to be sent out a day before the game release.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

It was 15 or less for nobles with mother of Henry the VII bearing him in tender age of 12; on the other hand commoners were expected to actually learn some useful trade so they married later around 17-20 years. Don't see how Henry parents would thrilled him courting ale wench btw the miller's daughter would be much more suitable for man of his position.
Mhm, makes sense for a craftsman's son. And the famers, I guess, would be married off younger, the sooner you have children, the sooner they'll be able to help on the field.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't like Theresa's model and Bianca's model seems kindda wooden and undercooked. I'll let both of them wenches die.

I fancy the lady from the castle. She must be itching for some D with that 90 year old husband of hers something fierce.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

I think the reality was, if you were a nobleman you simply raped that country girl and usually got away with it.

I don't see how they didn't get away with it always. It's not like the peasants had (m)any rights and they were considered to be property of the nobles.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
There was something called the King's justice, you know. Peasants worked the lands but had to be treated decently by the nobles.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I mean the whole "our release version has to be finalized some time before..." bit only really applies to console decline. Also potentially a physical PC release, but I assume it will still just need Steam anyways like most physical releases these days...

Meh, physicals aren't necessarily a decline, they still make sense for people from third world countries like America with shitty connection.
Also, they're more old school and thus prestigious.
I always buy physical copies when there is one.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Physicals are inherently pretty shitty for actually playing games. Intrusive DRM like Securom during the mid 2000s, needing to have the DVD or CD inside the drive to play the game and having to track down no-CD cracks off of sketchy sites, disks obviously being pretty fragile, et cetera, et cetera. But I still loved them for the nostalgia. The box designs for many games were really pretty, the installation having those cool screenshots, the wait before booting up the game, it was all very cozy for some reason.

Mark Richard

Arcane

Only people who have never moved in their life yet buy physical copies. Trust me.
Unpacking the games is the best part of moving. Should they be alphabetised? What's the procedure if 'the' is the first word in the title? Sort by studio or genre? Only vertical stacking or a mix of vertical and horizontal stacking to save space? Which ones go up in the attic? We don't eat until this is done. :hahano:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With a day 1 patch that big, I'm almost certain the kickstarter dvd version isn't DRM free.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Only people who have never moved in their life yet buy physical copies. Trust me.
Unpacking the games is the best part of moving. Should they be alphabetised? What's the procedure if 'the' is the first word in the title? Sort by studio or genre? Only vertical stacking or a mix of vertical and horizontal stacking to save space? Which ones go up in the attic? We don't eat until this is done. :hahano:

I don't care about physical copies. Actually Gog is the best thing ever invented. They even patch the installer so you are done with one click

I understand the beauty of the physical copy, but to be honest the real beauty is supporting the developers by buying their games when worth it, not edging over a box

AwesomeButton

Patron

I think the reality was, if you were a nobleman you simply raped that country girl and usually got away with it.

I don't see how they didn't get away with it always. It's not like the peasants had (m)any rights and they were considered to be property of the nobles.
We seem to have feminists around here or what? Pas mal, pas mal... :) Peasants were not being raped left and right in the Middle ages, people.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's funny. I think the last physical game I bought was Wizards & Warriors, in like 2003. And that wasn't just some cheap lame ass plastic case, it was a full-on beautifully painted big box.

Today the only reason for me to buy physicals would be collector's editions, if I was impressed by art books and plastic action figurines that is.

harhar!

Augur
I just want to know how shit the combat is on this scale

dark messiah ---------- good --------- bad ----------- witcher 3 shit

>Dark Messiah
>better than good
I mean, yes, it was fun but it had all the depth of a wading pool, even with magic involved (this is mostly due to the AI, though, I think)

Kicking orcs off ledges though, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaah

Darkzone

Arcane
We seem to have feminists around here or what? Pas mal, pas mal... :) Peasants were not being raped left and right in the Middle ages, people.
Serfdom was not slavery and peasants had certain rights. But i don't know how much of it was coded and enforced in Regnum Bohemiae. Also if the same applies to Renum Bohemiae as to Regnum Poloniae then most of the peasants were free people enjoying their full rights in 1403 and could take an noble to the court for violation of their rights, like rape. Convicting of such a noble is an other thing. In Poland many times the serfs have taken up to the polish courts and have achieved victories for certain rights, like the right for not being executed by their Masters.

AwesomeButton

Patron
If a lord systematically terrorized his subjects, this would not have gone unrecorded - church documents, oral tradition, somewhere.

For a picture of what life was like during the Dark Ages, for a counterexample, see this (it's in English, don't worry):

Beowulf

Arcane
[...]We seem to have feminists around here or what? Pas mal, pas mal... :) Peasants were not being raped left and right in the Middle ages, people.

There is nothing more boner inducing, than some unwashed, sweaty, and probably stinking farmhand girl.
Those fancy ladies with their clean long hair and silk panties can hide in shame.

Ask any rape historian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom