Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why should I like Neverwinter Nights 2?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
You like what you like, I'll like what I like, some third guy will like what he likes.
But one liking isn't as good as other liking.
You're either kidding or you need to grow the hell up

Yeah man, I mean, why even bother discussing anything or having any kind of standards, at the end of the day one guy will like:

30904_1507291985.jpg

And another will like:

BOTTICELLI_ARTE-370x241.jpg

Move along please, nothing to discuss here, you're all just being taste-nazis.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Here you go people, evidence straight from discussion about Enchanced Edition. Neverwinter Nights ARE considered classics.

wXdzX1T.jpg

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Your first mistake was asking a forum why you should like something -- are you not contented with your own opinions? You need some sort of validation from fat neckbeards on the web? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Your first mistake was asking a forum why you should like something -- are you not contented with your own opinions? You need some sort of validation from fat neckbeards on the web? What the fuck is wrong with you?
You're clueless about the purpose of this thread. I asked beceause I hate the game, but wanted to know if it has any redeeming qualities I didn't know about, anything that would justify its status of praised classic RPG.
So far the only explanation I got there is that it's not bad enough to be hated, also people were claiming that it is not considered classic, which is false.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You're clueless about the purpose of this thread. I asked beceause I hate the game, but wanted to know if it has any redeeming qualities I didn't know about, anything that would justify its status of praised classic RPG.
So far the only explanation I got there is that it's not bad enough to be hated, also people were claiming that it is not considered classic, which is false.
The expansions are good, in my opinion. Mask of the Betrayer, for the writing, companions and atmosphere. Storm of Zehir is an interesting expansion. Writing isn't good, but I like the full party creation and that you can choose which character speaks in dialog. I like how non-combat abilities work.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Neverwinter Nights 2 OC is like a fantasy novel that starts kind of pedestrian but becomes more than the sum of its parts in the last leg.

It's a worthy addition to a great lineage of RPGs, but I see why people don't like it.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
why would you need your hate validated also? sounds like you're on the fence honestly

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm just gonna post this here...

ETieKoy.png

And that, my friends, is only the time I played on my Steam copy of the game. I have had several copies of NWN 2 since its release. Actually, I bought my first PC in 2005 mostly because our PC couldn't possibly run NWN 2.

On NWN2:

As others have stated, camerafags are simply retards. Just switch the camera mode to exploration or whatever it's called. The main thing (for me at least) about NWN2 is the sheer amount of builds and party setups that you can try. Even without mods the possibilities are many.

"Yeah, this build I'm planning sounds cool. I wonder if I can beat Lorne with it?" - AAAAAND I'm playing NWN2 again... :negative:

As for the story, I'm not much of a storyfag but I agree that OC is kinda "meh" while MotB is much better. Crossroad Keep is a fun minigame and your choices regarding the keep actually DO matter later on. I never understood why the same company took so many steps backwards on their later game (PoE). The trial is also cool and a nice display of C&C + build.

NWN2 is a worthy addition to your RPG library, but if you can't deal with its core gameplay mechanics (RTwP, D&D 3.5 ruleset, weird engine that resets your position from time to time) then there is no point to playing it "for the story" since it's just not that good.

Also, mandatory:

NWN 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> POE

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

You have shown yourself to be an idiot; that is the purpose of this thread.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
You have shown yourself to be an idiot; that is the purpose of this thread.
Since when asking questions about matter I don't understand is sign of being an idiot? It's only you that've shown you're retard as you attacked me without a justified reason.

Santander02

Arcane
Some fan made modules are good, way less than nwn1 however, due to the toolset being a mess.

Inziladun

Magister
Building Maps in the NWN2 toolset was an old past time of mine. Had cities, dungeons, forests, the whole nine all created for a mod I was going to make, that I never made... but I had a ton of fun making the maps. Never got around to uploading them as freeware though.

Don't remember much about the actual game other than it started in the most boring Peasant village in the world and that I wore a Fedora throughout the entirety of the game.

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
I tried playing NWN2 but the camera is so stoopid, so I had to uninstall it.

There are so much threads here, I can't read them all.

Last edited:

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
Well I hope that Beamdog will enhance it, like they did with BG games.

It would sure solve all bug problems.

It looks I got 'shitposter' tag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom