Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

frajaq

Erudite
Austin bomber favorite games

PCWycyo.png

When is Trump going to ban Path of Exile?????

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, totally sucks that there's nothing you can do against heavy life-regen. They just have a boat-load of hp, their regen is usually pretty negligible.
Do you realize that their regen is % based on their life?
If they actually had any kind of QA team they would probably notice that having mobs that take 10-20 times as long as normal rare to kill, or are just impossible to kill while leveling because they have "Allies regen life" while summoning mobs that also have 20 times the normal HP every couple seconds is probably not a good sign.

Also I never said that regen is the sole reason.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Since I one shot normal rares on maps having something that takes 10-20 times longer (read 5 to 10s) is a welcome change.
What is sad about it is that I kill map bosses faster :D

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, the red beasts have more HP than map bosses which is just another WTF? of the whole situation. If you find one in T16 does it have more health than the guardians?

Okagron

Prophet
You know someone is mentally ill and troubled when they've put over 400 hours into Skyrim.
But don't you know? 10/10. Badass Seal of Approval. Legendary. Every RPG after Skyrim needs to be able to get to the standard of Skyrim if they want a perfect score.

I honestly can't post this without laughing.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
What is the point of trade league when shit like this exists:

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah, the red beasts have more HP than map bosses which is just another WTF? of the whole situation. If you find one in T16 does it have more health than the guardians?
No they don't. I don't think you need to be worried about red beasts in T16 maps though, since I don't imagine you ever getting there. If you cannot handle beasts or they take "10-20" times as long as normal rares, your build is shit.
Them having more HP than map-bosses also isn't that weird, considering almost all top-end enemies of previous leagues had more health than mapbosses too. Only this time around you can encounter them during the map, and can't avoid them by not engaging with the league-mechanic anymore. Well, you can still avoid them, but if your build is shit they might oneshot you while you try to run around them. :M

In case you still haven't understood I'll repeat it again, because you seem to be on the lead-based prenatal diet side of the community: Red beasts aren't any more scary than abyss rares, liches, breachlords, esh-spiders or what have you - if your build isn't complete shit. Maybe stop making shit builds when the league isn't hand-feeding you t15 maps anymore like harbinger did, or has insane bonus packsize like Abyss/Breach.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Them having more HP than map-bosses also isn't that weird, considering almost all top-end enemies of previous leagues had more health than mapbosses too. Only this time around you can encounter them during the map, and can't avoid them by not engaging with the league-mechanic anymore. Well, you can still avoid them, but if your build is shit they might oneshot you while you try to run around them. :M
He might get aerial bombarded to nothing, RaizQT style :D

Saark

Arcane
Patron
You mean he might get killed with -75% chaosres by an attack that only deals chaosdamage? There's a reason the players that are actually good (no offense to Raiz, hes a decent player but the only reason he got #1 SSFHC in Harbinger was because everyone else died and he put in insane hours), get chaos-res as quickly as possible. Playing almost exclusively summoners doesn't help, because you get out of touch with how much damage monsters actually deal, because they seldom hit you anymore.

Just yesterday someone translated Ailas RF Occultist guide, and most of the gear-choices he presents have a considerable amount of chaos-res. Granted, in part that is because he is playing a hybrid RF character that only sustains with flasks and by killing mobs, so chaos damage can kill him incredibly fast, but people seem to forget that chaos-damage is tuned with 0% chaosres in mind. If you're running around with -75% like most people still do, you're gonna get destroyed by any kind of direct chaos-damage, and since there is only a few sources of that around the airstrike birds caught some people by surprise. Just get a broken crown and roll at least one rare with chaos resist and you already tripled your EHP against chaos damage.

T. Reich

Arcane
Let's be honest here - red beasts DO have a disproportionally high amount of life. Disproportional enough to get into "ridiculous" grade.
I've played this league as crit GC miner sabo. My pre-flask sustainable shaper DPS is 1.8mil (no shenanigans).
I can easily carry 6man parties in t15 maps, tearing through boss hp like a wet paper tissue.
Taking down a red beast in a t12-13 map feels like tackling a shaper guardian, time-wise. That ain't good news for a player with non-retardo DPS build.
I haven't played any t16 maps this league (keep selling them), but I'd reckon that a t16 red beast would in fact have as much HP as a guardian boss.

On the bright side, these red beasts don't really do that high of a damage, as long as you have decently-layered defenses.
My defenses constitute: perma-blind (and resulting 10% reduced dmg taken from ascendancy), 40/30 dodge, 15% block, and up to 20% life regen from spamming mines thanks to sabo ascendancy. 6k life, no MoM.
I generally have no problem just standing there and spamming mines for a few seconds until the red beast keels over.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You mean he might get killed with -75% chaosres by an attack that only deals chaosdamage? There's a reason the players that are actually good (no offense to Raiz, hes a decent player but the only reason he got #1 SSFHC in Harbinger was because everyone else died and he put in insane hours), get chaos-res as quickly as possible. Playing almost exclusively summoners doesn't help, because you get out of touch with how much damage monsters actually deal, because they seldom hit you anymore.

Just yesterday someone translated Ailas RF Occultist guide, and most of the gear-choices he presents have a considerable amount of chaos-res. Granted, in part that is because he is playing a hybrid RF character that only sustains with flasks and by killing mobs, so chaos damage can kill him incredibly fast, but people seem to forget that chaos-damage is tuned with 0% chaosres in mind. If you're running around with -75% like most people still do, you're gonna get destroyed by any kind of direct chaos-damage, and since there is only a few sources of that around the airstrike birds caught some people by surprise. Just get a broken crown and roll at least one rare with chaos resist and you already tripled your EHP against chaos damage.
Too large of a rant for me making fun of Raiz and the hilarious way he died :)

Balor

Arcane
Taking down a red beast in a t12-13 map feels like tackling a shaper guardian, time-wise. That ain't good news for a player with non-retardo DPS build.

I guess this is intentional - so people with 'semi-retardo DPS' would not complain about one-shotting red beasts too much. I guess they went overboard a bit, it might get toned down when enough complaints accumulate.

T. Reich

Arcane
crit GC miner sabo

My char from abyss, it has so much "cannon" power without being that glassy, its not funny. Dropped it after 90 because it felt ridicilous.
Funny thing is new unique map pillars was really diifficult for that char.

Pre-3.2.0, not surprising. Sabo didn't have anything solid in terms of available defense.
Post-3.2.0, sabo's blind ascendancy is borderline OP, and is a mandatory pick IMO.

Gerrard

Arcane
No they don't. I don't think you need to be worried about red beasts in T16 maps though, since I don't imagine you ever getting there. If you cannot handle beasts or they take "10-20" times as long as normal rares, your build is shit.
Let's assume you have 10APS and kill normal rare mobs in one hit. If it takes you one second to kill a red that's already 10 times as long.
Retard.

-75% chaosres
Do you even play this game? I'm pretty convinced you're here just to shitpost at this point.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
My bad, meant -60% obviously. Still doesn't change the fact that a lot of people neglect their chaos-res, and then get killed by any boss or mob that doesn't just deal chaos over time damage but direct chaos-damage. Usually you could avoid those specific bosses/mapmods, but with the airstrike-birds that has changed a bit and people get surprised by taking huge chunks of damage.
Some think they may be bugged, but I actually think it's just the mob sending those airstrikes out when dropping below certain health-thresholds, so killing it quickly with multiple hits will spawn multiple birds at the same time, basically shotgunning you. Oneshotting the rare or on red-beasts its less noticeable.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Since Grunker has abandoned me, I must ask the thread for advice.

How much of a mistake is it to fight (regular) atziri on hc? I'm playing gc totems and currently have 4K hp with mom, 10k-ish tooltip dps with charges up.

Also got a new record with this char, beat my first yellow map :3

T. Reich

Arcane
Since Grunker has abandoned me, I must ask the thread for advice.

How much of a mistake is it to fight (regular) atziri on hc? I'm playing gc totems and currently have 4K hp with mom, 10k-ish tooltip dps with charges up.

Also got a new record with this char, beat my first yellow map :3

Atziri is still mostly a mechanical challenge, rather than a gear check (being merely a lvl70 zone and all).
If you have experience with Atziri, you wouldn't even be asking such questions with your current set-up - you'd go and kill her.
If you don't have experience with Atziri bosses, 4k life (even with MoM) seems awfully low - you can get chunked by the titty bitch rain of doom, or by Atziri's shit.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dunno, with gc totems(and enough damage) I was destroying her even before she cast any dangerous spells.
But, yeah, her flameblasts and lightning stroms are deadly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom