Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sheepherder

Augur
Wait, hold on. There are romances in Deadfire? Is that official?

Got bored and left

Wait, hold on. There are romances in Deadfire? Is that official?

Luv is possible in the relationship system they're introducing in Deadfire, I'm pretty sure. It definitely was when Sawyer unveiled it.

But they didn't make a big deal about it and nobody knows how it might play out in game, so.

Sheepherder

Augur
Luv is possible in the relationship system they're introducing in Deadfire, I'm pretty sure. It definitely was when Sawyer unveiled it.

But they didn't make a big deal about it and nobody knows how it might play out in game, so.
I just hope it's nothing like the romances in BG2. Those still make me cringe.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
I can't be the only one who likes the pirate a lot.

There's a very slight Korgan feel about him, in how conventionally unattractive he's looking. However, whereas Korgan looked just like the vile douche he was, this guy looks more like a Jolly Roger, I-got-high-on-smoking-my-own-beard Edward Teach with a rastafari background.
Braided beard and scars.

I just hope it's nothing like the romances in BG2. Those still make me cringe.

I... I just thought about what you posted earlier, Sheepherder. I... well I think you're right ! I don't like romances as well and we're better off without these childish and annoying small talks in the middle of a mindflayer's nest. I... Thank you, Sheepherder, for... well for everything.

I remember the tasteful thread on obsidian forums back then, with its satisfying degree of autism and dubious comments.
I think deadfire specifically separates genuine companions from lesser sidekicks because they intent to put some more or less Tyranny-inspired relationship system there. I don't think they talked about romances specifically ?

Or to be short, if I took the time to read the thread, this :

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ah, yes, Aerie getting preggo is indeed world-class literature right there. Can't wait to fill up Pallegina with my superior fair-skinned seed.
Compared to adopting some overgrown rat,it is. Also Pallegina have a cloaca,you must be pretty messed up to fuck this. You will never know if it is a pussy juice,piss or shit flowing out when you fuck her.

I do look forward to fuck that elegant elf with the red eyes and kill it once i found out that it is a trap.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
I can't be the only one who likes the pirate a lot.

There's a very slight Korgan feel about him, in how conventionally unattractive he's looking. However, whereas Korgan looked just like the vile douche he was, this guy looks more like a Jolly Roger, I-got-high-on-smoking-my-own-beard Edward Teach with a rastafari background.
Braided beard and scars.

Yeah, actually looks very much like Korgan. It's basically just the tilt that made it look different. And the fact that Korgan's smile would be like that of a cat bearing down on a crippled mouse.

Unwanted

Pequod

Unwanted
Just now it came to me that the whole games doesn't have one fuckable woman.
Daymn, thats actually true and I didnt realize until now that it bothered me... They kill the cute paladin early on and thats it, only banal trash afterwards.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The PoV is also much more distinct in PoE1's version, you are looking up at Pallegina, who has her head held high in stoic determination. PoE2 is just a completely different person with nothing noteworthy, she just happens to be black and have feathers like Pallegina.

fantadomat It is a girl, it's Vela, the baby Orlan we (potentially) rescued and adopted in Twin Elms in PoE1.

You mean kidnapped and indoctrinated into the Skaen cult.
If i had penny for every time you wrote skaen...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The PoV is also much more distinct in PoE1's version, you are looking up at Pallegina, who has her head held high in stoic determination. PoE2 is just a completely different person with nothing noteworthy, she just happens to be black and have feathers like Pallegina.

fantadomat It is a girl, it's Vela, the baby Orlan we (potentially) rescued and adopted in Twin Elms in PoE1.

It is kind of strange now that i think about it. You do play as a filthy rich nobleman that owns a keep and have half a million in gold an equipment. Sooo how can you play as an asshole that hates rich people because they are rich?

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It is kind of strange now that i think about it. You do play as a filthy rich nobleman that owns a keep and have half a million in gold an equipment. Sooo how can you play as an asshole that hates rich people because they are rich?

As all of the Hollywood, wall-street banker, and Silicon Valley millionaire and billionaire Democrats have ably demonstrated, self-delusions of commonality with the poors is a pervasive disease amongst the rich.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh, it depends on what Skaen defines as "nobleman", before the ownership quest was added in 3.0 you weren't officially recognized as the owner, you just had possession of a ruin. After the 3.0 quest, however, I just head-canon it as you aren't officially the owner until you defeat what's-his-face, the lordling that wanted Caed Nua, which can happen quite late and at that point you might have already talked to Ondra, Skaen and Rymrgand, so Skaen doesn't gain anything by abandoning you then. After the game is over, maybe, but your keep gets destroyed by Eothas and you are at the bottom again, and presumably Skaen wants you to succeed against Eothas either way.

But yeah, it's a plot hole with no in-game explanation.

Brancaleone

Liturgist

I wonder why so many people are fascinated with the SJW-god.

Lacrymas

Arcane
You should read the whole thread before making any kind of ignorant statements, trust me.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Being unjustifiably sure of yourself without knowing what the thread is about will also bring you resentment, funny that.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Being unjustifiably sure of yourself without knowing what the thread is about will also bring you resentment, funny that.
Of course, because if I only knew what the thread is really about, its sheer brilliance would make me fall on my knees and see the light. :D

Codex Year of the Donut

I wonder why so many people are fascinated with the SJW-god.
Praise Eothas!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Eh, it depends on what Skaen defines as "nobleman", before the ownership quest was added in 3.0 you weren't officially recognized as the owner, you just had possession of a ruin. After the 3.0 quest, however, I just head-canon it as you aren't officially the owner until you defeat what's-his-face, the lordling that wanted Caed Nua, which can happen quite late and at that point you might have already talked to Ondra, Skaen and Rymrgand, so Skaen doesn't gain anything by abandoning you then. After the game is over, maybe, but your keep gets destroyed by Eothas and you are at the bottom again, and presumably Skaen wants you to succeed against Eothas either way.

But yeah, it's a plot hole with no in-game explanation.
Meh it was a law of arm. I said the same thing to the retard and the duke ,want it then come get it bitches. Skaen hates anyone in position of strength,therefore the protagonist is his enemy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I found my first victim,Pallegina was barely tolerable in the first one. Now she will be spouting tumblr rhetoric left and right . Hope that they don't force me to tolerate her at the beginning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom