Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Temple+ * RELEASED *

Allyx

Savant
I didn't include it in my mod or patch, my understanding is that your fix is meant to go into the Users/"Account-Name"/appdata/something/something folder... which I wouldn't know how to make happen with the coding knowledge I have at me disposal.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I didn't include it in my mod or patch, my understanding is that your fix is meant to go into the Users/"Account-Name"/appdata/something/something folder... which I wouldn't know how to make happen with the coding knowledge I have at me disposal.
No, nothing of that sort is needed. Like I said in that post, put it in data/rules/protos/. I.e. create a protos subfolder and out it there. It's harmless for regular ToEE since it won't look for that file, whereas Temple+ will load it and override the wolf proto.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Giving TOEE a proper try, I just found about Temple+. It is an impressive effort and runs the game (GOG version) like a charm on my system. Thanks for this.

Question, settings changes like homerules etc will affect already existing temple+ saved games, or they're only for new games?

For those that know the game well, I don't want to diminish the challenge at all so I stayed at a 5 person party, but the optional slow leveling option intrigues me. why was this added?

Elestan

Educated
Question, settings changes like homerules etc will affect already existing temple+ saved games, or they're only for new games?
I think they affect any game you load, but they won't retroactively change already spawned characters or monsters.

For those that know the game well, I don't want to diminish the challenge at all so I stayed at a 5 person party, but the optional slow leveling option intrigues me. why was this added?

With the new content there is more XP available in the game, so your characters will tend to reach higher levels than in vanilla unless you penalize their levels.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
House Rules will aggect existing savegames (except perhaps Max HP for NPCs as mentioned).
With the new content there is more XP available in the game, so your characters will tend to reach higher levels than in vanilla unless you penalize their levels.
He's playing GoG version so there's no new content.
Also in that regard the GoG (vanilla) version sort of already has "slower levelling" due to incorrect Challenge Ratings for many monsters.
Personally I found that once you get to level 7 you can roflstomp most of the Temple. Slower levelling stretches out levels 4-6, which are the sweetspot for most of the Temple IMO. Most of my experience is with Co8 however.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks, I might slow down the XP then.

Another question, whenever I choose to activate "Smite Evil" nothing happens, it's as if the paladin passed his turn. Is this a bug?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Thanks, I might slow down the XP then.
You can also toggle it on/off whenever.

Another question, whenever I choose to activate "Smite Evil" nothing happens, it's as if the paladin passed his turn. Is this a bug?
IIRC it causes the next attack to have a smiting property. Maybe you need to disable "end turn after default action".

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
I found out what was going on... I was activating the smite evil by rightclicking my char, as any other targeted effect so far had allowed me to select a target. Turns out you have to select the enemy and bring the UI wheel from it.

I'm experiencing a glitch with corpses, they are constantly jerking, as if unstable between two positions, and happens with 100% of corpses. At first I ignored it but now it has become really annoying with so many large battles, is there a way to fix it?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I found out what was going on... I was activating the smite evil by rightclicking my char, as any other targeted effect so far had allowed me to select a target. Turns out you have to select the enemy and bring the UI wheel from it.

I'm experiencing a glitch with corpses, they are constantly jerking, as if unstable between two positions, and happens with 100% of corpses. At first I ignored it but now it has become really annoying with so many large battles, is there a way to fix it?
Yeah it's a glitch I stupidly added last patch, will fix this weekend.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer

Awesome! Temple+ autochecks for updates?

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Awesome! Temple+ autochecks for updates?
Yes, you can see the status in the bottom right of the main menu screen.

Ausulum

Barely Literate
Hi all! Thanks for your efforts!
How can I get an feat "Melee weapon mastery"?
GuSZ8.png

>

Guf2W.png

Last edited:

LarkinVB

Novice
Hi and thanks for this great modification. Is there any reason to use (not to use) CO8 in addition to temple+ ? We like to do a good ol' 3 player hotseat playthrough of the game, of course with as few problems as possible. Is temple+ 1.0.56 considered stable or will there be more fixes in the near future ?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hi and thanks for this great modification. Is there any reason to use (not to use) CO8 in addition to temple+ ? We like to do a good ol' 3 player hotseat playthrough of the game, of course with as few problems as possible. Is temple+ 1.0.56 considered stable or will there be more fixes in the near future ?
Co8 contains many fixes that are not present in Temple+. I recommend it.

1.0.57 is in the works, including some crash fixes. It may take a while though.

Endarire

Scholar
The MODDB.com link you provided still links to 1.0.56 instead of a newer version.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Awesome work. Thank you very much for making one of the best games ever made even better.

UnknownBro

Savant
And where is this FAQ you speak of?

Searched for about 10 minutes the wiki and the moddb project and see no FAQ. Can you provide a link please?

Could be usefull if you add that to the articles section in moddb.

Thanks.

Also in that regard the GoG (vanilla) version sort of already has "slower levelling" due to incorrect Challenge Ratings for many monsters.

How to restore the correct challenge rating? Do I just install Co8+temple?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom