Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's be melted together in a tin can - Star Traders: Frontiers

Reinhardt

Arcane
:argh: I could have easily killed them all if not constant move orders from captain!

Morkar Left

Wow, sounds like my current real life job...

Not sure about the faction relations downward spiral. Maybe the game could use some nerf in that regard. I got similar problems and according to some steam comments others as well. Maybe we're all not smart enough to choose the missions better. But I suspect it's a bit overkill.

Btw. youtubing fights works for me.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I never really bother with learning to trade. Just dump all the loot at the nearest Indie Exchange.

Tempted to do an LP run of this, but with a frontline cap'n instead.

Kuattro

Augur
Edit: regarding the fight, you can just perhaps put one or two screenshot (crew death, victory) instead of a video. But maybe it's because of my shitty internet connection that I prefer screenshots.

I can do both, a video so that I don't have to narrate everything, and a couple images and a general description of what happened.

:argh: I could have easily killed them all if not constant move orders from captain!

I know :negative:
I'm struggling way too much with having two swordsmen in the two front slots (normally I have a swordsman and a pistoleer) and I end up doing stupid mistakes and spending a whole turn moving people around so that they are able to attack.

I'll get better. And with any luck, I'll get better before we're all killed :P

I think captain kuattro could really benefit from the new "custom difficulty" setting

Are you somehow insinuating that I'm too :retarded:to play the game on hard difficulty? Because I'll have you polishing the septic tanks of the ship faster than your head can spin, you maggot.

Also, that would imply restarting, which is a big no-no, we keep on like this until we're dead.

Not sure about the faction relations downward spiral. Maybe the game could use some nerf in that regard. I got similar problems and according to some steam comments others as well. Maybe we're all not smart enough to choose the missions better. But I suspect it's a bit overkill.

Not choosing the missions correctly might be part of the problem (I know I almost never bother to really consider against whom I'm being led), and even though making enemies is actually part of the fun, otherwise you would spend all game sneaking around doing nothing, the multi-part missions at least probably could do with a reduction in rep damage, because if you take one it's almost good night, even if you start with 0 rep.

And pardons are expensive as fuck.

I never really bother with learning to trade. Just dump all the loot at the nearest Indie Exchange.

Tempted to do an LP run of this, but with a frontline cap'n instead.

I never did either, but that's because I always play with captains who go around shooting things personally and getting money from intel (frontline, as you say).

I feel that a Diplomat/Smuggler/Trader that doesn't trade is kind of useless, so I really should get onto that.

Also, I should use the Black Market.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So right now my grandson is one of the best and loyal fighters on the board?

Erikolaz

Educated
The procedurally generated NPCs are becoming increasingly triggering to me.

I don't want my faction's Intelligence Officer contact to look like a rastafarian decorated like a Christmas tree, nor do I want my Military Commander contact to be a little pink-haired girl named Kitty, or a tribal witch doctor.

I restarted my character 6 times in order to get some reasonable-looking starter contacts. But of course the contact list will gradually degrade into a complete freakshow, as it expands.

:despair:

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
Alien-Resurrection-lobby-card-3.jpg

Kuattro

Augur
At least page 3 was reached.

Yeah...

I hate to say this, especially for those who didn't get the honour to dieserve yet, but I don't think I can continue this right now.

Maybe in a couple of weeks (months, more likely) things will be a bit more calm and I might come back, although by then the game will have changed so much we might probably have to restart. No promises though.

But right now I don't have time to even look at my computer unless it's for work.

It's been an honour :hero:

:dead:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom