Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

Modron

Arcane
Still ongoing, the translation effort is entirely being done on the nma forums so any breaking news will come from here https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/. Granted I doubt our thread on the translation won't get updated forthwith.

Despite another iteration of the translation looming there isn't really a great a need to hold off playing Nevada as the current state of it is completely playable and doesn't really reek of machine translation beyond some russian puns obviously getting lost in direct translation (there was no circumstance where I was left wondering what I was just asked to do because of poor translation in my playthrough).

Edit moderation made much of my message redundant but still I guess it serves to sum up the current state well for newcomers to the thread.

Last edited:

opium fiend

Augur
Ok, installed this, thinking of using an unorthodox (for me) build - speech, doctor, science. Worth it?

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Still ongoing, the translation effort is entirely being done on the nma forums so any breaking news will come from here https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/. Granted I doubt our thread on the translation won't get updated forthwith.

Despite another iteration of the translation looming there isn't really a great a need to hold off playing Nevada as the current state of it is completely playable and doesn't really reek of machine translation beyond some russian puns obviously getting lost in direct translation (there was no circumstance where I was left wondering what I was just asked to do because of poor translation in my playthrough).

Edit moderation made much of my message redundant but still I guess it serves to sum up the current state well for newcomers to the thread.
Okay but when is the proper installer coming?

Modron

Arcane
Ok, installed this, thinking of using an unorthodox (for me) build - speech, doctor, science. Worth it?
Science gets decent mileage, doctor is used here and there to the betterment of some people/quests, same of speech, but the real star of the show in nevada is repair in my opinion. Repair gets a lot of crafting and quest use, and opens up some stuff to explore. Honestly lots of skills shine in Nevada, lockpicking and even survival is quite useful in crafting, finding unique items, and an area or two.
Okay but when is the proper installer coming?
It's at the it's done when it's done stage, just pointing out that Dionis and Snikers in addition to a variety of other people are working on it at the moment.

Jinn

Arcane
So, for those who have played through this, how would you say it stacks up in comparison to Fallout 2?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, for those who have played through this, how would you say it stacks up in comparison to Fallout 2?

It’s almost as good as the originals, even with the wonky and incomplete translation.

If you like Fallout 1 more than Fallout 2, you will love Nevada. The amount of C&C and reactivity is insane.

It’s much larger than Fallout, and nearly as large as 2. Because it’s a sort of prequel to 2, there are many similar locations, albeit decades earlier, but the vibe is much closer to the original—it really makes you feel like you’re in a desperate struggle for survival. Not as tight as FO, but tighter than 2.

Let me put it this way: if Nevada got a professional level translation, you would have no trouble believing it was made by Black Isle, like a huge expansion for Fallout 2 made by their B team.

Jinn

Arcane
I want to play it so bad, but I'm holding out for a more finalized translation!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Same here. Fortunately, I still have some unfinished DLCs for New Vegas (shit, only Lonesome Road left). They provide my much needed Fallout fix.

Must not surrender to despair and try Fallout 4. Must resist...

agris

Arcane
Patron

Same here. Fortunately, I still have some unfinished DLCs for New Vegas (shit, only Lonesome Road left). They provide my much needed Fallout fix.

Play 1.5 Resurrection if you haven't. It feels like 90% of an actual BIS Fallout game, unlike the modern ones.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Play 1.5 Resurrection if you haven't. It feels like 90% of an actual BIS Fallout game, unlike the modern ones.

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I already finished playing the masterpiece offered by our Czech comrades. It was a very good game, even if they did not add as many new assets as the people who made Nevada.

Now I am seriously contemplating learning Russian to gain access to their exclusives, like Fallout: Olympus 2207...

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Honestly, the current half-assed translation of Nevada is good enough, especially in the first half of the game. It’s certainly better than Resurrection in every way.

I tried to wait until the translation was fully edited, but then I became kind of obsessed over the summer and couldn't make myself wait any longer. I made the right decision.

Don’t wait. There’s plenty of replay value—just go in with a different build when the translation’s fully edited.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Now I am seriously contemplating learning Russian to gain access to their exclusives, like Fallout: Olympus 2207...
And later on translate it for your fellow codexers, I hope?
Wish I knew how to read moonrunes. I do plan on learning it, but it's still a couple years down the line before I can tackle it.

It's a shit game, and you'll most likely will end up uninstalling it after one or two hours, but if there's the chance that you might enjoy it I don't see why you should keep yourself from trying it.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It's a shit game, and you'll most likely will end up uninstalling it after one or two hours, but if there's the chance that you might enjoy it I don't see why you should keep yourself from trying it.[/QUOTE]

Well, I finally succumbed to the temptation and tried Fallout 4. How foolish was I.

The first warning sign was the lack of skills in the character creation phase. I was dissapointed but thought: oh well, it's a Bethesda game, propably they will do it like in Skyrim: character development will be achieved by perks.

Then I saw what they did to the dialogue options. You can choose between accepting a mission, accepting it reluctantly and accepting it sarcastically. Wow, my choice! Ofcourse, the lack of meaningful options was made worse by the overall shittiness of the writing.

Nevertheless I played a bit and tried to enjoy it. Reached the fist town, took part in a gunfight, helped the Minutemen, got my T-45 Power Armor, a minigun and killed my first Deathclaw at point black range. Everything in the 1st or 2nd hour of the game.

At that point I was convinced that I sincerely hate this game design. Closed the game and not planning to come back.

As far as Fallout series is considered, it's Nevada for me. Nothing more, nothing less.

opium fiend

Augur
Does anyone play on hard difficulty? I played on it until Reno and while it could be very intense at times, I'm not sure if it adds much to the game. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
How is the english translation at the moment? Worth a try or should I continue to wait?

Cael

Arcane
Well, I finally succumbed to the temptation and tried Fallout 4. How foolish was I.

The first warning sign was the lack of skills in the character creation phase. I was dissapointed but thought: oh well, it's a Bethesda game, propably they will do it like in Skyrim: character development will be achieved by perks.

Then I saw what they did to the dialogue options. You can choose between accepting a mission, accepting it reluctantly and accepting it sarcastically. Wow, my choice! Ofcourse, the lack of meaningful options was made worse by the overall shittiness of the writing.

Nevertheless I played a bit and tried to enjoy it. Reached the fist town, took part in a gunfight, helped the Minutemen, got my T-45 Power Armor, a minigun and killed my first Deathclaw at point black range. Everything in the 1st or 2nd hour of the game.

At that point I was convinced that I sincerely hate this game design. Closed the game and not planning to come back.

As far as Fallout series is considered, it's Nevada for me. Nothing more, nothing less.
Play Fallout 2.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Play Fallout 2.

I finished F2 several times. With and without restored content. Devoured Fallout 1,5 Ressurection. Finished New Vegas twice (NCR and Independent Vegas ending), with all the dlcs.

From here the only direction is Nevada. But I will wait for the complete translation.

Cael

Arcane

Play Fallout 2.

I finished F2 several times. With and without restored content. Devoured Fallout 1,5 Ressurection. Finished New Vegas twice (NCR and Independent Vegas ending), with all the dlcs.

From here the only direction is Nevada. But I will wait for the complete translation.
That is what I am waiting for. My Russian starts and ends with "nekulturny".

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm currently playing this with the newest version of the translation (dated March 2018). I'm really enjoying it.

It's much much bigger than Fallout Resurrection, there are way more skill checks and ways to resolve quests. The writing is also pretty damn decent for a translation job.

Thumbs up to the original devs and the translation team.

Modron

Arcane
Don't know about final but sounds like a larger release. Full package instead of just a handful of misc fixes.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
The last version of the translation was damn close to complete. It was already totally playable. If Dionis has fixed the remaining issues then anyone who’s holding off on replaying this masterpiece is merely punishing themselves. There is a ton of replay value so if they keep improving it you’ll just have more incentive to play again with a different build.

My favorite moment was when, out of nowhere, I got a permanent +1 to intelligence for handling a certain number of quests by passing speech/INT checks. Strongly recommended. Makes Resurrection look like a joke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom