Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Reinhardt

Arcane
Also main question. Senhime - best girl. Is she good here?

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
She doesn't do much outside of babysitting. I've never found her card in 4 playthroughs.

DrDustCell

Educated
Karhu,

Thanks, I'll try that out! Gotta re-catch them again though... I didn't get those cards after sleeping with 5 super galmonsters (Tiny Reach E) but stopped there. I'll try catching them all and sleeping with all of them haha

Reinhardt, Bohrain,

Senhime is a support-ish character imo. Here are my 4 Senhimes so far and their stats/skills (not sure if there's a 5th, the Japanese wiki only lists 2..)

65AVUkV.jpg

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
So, last time i played with translators was years ago. What should i use for rance?

Tried turn 0 skipping all text and i like it.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
/haniho/ has a guide for setting up VNR and machine translation. I use google translate and atlas simultaneously, which usually gives enough information to decipher what is going on. It also helps if you have general knowledge of what the character names are since the MT tries to translate some like Ai, Katyusha and Kouhime and so forth.

DrDustCell

Educated
Karhu,

I just realized I misunderstood, I thought you meant non-elite monster girls to get those MS Paint monsters, but you actually mean those 4 Life/Power/Earth/Time ones! D'oh!

Their eggs are hatching into the monsters! Thanks!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Playing
:didntreadlol:

style. Got 2 bad endings so now i have 2 cp. I don't want to use them on +5 lvls things because it makes game too easy. Which other options are viable?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Playing

style. Got 2 bad endings so now i have 2 cp. I don't want to use them on +5 lvls things because it makes game too easy. Which other options are viable?

I beat the main quest both "sea" and "sky" and unlocked the "true ending" without cp bonuses, and I know you can win by "land" without them as well. So I don't see the fun of starting over with CP bonuses. They're only necessary for the "breakthrough" route. Just figure out where you fucked up and restart from there.

rx070.png

"Sea" and "Sky" route completed and 2nd quest unlocked, only other bad endings are "Demon King Kaybliss" and the "Defeat" ending (from the "Sea" route).

rx071.png

All 5 achievements required for 2nd Quest unlocked (bottom).

Last edited:
Playing

I beat the main quest both "sea" and "sky" and unlocked the "true ending" without cp bonuses, and I know you can win by "land" without them as well. So I don't see the fun of starting over with CP bonuses. They're only necessary for the "breakthrough" route. Just figure out where you fucked up and restart from there.

rx070.png

"Sea" and "Sky" route completed and 2nd quest unlocked, only other bad endings are "Demon King Kaybliss" and the "Defeat" ending (from the "Sea" route).

rx071.png

All 5 achievements required for 2nd Quest unlocked (bottom).

To get A endings with no Cp bonus what is the strategic approach you use for the war? Since I suppose you don't one turn. Miki, and Shangri-la (and I suppose Hornet and the other events) limit a lot how much you can do in the war.

Jason Liang

Arcane
In those runs 1-turned Zeth on turn 5.

I think my run was pretty standard and nowhere near perfect:

Turn 1 - Defend Rance Castle, Evacuate Pencilcow
Turn 2 - Defend Free Cities, Leazas Campaign 1 (defeat La Hawzel)
Turn 3 - Defend Zeth, Helman Campaign 1 (defeat Babolat)
Turn 4 - Defend Zeth, Free Cities Campaign 1 (defeat Lei)
Turn 5 - Defend Kawanakajima, Zeth Campaign 1 (defeat Galtia + Medusa) - all that work on Zeth and they still couldn't self-liberate by turn 13.
Turn 6 - Free Kamilla, Find Miki - wasted a prep phase here rescuing Kamilla
Turn 7 - Free day (3 chests), Shangri-la Campaign - one of the chests had Krutche in it that I wanted for Hornet rescue, but likely cost me Land ending
Turn 8 - Defend Rance Castle, Save Hornet
Turn 9 - Defend everywhere, Helman Campaign 2 (defeat Kesselring)

I originally did Leazas Campaign 2 on 10, Free Cities Campaign 2 on 11 and liberate Helman on 12, but I couldn't get an "A" ending since I messed up on the boat choices (no "sea"), didn't have the "sky" quests appear, and could not get both Free Cities and Leazas to self-liberate by end of turn 13 for "land invasion" (Free Cities self-liberated end of turn 13 but BOTH Leazas and Zeth needed to end of turn 14 to self-liberate). I went back to end of turn 8, fixed the "boat" choice, and then free-dayed to turn 12 to take the "sea" route (had to defend Helman and Free Cities once each of else they'd have been annihilated).

After winning on "sea" route, I could now get the events for "sky" route, so I went back to end of turn 9 and did -

Turn 10 - Reinforce Leazas and Free Cities, Poppins Tunnel (defeat Masuzoe)
Turn 11 - Sky Route prep, Fight Troppos
Turn 12 - Sky Route, Sky Route
Turn 13 - Sky Route, Sky Route
Turn 14 - Sky Route, Kayblis Castle

If I went back and re-played from the beginning (with 0 CP), with the aim of winning by "Land Invasion," I would do it like this instead -

Turn 1 - Defend Rance Castle, Evacuate Pencilcow
Turn 2 - Defend Leazas, Free Cities Campaign 1 (defeat Lei)
Turn 3 - Defend Free Cities, Helman Campaign 1 (defeat Babolat + Kesselring)
Turn 4 - Defend Helman, Find Miki
Turn 5 - Defend Kawanakajima, Zeth Campaign 1 (defeat Galtia + Medusa)
Turn 6 - Reinforce Zeth twice, Shangri-la Campaign
Turn 7 - Defend everywhere, Leazas Campaign 1 (defeat Silky)
Turn 8 - Defend Rance Castle, Save Hornet

Probably on a clean re-install so that you don't need to deal with Warg. One-turning Helman on turn 3 is difficult but feasible. Using Lei, I had no trouble toasting Babolat in 5 turns and could deal ~ 40% damage to Kesselring before he turned mist. With some luck, all you need to beat Kesselring is to survive ~18 rounds, and zap him for 50% damage during each of the two Fog phases.

DrDustCell

Educated
Naked Shariela maybe? But that wouldn't make so much sense since Shariela herself isn't added to the collection..

I'm also trying to see if I can get a naked Noah (the blonde boat girl), it would be kinda troll if that existed lol..

DrDustCell

Educated
Card Mechanics question on the latter half of the game:

I initially presumed that only the highest lvl cards of the party get added to the collection, meaning one-ofs of the lvl200+ kids plus the others.

But.. I just realized I have two Mixes in my collection. the standard lvl258 one, and a lvl308 one O_O. She wasn't my best friend during that route (it was the poppins princess) so that may not have been a factor..

Are there more of these rare 300ers? Is there a way to add the rest of the sub-lvl200+ cards into the collection?

I'm at 859 cards right now and counting the empty spaces in card report + making educated guesses + the special post-shariela card rumor,
I'm still missing AT LEAST 27 more, which means there's at least 886 cards in this game... That's a shittton...

Last edited:
I restarted in order to unlock the remaining A endings and complete the requeriments for True Route. In NG+ I activated random cards.

I get Arios in turn 1. His girfriend on turn 2.

One-turned everything.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Jason Liang so i did like you said - reloading saves and blindly messing with clearing order. It's not helping that i don't read anything, but still now i have 7 cp. JAPAN has 3 endings, right?

It's time to start ng+, this time with translator.

Also what other bonuses are from collection menu, beside cp?

There is some bonus involving Hanny King that apparently does something for the war effort around turn 2. No ides of what exactly does.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Jason Liang so i did like you said - reloading saves and blindly messing with clearing order. It's not helping that i don't read anything, but still now i have 7 cp. JAPAN has 3 endings, right?

It's time to start ng+, this time with translator.

Also what other bonuses are from collection menu, beside cp?

I don't know why you felt you needed to get 7 CP before you started the game properly with some translation.That means you basically beelined for all of the non-A endings and spoiled through them already (considering Despair is basically completing "Sea" ending without beating Kayblis).

This *is* the last Rance game. Probably. Take your time and savor it.

Last edited:

DrDustCell

Educated
My Rance X thread just got linked to on 4chan.

Boys, I think we're about to get invaded by hannies.

:bunkertime:

Then I guess it's time to prematurely release my >>>Rance X Wikia project<<< lol, even though there's no bells and whistles at all.

The >>>Achievements<<< page is about 99% complete, just some remarks are missing. I'm currently filling up the cards page as I type this!

I'm also cross-posting to the gameplay guide thread.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I don't know why you felt you needed to get 7 CP before you started the game properly with some translation.That means you basically beelined for all of the non-A endings and spoiled through them already (considering Despair is basically completing "Sea" ending without beating Kayblis).
Actually i'm still missing 1 C ending. I never got past second coming of kay or hooded swordsman on 50% losses.
Only 400+ cards. Less than 1/3.

DrDustCell

Educated
Both the Protagonist and Gods & Demons cards are up on the wiki! (links are NSFW, spoilers)

I made sure to prioritize the 神魔 cards since it's reaaaaaaally all everybody wants to see anyway...
I'll also be adding card stats and how to get them, but at a later date.

If you find this project interesting, help me post it to /haniho/ for exposure and more contributors.. because I personally can't- 4chan blocks China IP..
(So yeah I won't be spamming Wiki Progress Reports anymore until everything's "done" lol.)

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Both the Protagonist and Gods & Demons cards are up on the wiki! (links are NSFW, spoilers)

I made sure to prioritize the 神魔 cards since it's reaaaaaaally all everybody wants to see anyway...
I'll also be adding card stats and how to get them, but at a later date.

If you find this project interesting, help me post it to /haniho/ for exposure and more contributors.. because I personally can't- 4chan blocks China IP..
(So yeah I won't be spamming Wiki Progress Reports anymore until everything's "done" lol.)

All those seashells... I'm so jealous.

There's almost certainly a nude Nimitz card since she has a nude scene.

No luck getting Sieg either, eh?

Ah, so Katyusha is the mayor that I'm missing.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom