Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Cromwell

Arcane
Alchemy recipe for respec potion

what? I cant imagine how retarded someone has to be to want a respecc potion in this game, you can be good at anything you want ( a fact I actually dont like), why would you respecc. How should that even work, you train swords, decide you dont like it and magically youre now good with maces without even using them before?

unwashed idiotic masses indeed.

imweasel

A respec potion in a game where you can be the master of everything?

YI8OQWP.jpg

Inziladun

Magister
So, as of now, how good is this game? Shite, decent, good, elex?
KCD is an enjoyable shit game that is worth playing. I emphasize "game" because it isn't very good RPG. I'd also wait a few months until is patched up nicely before buying it, because it has a lot of annoying quest bugs and other issues. Elex is also the better RPG IMO.

Well, we all figured out very early on this wasn't going to be an RPG. We got the guy who did Mafia and the guy who did Operation Flashpoint and from the start it was obvious story and simulation was their main focus, given that's all they talked about.

What. Almost everybody is bashing KCD for the bugs or because it's TOO MUCH an RPG and not enough an akshun adventure like Witcher 3.

This is the real deal. Imweasel is a goof.
Sorry, my bad. I completely forgot that the RPG Codex had declared "RPG" mechanics copied straight from Oblivion and Skyrim to be the REAL DEAL.

:codexisfor:

Really makes you appreciate the Codex.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
A respec potion in a game where you can be the master of everything?

YI8OQWP.jpg
It's probably mostly for the perks, some of which have either intended or unintended negative consequences (i.e. destroy enemy armor faster = all loot is 0 condition).

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Let's see what the REEEEtards have to say about this joyous occasion, the thread starts off well with people acting like human beings congratulating them and people saying they bought it or are gonna buy it, but sure enough it descends into pure idpol lunacy with crying trannies and lots of red text very soon: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ki...lion-copies-in-first-week-see-mod-edit.24879/
kingdomcomesalesmeltd69ufr.png

Can't wait till they continuously call the wrong person a Nazi and someone sues these bundles of joy, oh boy!

If I were Vavra, I'd sue the entire forum for defamation.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
If we can believe the word of this WH worker than KCD 2 will move or expand to Kuttenberg (Kutná Hora):

Wait a minute, what do we have to do with Bohemia? Or is this another case of "muh representation!"

Edit: Oh, I've noticed the wikipedia link.

Represent me, Vavra! :argh:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
the siege sidequest with the herbalist is kind of hilariously bugged.
What was the bug like? I passed it without problem.

Is there somewhere I can find more dudes to box other than the three guys in Rattay or do I really need to just beat up some bandits with my mighty fists to gain skill?
You can train unarmed combat with Bernard, just tell him "practice weapons" and then "hand to hand". I know, it's silly.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Ask vavra what features will be added to KCD 1 and what features he wants to add in the sequel.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
How long is this game?

Last night I...
finished the siege of the bandit camp and killed runt. overall it was alright. I hate it when cutscenes kill the boss though, but at least it was a well done cutscene. also, not getting a chance to loot? oh well.

yeah, i could have done it sooner, but I've been doing a LOT of side content.

even little things like this are not enough to diminish my love for the game.

so how much do I have left?

Shadenuat

Arcane
How long is this game?

Last night I...
finished the siege of the bandit camp and killed runt. overall it was alright. I hate it when cutscenes kill the boss though, but at least it was a well done cutscene. also, not getting a chance to loot? oh well.

Congratulations with finally beating prologue. :shittydog:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Let's see what the REEEEtards have to say about this joyous occasion, the thread starts off well with people acting like human beings congratulating them and people saying they bought it or are gonna buy it, but sure enough it descends into pure idpol lunacy with crying trannies and lots of red text very soon: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ki...lion-copies-in-first-week-see-mod-edit.24879/
kingdomcomesalesmeltd69ufr.png

Can't wait till they continuously call the wrong person a Nazi and someone sues these bundles of joy, oh boy!
:what:

....God bless RPG Codex
God bless freedum.

I've seen some shit but this is literally moderator Nazism/Iron Curtain.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
How long is this game?

Last night I...

Assuming you aren't joking, that's impressive because I'm like 30 hours into this game then. Granted, I did a LOT of side content.

Elex

Arbiter
The problem I have with the boxing thing is that I'm boxing in plate armor against people in peasant clothing... not exactly fair, is it. Maybe there should be some sort of boxing "outfit" you are forced to wear during the match or something that evens things out, since the fights are really easy.
It's a good example of one of the immersion-breaking things that made it into the final product that leaves you wondering how it got past testing without someone saying something.
It's just odd because most of the game has stupid amounts of care taken in this area e.g, you have refugees that empty latrines and fetch water as part of their daily work schedule after they've been assigned to do it instead of just disappearing and never seeing them again.
also on the bath house quest you can get naked also weapon are disequpied , so plate armor fisting content look like intended

the water fetch quest is bugged? they are supposed to give me rewards.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Assuming you aren't joking, that's impressive because I'm like 30 hours into this game then. Granted, I did a LOT of side content.
I have 73 hours and that's without a few side quests (one or two bugged out), and I also Deus Exed through huge Monastery quest (spent 2 minutes on what people spend hours), and I didn't finish many side content missions. Never even used a single treasure map. Although I LARPed, opened map, searched for random junk and did funny shit for a while.

The problem is main quest is such a goose chase that game systems, your character growth, your romance with Theresa, your wealth growth (till the end of the game you still don't own a home) and social status (till the end of the game you are still adventurer) simply can't catch with the whole length and pacing. You also run out of side missions when you still need to finish big chunk of main quest.

There's a lot of cool medieval routine shit developers SHOULD have inserted between main quest breaks - buying your first plate armor and dressing up, learning court manners, getting a squire, gettin place to live, romance, feasting with lords, peasant festival, jousting & tournaments, etc. etc.
From all that the most memorable for me was stuff like learning to read.

Sure it's troubled times and all that but as a medieval character Henry seems to go from peasant > adventurous bum > stronk & rich adventurous bum and that's it. Even compared to say Tommy from Mafia, I think he goes through more turmoil and his story ties up perfectly in less time and in a smaller game.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
What I was referring to though was the alchemy bench in the witch's hut north of Talmberg. It made Henry the first Bohemian astronaut.
This is a cursed hut and a real witch btw. Check one of her chests.
it has witch potion recipe in it to commune with Lucifer
It's also SAME witch who is in the quest
with womyn dancing in the forest for Dark Prince

During that quest I learned of that all and tried to make that potion there, and Henry RISEN
I was all :what:
and killed that cursed hag. Too bad you can't burn her on a stake.

Parabalus

Arcane
How long is this game?

Last night I...

Killing
Runt
is roughly a third of the MQ.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there somewhere I can find more dudes to box other than the three guys in Rattay or do I really need to just beat up some bandits with my mighty fists to gain skill?

There are four guys in Uzhitz who will box you. Possibly more, maybe in Sasau.

but that opens a different activity, the one called "do me a favour - punch me!" from rattay says "more fights..." for me and nothing has come of it

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
How long is this game?

Last night I...

Shouldn't you be like writing games? I'm disabled who in theory should have quite a bit of free time, and I play slower.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom