Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

hello friend

Arcane
Quest is Blood and Fire, Voice of Aten kills me every time.

Edit: lololol nvm I'm just retarded. I forgot that you can summon a goddess to tank for you with the necklace.

bozia2012 Hey, I remember you! I think I might still have you on steam. We can run a dungeon instead, if you like.

Last edited:

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Quest is Blood and Fire, Voice of Aten kills me every time.

Edit: lololol nvm I'm just retarded. I forgot that you can summon a goddess to tank for you with the necklace.

bozia2012 Hey, I remember you! I think I might still have you on steam. We can run a dungeon instead, if you like.
Yeah, I figured you're just temporarily retarded. I re-run all the content in SWL and it's all been dumbed down, everything can be done alone and both mobs and quest progress were streamlined.

Not really playing anymore, just grabbing the chest everyday and 1200 MoA for crafting :D

Lhynn

Arcane
Its some gimmicky bullshit. Reminds me of a facebook game or that retarded shit in swotor. Still, one more item slot that adds busywork and literally nothing to gameplay but grants stats is preferable to nothing (not really).

Why arent they creating new skillsets to sell? like the content is there, get on it you cucks, you have tons of animations per weapon you arent using, you could also be designing systems with actual depth.

KevinV12000

Arcane
I honestly don't understand why FunCom doesn't realize who their audience is. Here they are, putting all this great creative work in to a game, with a great mystical story and deep lore, with poetry in fragments and very, very hard investigative quests, and, what? They don't realize that most gamers are min-max zergs and don't give a shit, but it's going to all work out in the end anyway?

I remember early on in TSW when I was just sitting at my desk blown away by the story and the whole Norsemen-Native American story was unfolding in excellent style, and there were my groupmates running through it as fast as fucking possible with no idea at all what they were missing.

They made this stupid hybrid of a thing that pisses everyone off. If you're going to do really cool jazz, you gotta live with the fact that maybe 1 in a 100 are going to get it. Now, that's a market. You make your great jazz and you live within that market. You don't do a big jazz album and then expect it to sell like Justin Timberlake or DJ Nig Nog or whatever the fuck the idiot masses are listening to right now. And you CERTAINLY don't try to sell to both crowds at the same time. You'll just piss everyone off.

So, okay, they do this re-launch. You know, I could live with it--it would be sad, but I would understand it--if they went full console-tard on it and appealed to the masses. Instead, they just increased the hybrid marketing, making the game too fucking stupid for their core audience and still "teh hard" for the idiots.

Look, FunCom: You are too talented for mass games. You write in complete sentences. You tell stories. You understand mood, pacing, character.

All of this makes you unfit for the mass market.

Quit banging your head against that stupid wall and make niche games for a niche audience. An audience, btw, which is older and has a LOT more income than the morons.

We pay 13 for a pint at nice places in Washington D.C.

You know why?

it's not because the beer is that good.

It's because that cost imposes a barrier to entry that keeps the bloody morons at bay.

Do that.

Make a craft game, charge up the wazoo for it, load it with your wit, drive and intelligence, profit.

But FOR GOD'S SAKES QUIT THINKING THAT AVERAGE GAMERS ARE GOING TO UNDERSTAND YOUR STORIES OR CARE ABOUT THEM.

Lhynn

Arcane
But FOR GOD'S SAKES QUIT THINKING THAT AVERAGE GAMERS ARE GOING TO UNDERSTAND YOUR STORIES OR CARE ABOUT THEM.
The way the game is designed, the average gamer will probably understand the story after running it for the 300th time.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Whatever guys. Go out, hit the gym, do something with your life. Games are shit.

The way the game is designed, the average gamer will probably understand the story after running it for the 300th time.
Yeah, you have to scoop the correct lore pieces, catch a few odd lines from NPCs and actually understand what is happening in the Dreaming Prison. [insert normie vs me meme]

Last edited:

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Hey There Secret Worlders,

Following the update yesterday, you may have suffered quite the shock when you logged into Agartha; your character appeared “reset” to Level 1 with no inventory or faction affiliation. While no damage actually occurred to your characters, we understand the concern the issue may have caused those affected.

Anyone who experienced this issue will now find their character fully intact when logging in, albeit with the possibility of having a jumbled inventory. As well, the character select menu may still indicate your character is Level 1 and of an incorrect faction, but do not be alarmed - it is merely a temporary visual issue that will be fixed upon your next login.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by yesterday’s issues. As many players were impacted by this issue, we’re granting those affected 20,000 Marks of Favour and turning on No Limits Weekend, which removes the cost of keys from all Lair, Dungeon, and Scenario chests. We’re also throwing in one free Agent Booster Pack for good measure.

You can find the Marks of Favour and the Booster Pack in your Delivered Items. You have until Sunday to claim these items. No Limits Weekend ends Monday morning at 9:00 AM EST.

Thank you all for your continued support and patience during this period. We look forward to seeing our community in-game and, again, our apologies for any confusion.

Sincerely,
The Secret World Legends Team

Lhynn

Arcane
They just added a timer minigame, thats it. i cant believe it broke like that.

it's the duty officer system from star trek online. goddamn, i shouldn't have ever suggested it in the first place =_= (true story).
and the game is still broken after today's patch.

Lhynn

Arcane
Its also on swotor, skyforge, warframe, fallout shelter and other rpgs. Its just lazy.

Still, i guess it helps with the grind.

help? i just read of a guy who had to do 50+ missions to have the first agent drop. it's money or never, in a game in which you can already buy levels and skill points.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Everyone gets a free agent once they unlock the agent network (your faction calls and you get a dossier in your inventory).

The booster pack they gave as apology only has a chance to drop a dossier - f.e. I got a piece of equipment instead.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Players want more story, new zones to explore... Funcom is just buying time, tho I doubt it will be enough for them to be able to release a major story update.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anybody know whether the bugs have been ironed out of the big update release yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom