Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'd be surprised if at least Y0 and two Kiwami entries don't show up on PC. Maybe they're waiting to touch up 3, 4 and 5 first for PS4 or something so they can sell an overpriced collection?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Baka PC gaijin too dishonorobu to pray superior Nippon steel Yakuza.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Sucks that they removed the cigarette heat move from later games. Was so fucking badass!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yakuza 6 delayed to April 17.

3 days before God of War. Not long after Ni No Kuni 2.

It's as if SEGA don't give a fuck.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
anyone here tried out any of the yakuza games on RPCS3? normally i would just download and try for myself (the performance/compat) but we're talking 20-30gbs here, plus additionally i don't know which yakuza game (for ps3) would even be worth 'trying out'.

thought i'd just ask here first.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They don't have much overlap, but it's about releasing the game in a calm period.

There are many games releasing during that timeframe.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I like 4 the most. Haven't finished 5 and 0, though. I'd kill for Ishin and Kenzan localizations.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Would 3 be a decent place to start? I could go 3->4->5->0->1 (remake) -> 2(remake).

I would like to wait for 3, 4 and 5 to get ported but I have them on PS3 already

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
3 is an okay place to start. I played 1-2-3-4-5-0.

Be warned, though... 3 starts of very slow. Stick with it. 4 is great all around (imo). It's especially fun to play around with the different fighting styles. Also getting to know the new playable characters. 5 is great fun, but I have only played a little. 0, I have barely touched.

I haven't played the remakes. The originals are clunky. The first game hasn't aged well from a gameplay perspective. Both 1 or 2 are most defo worth a playthrough, though. 1 isn't very long and more straight to the point. 2 is a bit longer, but still not as long as the PS3 games. I quite liked that aspect, to be honest.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Best is still 0. 0, Kiwami 1 and 2 are all worth playing. Skip the rest.

Buh you suck

All of the Games are worth playing how ever right now if you only had 1 choice i would play 0 it is the most stand alone or Kiwami as it is remake of 1

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Best is still 0. 0, Kiwami 1 and 2 are all worth playing. Skip the rest.

Buh you suck

All of the Games are worth playing how ever right now if you only had 1 choice i would play 0 it is the most stand alone or Kiwami as it is remake of 1

You are retarded and have no taste at all if you think 3 to 6 are good

NO your retarded if you dont like 3-5 (i have yet to play 6) they are solid games and they might not be as good as 1,2 and 0, but they are still good games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom