Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Another bloodlines chat

Crazy_Vasey

Novice
20) *OMEGA-GOG-gs* do u believe vampires really exist?

:lol:

I don't get why people get so fussed about customising how their character looks when they're playing a first person perspective game either. What's the point?

Snuffles

Novice
You can't see your own face, but quite a lot of people care about how it looks.

Crazy_Vasey

Novice
But if you stink in real life no fucker will come near you. If you're dead ugly, you'll have problems as well. This is a frigging computer game. I doubt the NPCs analyse your facial structure to see if they think you're an ugly barsteward. That's what the charisma stat is there for anyway, surely? I can kindof understand it when you have to stare at your character's for the course of the game or in an online game but in a first person single player game? Eh. I can think of about a zillion different areas that are more important for the devs to work on (all of them).

Anonymous

33) *OMEGA-GOG-gs* where did u get inspiration 4 all the character types?

That one was just lovely.

I doubt the NPCs analyse your facial structure to see if they think you're an ugly barsteward.

They do if you are a Nosferatu.

Spazmo

Erudite
No--that's the point. They see if there's a line that reads "NOSFERATU = 1" in your character file and then check against your charisma score (or whatever equivalent Vampire has). Custom faces is just fluff, especially in a first person game.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
8)*Calypso13200-gs* what was ur main motivation in making this game?

leonX2 I thought it would help me score with goth chicks
The truth, revelead!

Mistress

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
No--that's the point. They see if there's a line that reads "NOSFERATU = 1" in your character file and then check against your charisma score (or whatever equivalent Vampire has). Custom faces is just fluff, especially in a first person game.

There is always the argument though that customising your character, however pointless, plays a part in immersion. Personally, I'm not too fussed...it is a bit pointless, and in a first person game I tend to just play as me I suppose...

Stark

Liturgist
actually if there's a 3rd person mode I'll switch to it. first person camera mode makes me giddy after awhile.

still, I'll be seeing the BACK of my head in 3rd person mode so it doesn't matter either.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Stark said:
actually if there's a 3rd person mode I'll switch to it.
From a preview in a magazine I learned that there was a 3rd person mode. Funny, but I kinda missed that while reading all the net previews.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom