Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Russian haxx again

Russians find a way to make combat good without the lock on and no modding involved...... truly russians are most innovative of people

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Probably my GOTY. The story delivery is fantastic, the combat is tough but fair. Thugs are easy to dispatch but knights are hard. As a criticism, there are events which are too hard scripted like
when you lose the sword
. Did anyone manage to defeat the Runt there or is it really impossible?

Codex Year of the Donut
Probably my GOTY. The story delivery is fantastic, the combat is tough but fair. Thugs are easy to dispatch but knights are hard. As a criticism, there are events which are too hard scripted like
when you lose the sword
I tried to block his first blow and it knocked me out instantly

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
when you lose the sword
I'm 99% sure it's not intended that you win that fight. I'd question why the writing has to resort to this method of moving the plot forward, but that's the way it is. I'm sure we'll soon have videos where someone manages to win the fight with some exploit.

I kind of knew I'm playing with fake choices here the moment when I started hitting Zbyshek with the sword and he survived 3-4 swings instead of dying and ran away like nothing had happened.

I have a very modest computer - i5 3570k running at 4.2ghz, a GTX 1070 and 8GB RAM. I didn't get a single freeze in about 3 hours and the game runs between 45 and 60 fps all the time at 2560x1440. Pretty impressive.
This makes me think if I had a 10xx card I'd be able to safely play in 1440p as well. I have 8GB RAM and a better CPU.

Elex

Arbiter
Yea stats matter a lot I think. Say those 5 impossibru bandits you are given task to kill in ruins - I killed them recently and slept on their corpses. Shot one with a bow a few times, finished him and them used pernach to finish second one. Others were disoriented from all the improbable non euclidian bushes and bridges and died too. With my 8 STR, perk for +20% extra damage and perks like better blocking and reducing enemy stamina for attacking my shield, and 4 dots in Maces I club even armored foes relatively easy with all that stamina while wearing usually gambeson and some gloves boots and braces.

The trainer of Rattay still clubs me to oblivion even with heavy shield and armor while also breaking all my equipment to 0 with a wooden training stick.
syrio_forel_alt_art_web.jpg

Geckabor

Savant
I don't really need a "save and quit" option, but saving after completing a quest (you get a save when you start one) would be great.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Seems like some extra OC did help. Now at fairly stable 50 FPS with Very High all around, the most annoying thing, FPS drop outs seem to have vanished.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What activities would increase my speed stat? I don't think it's simply running sprinting around a la Morrowind.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I ended up getting it for my PS4 pro, couldnt resit all these positive codex impressions, and figured my main problem on the pc was the performance. Performance is much better this time around, mostly stable 30 fps, smooth gameplay instead of the jankyness that was the pirated version on my GTX 750ti.

Played through the night, and im at Rattay now, i think the combat and general gameplay is better on a controller, but i have to agree... its fucking impossible to lockpick on consoles, someone needs to rethink the system.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm 99% sure it's not intended that you win that fight. I'd question why the writing has to resort to this method of moving the plot forward, but that's the way it is. I'm sure we'll soon have videos where someone manages to win the fight with some exploit.

I've watched a streamer yesterday, his Runt got stuck in a terrain and the dude was smacking him over his bald head over and over again. Runt eventually freed himself though and killed the dude. I guess he is immortal then.

I don't like it btw. I've always thought the "you must lose this fight" mechanics is very dumb.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I've watched a streamer yesterday, his Runt got stuck in a terrain and the dude was smacking him over his bald head over and over again. Runt eventually freed himself though and killed the dude. I guess he is immortal then.

I don't like it btw. I've always thought the "you must lose this fight" mechanics is very dumb.

Would have been better if Runt just knocked you down in a cutscene.

The forced fight thing was annoying, especially as I was doing quite well against him. That is, until a kick connected and that was apparently enough to knock Henry down straight away.

Elex

Arbiter
About (Theresa's uncle) the miller's quest:
I figured that what he asked was out of the table for a God-fearing Christian living in the 1400s and refused his offer, but is it one of those quests that the game kinda wants you to do, and if you don't you lose much content and that kind of things?
what if you need to steal from hereticsand infidels?

Elex

Arbiter
About (Theresa's uncle) the miller's quest:
I figured that what he asked was out of the table for a God-fearing Christian living in the 1400s and refused his offer, but is it one of those quests that the game kinda wants you to do, and if you don't you lose much content and that kind of things?
Too early to say, but you will lose the chance to upgrade some of your skills. Which skills depends on how you will go about resolving the quest. After you finish the quest, Peshek will serve as your trainer in pickpocketing and lockpocking (which will gift you 5 lockpicks at least once, maybe more times), and will serve as a buyer for stolen objects.

There are other Miller's as well. I suspect you could get familiar with others, since Millers in general seem involved in shady affairs.
“The Millers” DLC when?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
How interesting. Turning both Texture and Object Quality from Very High to Ultra actually improved my FPS.

But now I've started to get these strange hang-ups where my CPU usage for no apparent reason peaks from the 50-90% across all cores to 100% for a moment and then back again. The hell is with that.

Parabalus

Arcane
Did anyone do the first quest for miller Simon where you

have to steal a brocade from the Sasau tailor? Can't seem to find it in the house, is it in one of the 4 VH chests in the back (marker/compass) implies it isn't)

Neuhof spoilers

I thought I was getting the hang of the combat, but these two thugs that Ginger asks me to kill are kicking my ass. Feels nearly impossible to take on multiple opponents at once.

You can come at night and both will be sleeping, stab them in their beds. :positive:
And then proceeded to loot the corpses myself.

Everything has consequences in this game.

As Radzig likes to say - You still have a lot to learn.

I killed and looted a bunch of people in Skalitz - had -75 rep with them. Considering events I thought it would be of no consequence but the villagers firend Fritz) refused to train me after the prologue. :incline:

Going up slowly though, at 11 now without me doing much.

Russian haxx again

I did that, but you can run up to the rocks to your immediate left so you have height advantage, makes it much easier. Perfect spot to practice combat since it's after an autosave and he drops 1k loot.
when you lose the sword

I tried a few times, but even when I landed several hits there was no blood, only sparks - likely means no damage penetrated armor. A bit sad, since killing that Cuman who you're supposed to run from made me think it's possible.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Fuck...i can't stop playing KCD. I started to enjoy the LARPing XD. The saving mod really helps, I dont know if I could play the game without it. I'm getting the hang of combat...It's kind of cool but I'm still not entirely sold on it. I find the control method a bit fucked up, the way you select the direction of your attacks with the mouse..it's clunky and a lot of times I accidentally select a wrong angle. It seems like it was orininally desinged to use with a gamepad. I think maybe it would help if there was a visible cursor "locked" in a small area that you would hover over these directional arrows and the one you're closest to would light up.
KCD has a lot of stuff that's not really to my liking but somehow im getting sucked into it XD

Kem0sabe

Arcane
the way you select the direction of your attacks with the mouse

I play the game with K&M and for fights I grab my controller. Try it, it's night and day. Combat is actually pretty fantastic with a controller, mouse doesn't work here.

Indeed, combat feels natural when im playing with ps4 controller, while it felt janky with the keyboard and mouse. Game has usability problems all around in terms of controls... lockpicking, pickpocketing, ridding horse, all feel awkward and detached from normal movement and gameplay.

AwesomeButton

Patron
How do you make such swipes where you start from the bottom left and then you hit from the top right, like the guy in the Cuman video?

Kuattro

Augur
I was looking for some nightingales like any innocent farmer when I came across the ruins from one of the ancient maps and I zeroed in like a fucking missile.

So there I was, looking around to see what goodies awaited me when suddenly, I see a hut, and then some bloke walking around.

"Whoops, is that a camp? I hope they're not bandits. But he looks well armed and all, so of course he is a fucking bandit.

Okay Henry, this is your chance to shine, get your bow out and kill and loot that fucker."

Of course it never crossed my mind that it was incredibly strange for a lonely bandit to be in a camp.

So I did shoot him, or rather, I tried, since I am as dreadful at aiming that fucking thing as one can be.

And just as I loosed that arrow, I saw the other bandit.

And then the other.

And then the other. And even the other.

"Okay, I'm fucked, but by God I will go out in glory."

Two of the fellas came at me, the one I tried to shoot, and another one with a kettle hat and a long sword. The rest apparently had better things to do.

What followed was what Benny Hill would have looked like if they had had a lot more sharp things lying around. Me retreating continuously without looking behind me ("if there's a cliff, I'm just falling down it and fuck it") and riposting like a mad man and stabbing them in the face while they tried to surround me and landed a couple of very painful hits.

Suddenly, a miracle happened and one of them dropped down and surrendered ("I would love to kill you you bastard, but these other gentleman might have something to say about it, so I will allow you to run"), so I only had the kettle hat guy to deal with. A couple of ripostes and stabs right to the head, and he was down, and I was the proud new owner of a kettle hat, a long sword, and a pretty good hauberk.

Turns out I'd managed without really meaning it to take down one of the bandit leaders who were terrorizing the countryside, and apparently that was enough for his other four companions to panic and start running all around the forest.

So there I was, the sun almost down, covered in blood both mine and the enemy's, stalking around the forest for an hour looking for these screaming, panicking bandits who run as soon as they saw me, having to attack them from behind and stab them until they stopped struggling. I felt just like Schwarzenegger at the end of Predator, only I was both of them at the same time. So I killed them all, I looted their corpses, I looted their camp, I ate their food and slept in their bed until morning.

And then I collected the three fucking birds I'd come to get in the first place and went back home knowing I'd done a good job.

:5/5::5/5:

This game is the fucking shit, and anyone who says the contrary is nothing but a dirty knave.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
The performance in this game is extremely strange. Surprised by FPS gains/stability from setting OBject/Texture to Ultra, I tried it with all settings and now it's near buttery smooth 60 everywhere else but villages where it's a stable (no framedrops) 35.

Only issue remain are those very strange sudden CPU usage spikes that freeze game on occassion for no apparent reason.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It’s now my third night in a row staying up past 6am to play KCD. By comparison, I embraced sleep after two straight all nighters worth of Elex, while for New Vegas I went a whole week getting no more than two or three hours of sleep a night.

It’s addictive and I continue to love every minute of it.

My one gripe is about the buried treasure. I dug up the treasure north of the town where Godwin lives and suddenly I’ve got plate on my chest, plate on my arms, plate on my legs and a fabulous vision restricting helmet. It almost feels like I’m cheating. Going from decent gear to excellent gear makes a huge difference. I ran into two well-equipped Cumans on the road at night and I just beat both their heads in with a warhammer. No kiting, no sneaking, no lucky arrow shots to the face. Without my new gear they would’ve killed me—or at least it would’ve been a very close run thing. With my plate, though, it was challenging, but ultimately their blades only shaved like 20% off my health.

Next stop, those four bandits Kuattro just messed with.

Edit: also, random merchants address me as “sir knight” when I’m in this stuff. Everyone is suddenly very deferential.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
The performance in this game is extremely strange. Surprised by FPS gains/stability from setting OBject/Texture to Ultra, I tried it with all settings and now it's near buttery smooth 60 everywhere else but villages where it's a stable (no framedrops) 35.

Only issue remain are those very strange sudden CPU usage spikes that freeze game on occassion for no apparent reason.
I guess particle effects detail, shader detail, and shadows will take care of the villages fps drops.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So has anyone left the main quests for too long and either failed them or experienced negative consequences for being late? I really want Henry to learn to read, but I’m not sure if I can afford to set aside a couple of days with the scribe while I chase Reeky.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom