Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Mark Richard

Arcane
Thank you for proving my point: Multiple games have done this before (but Double Dragon probably did it first) so it's laughable to see people post such images and watch them get traction.
Die Hard Arcade as well. Upon rescuing the daughter of the president, she casually mentions a job opening as her new bodyguard and makes the players fight for it, which doesn't seem that far-fetched in today's job market.

Murk

Arcane
I beat it twice in full and an extra three reload-for-other-ending (which doesn't count).

I'm almost there gentlemen.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Thank you for proving my point: Multiple games have done this before (but Double Dragon probably did it first) so it's laughable to see people post such images and watch them get traction.
Die Hard Arcade as well. Upon rescuing the daughter of the president, she casually mentions a job opening as her new bodyguard and makes the players fight for it, which doesn't seem that far-fetched in today's job market.

Streets of Rage 1 goes one step further: The bad guy asks if you want to join and you actually can do that, unlocking a 'bad' ending (duh). However, if the second player disagrees, you fight out and the survivor is asked again.

X-men vs Capcom 1 also does a similar thing: The final enemy after beating the final boss is your buddy who helped you during the whole game.

Then you can stretch it a little if you consider there are some jrpgs that have you fight your own party at some point, such as Breath of Fire IV.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Streets of Rage 1 goes one step further: The bad guy asks if you want to join and you actually can do that, unlocking a 'bad' ending (duh). However, if the second player disagrees, you fight out and the survivor is asked again.

X-men vs Capcom 1 also does a similar thing: The final enemy after beating the final boss is your buddy who helped you during the whole game.

Then you can stretch it a little if you consider there are some jrpgs that have you fight your own party at some point, such as Breath of Fire IV.
Does *being* the final boss count? 'Cause you could add Ps:T, then.

illuknisaa

Cipher

I'm pretty sure L4D also qualifies.

Magicka is also basically one big boss battle with your "friends".

Don Peste

Arcane
Eh, another 90's inspired indie shooter, announced with a cheesy, non-gameplay trailer:

"I'm all about BLOOD, NUKES, EarthQUAKEs... and B. F. G."

Hellbound is the latest PC title by Saibot Studios, the team behind popular horror series Doorways. Inspired by DOOM, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood and many other shooters of the past, the game experience is focused on shooting, explosions, blood and speed. You have never played something so GROTESQUE!

Players take control of Hellgore, a big-ass motherf*cker who kills demons in Hell. That’s it. Is there a story behind all this? Well… yes, there’s a story, but it's not that important! The real protagonists are the fast-paced action and the gory violence.

Hellbound will be available very soon in PC, first as a Survival Mode that will equip players with the heaviest fire guns of Hell to pit them against hordes of fearsome demons and other monstrous enemies. Closed beta registration is now open on the official Website.

Seems not related to the Doom wad of the same name.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Does *being* the final boss count? 'Cause you could add Ps:T, then.
That's essentially what happens in Breath Of Fire IV. You can side with the final boss, then you turn into the final boss and wipe the floor with your party members in the easiest battle in the game that (I think?) is impossible to lose.
edit: Not to oversell it or anything, but you turn into a giant dragon and fire a black hole at them from space and then go "im right about everything".

But this is all kinda stretching it, since the original post was about co-op games.

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
DWpSlUMXkAA-YQi.jpg

DWpSvUFX4AAScK9.jpg

DWpSu6XXUAEvgCa.jpg

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I though FF couldn't any more retarded by design...but this Half-Life shit has proved me wrong.

GG, Squi-nix.

Zep--

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Spotted in a "Let's Translate Video Game Titles Into Silly Languages"-thing on social media.

"FIFA = Corruption"

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not sure if this was uploaded before, worth watching again:

"Hey you know what would be cool to have in our historical game where we employed researchers to make it authentic? Add in a mode that lets players discover the real historical sights we implemented, that makes it useable for educational purposes. Pretty cool idea, huh? Oh, also let's completely sabotage this idea by censoring the statues that are nude, therefore actually reducing the game's value as an educational tool since it is now no longer as authentic. GREAT IDEA, HUH?"

PorkBarrellGuy

Not sure if this was uploaded before, worth watching again:

"Hey you know what would be cool to have in our historical game where we employed researchers to make it authentic? Add in a mode that lets players discover the real historical sights we implemented, that makes it useable for educational purposes. Pretty cool idea, huh? Oh, also let's completely sabotage this idea by censoring the statues that are nude, therefore actually reducing the game's value as an educational tool since it is now no longer as authentic. GREAT IDEA, HUH?"

The real hilarity about this kind of censorship is how it's yet another case of applying modern values and sensibilities to a completely different era that had significantly different sensibilities, particularly about nudity and the human body. The crapping-all-over-authenticity is just the tip of the iceberg - the continuing bowdlerization of history itself is far more concerning. Not that I would expect any better from Asscreed and Ubi.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom