Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Jason Liang

Arcane
Have you done Shangri-la and rescued Hornet on that playthrough since they are both required for all the A endings? If that's the case maybe it requires you to have done the toushin mission on a previous playthrough.
edit: just to prove I'm not talking out of my ass I did not do toushin mission on the playthrough that I got from the sky ending.
d40G0W2.png

Yes, I have both Hornet and Shangri-la done. I'm not sure which mission is the Toushin Toshi mission, is it the one where you right a red dragon and a giant robot? That didn't do anything but maybe I did it too late. I read there's a mission where you fight Tropos without Redeye but that mission never showed up.

It appears that I can win through Land after all, I just have to go back and replay turn 11. It turns out that the only way I can get any of the countries to liberate themselves before turn 14 is to drop both reinforcements on that country the turn after I kill the last demon boss. Since I defeated Lexington/ Juno/ Atalanta on turn 10, if I assign both reinforcements to Leazas on turn 11 prep, Leazas wll self-liberate by end of turn 13. Splitting up the reinforcements is a mistake; it actually makes strategic sense that you shouldn't split up your forces and should instead crush your enemy quickly when they are beaten.

So -
Turn 10 - Defeat Lexington/ Juno/ Atalanta
Turn 11 - Reinforce Leazas twice -> Defeat Pi-R
Turn 12 - Defend Free Cities -> Liberate Zeth
Turn 13 - anything -> Liberate Helman, Leazas and Free Cities both liberate themselves

Also my Free Cities 2nd Campaign chests seem to be dropping the same cards which is great since I picked up Nude Hanty, Nude Satella, Freya and Ogrure the 3rd last time on that map.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Nope, it turns out that Free Cities doesn't liberate themselves in time. Now I'm contemplating going back to turn 10, turn 6, or starting over.

The upside is she dropped from a turn 15 chest:
rx064.png
Game is so troll.

Just one-turned Zeth.

I'm still incapable of winning the eating contest, so I just kill Galutia in a extremelly annoying fight were he keeps switching my characters. But I beat him and got to face Medusa directly. No healing or whatever.

She is not that strong once you figure out her gimmick.

C6F8spv.jpg

Fucking dango. Almost all the damage I dealt was poison, used 0ap attacks to keep my healer ready for status effects.

EjxEy5d.jpg

Maybe it will work this time.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I think Medusa is an extremely well-designed boss. Seems insane at first but you can develop a plan to counter her.

Galtia is also well-designed. But actually insane.

I just remember my first run, fighting La Hawzel... shit, this is hard. She has a fuck-ton of hp. Then fighting Lei- holy shit this is harder. Then fighting Galtia- holy mother, this is insane.

But Galtia also felt vulnerable in his first fight, and I wanted to save Gandhi badly.

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
I hate how huge a HP pool 1T Medusa has - I don't know if there's any other viable strategies outside of Poison but that still takes way too long to whittle down.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I tried to cheese her by poisoning her with Kou and putting her to sleep with Eleanor since poison damage doesn't cancel sleep, but it's too RNG reliant to do it multiple times in row succesfully and Medusa starts to attack harder on later turns so it didn't quite work out. Since Alefgard is pretty weak I think you could use his fight to abuse AL church generic for healing or something, but I didn't test it out.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Poison is good against Medusa since it's very AP efficient damage. I really couldn't tank even her normal hits very long, so I had use most of my roster slots and AP for defense. It also slows her down since it forces her to her neutral position (curse+cleanse+shield), which means you gain .5 AP (assuming you have +1 AP/ even turn) and the poison paid for itself. I used a set-up with Caloria since she can emergency hail mary defense if the ninjas fuck up. Even with a plan, she took 74 rounds to kill and I had several timely hp refreshes trigger. I doubt I could have lived through 5 more turns.

I didn't have AP to waste on healing against Medusa, so I blew all my healing to heal full on Alefgard. If I'd known it would take 74 rounds to kill Medusa I'd probably have gone with Kimchi instead of Gandhi.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Managed to beat it. Didn't expect such a broken skill. Let the poison kill him slowly and used the extra AP for defence.

Just got the A ending (not True ending). Even if I'm fully spoiled that was great. Will try getting the other A ends.

Any idea what the missions at Alice's menu in the starting screen do? Any effect on the main game?

Last edited:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, what event can give me troops? Turn 8 - I one-turn cleared all nations, got all Sacred Gals, did Shangri-La, will kill Red-Eye and save Hornet this turn, but I don't know how to get troops. I suspect the conscription event will do that, I don't really know which route get to save Free-Cities. Also someone mentioned Poppins stuff, I think.

Jason Liang

Arcane
So I went back to end of turn 8, made the correct choice to get Copadon's ships, half-assed defended until turn 12 (Free Cities ended up with like 2,000 people) and went Sea route. Definitely challenging since you lose most of your characters. I didn't have a lot of medal points or a lot of characters to choose from, but Shariela + Hornet carried the day against Kay-chan. It was damn close though, and likely 100 times harder without Shariela or Hornet.

rx065.png

Even with Hornet and Shariela, I had just enough gas to kill Kayblis. He would have murdered me on his turn.That heavy hit deals 26k by itself even while I have full 4AP defense.

rx066.png

Just enough, 2% overkill. Boss-fighting is tough without the Kalar nukes. Kay-chan wasn't the toughest Demon boss fight, but he was respectable, especially among Rance game endbosses.

rx067.png

Your ass token is mine, Kay- chan!

When I reload my turn 11 save, now I can see the option for Sky route. So you cannot do Sky route until you get another A or B ending first, I think. I'm still missing the Poppins Tunnel quest, so I will do that and Sky Route
to unlock part 2

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Hey, what event can give me troops? Turn 8 - I one-turn cleared all nations, got all Sacred Gals, did Shangri-La, will kill Red-Eye and save Hornet this turn, but I don't know how to get troops. I suspect the conscription event will do that, I don't really know which route get to save Free-Cities. Also someone mentioned Poppins stuff, I think.
Left is for Leazas/ Free Cities, and right is for Zeth/ Helman. Free Cities is the one written entirely in kanji, there are no hiragana or katakana characters.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Y2TNKhq.jpg

I dun goofed, I think. Free cities may get rekt next turn, I didn't got how to get more people right and now I gotta go fast Hornet save to see if it is fuckup.

Wow, how did your FC get rekted so badly... FC will be gone unless you defend it or add troops during prep phase. Next turn you can liberate it manually.

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
The After quests are just a series of extra battle challenges you can try - I think you get all characters in your party that you've reached an ending with except for certain really broken ones. The gimmick is that your party characters become unusable after every fight so it's an endurance test.

You get an achievement for beating each one up to 6 and they give a small bonus, but otherwise don't affect the main game.

DrDustCell

Educated
For those wondering if you can get Camilla (the dark lord), I just got her as a rare drop in part 2 (and only in part 2..)
She doesn't do anything really except dramatically raise HP and ATK.. and lower treasure chance.

NSFW since I also got her naked version.
BX0VCIG.jpg

Jason Liang

Arcane
You can play it just fine, you just wont be able to enjoy the story as much.

But it's either play now or wait realistically ~10 years for an English translation by which time the story would already be spoiled for you anyway.

DrDustCell

Educated
Help! Does anyone know how to get these cards? They're related to the achievements

First are these, by going to the real Japan. The JP wiki says it's there but I only keep getting the Tokyo girl.. :

8aIMtbE.jpg

Next are the mspaint monsters which the wiki doesn't address, I can get the first (red dog thing) from an intermission quest but how about the rest? :

fgV5k1K.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom