Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Chris Avellone

What is your favourite Conan story? Also, if you have time, can you explain why? Have you ever indulged in Conan pastiche, say from Savage Sword of Conan?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
My name is Blaine
My life is woebegone
I'm only still sane
Thanks to Chris Avellone

You make good game
For me to click
Or through your windowpane
I throw big brick

I truly treasure these healthy fan-developer relationships.

Master

Arbiter
Did anyone notice how Chris Avellone looks like Data from Star Trek?

chris-avellone-is-watching-you2.jpg

Picture-1115.png

lore__the_homicidal_android_by_ladydata-d4wg7f8.jpg

Are they brothers or something?

ST+TNG+Data+and+Lore+Descent+1.jpg

Seriously if he put some powder he would look exactly like him.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Chris Avellone why writers have stopped coming up with original,unique and insane settings like Morrowind or Torment? Is there no imagination left in the industry? And do you still daydream about alien new worlds filled with adventures and exotic encounters?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just don’t have the time to answer everything

I'm Avellone Chris
My writing bring incline
The only thing I miss
Is my old hairline.

Granted, it is why I've started scalping people.

He has time to comment on inane poetry but not so much when he has to give some answers on his promised Arcanum playthrough.
Maybe it was Urquhart's idea and this brings back... memories...

So how about Chris "Postpone" Avellone?
Who forced you into accepting to play Arcanum for coverage?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
What the fuck did you just fucking say about my poetry, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in creative writing and I’ve been involved in numerous open mic competitions and I have over 300 published poems. I am trained in language warfare and I’m the top wordsmith in the entire US population. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with my vicious rhymes, precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of English teachers across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my pencil. Not only am I extensively trained in verbal judo, but I have access to the entire catalogue of the United States Library of Congress and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Chris, could you dedicate some time to the Codex interview (the one by Fairfax) pretty please? It has been in the working since... years?

I know you are busy and such, but I keep seeing your interviews on, arguably, less prestigious places than ours, and this hurts me deep in my heart.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Interesting to see Avellone giving that endorsement to Carrie Patel.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He volunteered that compliment, he wasn't asked about her at all.

I wonder how plausible it is that Chris doesn't know who is writing PoE2's story, though. :M

Lhynn

Arcane

I wonder how plausible it is that Chris doesn't know who is writing PoE2's story, though. :M
Ohh boi, who will write poe 2 i wonder? hard to top PoE 1 in terms of writing. I still fondly remember saving that dude from those kobolds and doing a quest for a braveboi. I also remember reading 3 year old threads about bugs that are still present today. Those were masterfully writen.

But the most memorable moment was when some girls asked me why i was bothering to chase some cuck and i could reply "to be honest, no idea". The Irenicus of our time i tell you.

If you care the slightest bit about good writing, Then you didnt play PoE for any significant period of time. If you didnt give a shit about the writing, why would you even care who is doing it?

2house2fly

Magister

it's not difficult to guess but there's no real reason I can see that he would know for sure

2house2fly

Magister
Hey Chris here's a blast from the past: in Lonesome Road, what was the thinking behind the way Ulysses speaks? It seems to turn a lot of people off as they assume it's the author writing pretentiously, but you've demonstrated enough range in your writing- even just within the New Vegas DLCs- that it's clear his speech patterns are a deliberate choice

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

it's not difficult to guess but there's no real reason I can see that he would know for sure
Screenshot_2018_3_14_Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Wikipedia.png

Yup,absolutely no fucking way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom