Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So... World of Tanks 1.0 has now been officially released.

Don't be fooled, only thing that changed is slightly prettier graphics, it is still the same shit game.

But since WG finally got their big 1.0 out, of course that needs marketing. But how comrad? Well Vladimir, in the great Satan Amerikwa they have this big thing Twitch, da? We pay much vodka and potato to big boss streamer, they play our game and we get new customer!

They were given best types of press accounts which have an ability to select maps where you want to play (yes, there's such feature, only 2 Russian streamers have it and they can only use it when making Youtube vids), they were also given 250.000 gold, but 0 freaking credits.

Yes. Not only they found the biggest douches on twitch (DrDisrespect who got caught cheating on his wife), they picked guys who have no clue on how the game works ...

...and they gave them test accounts that have no credits.

WG never change.

Meanwhile the few actual players they have are not impressed by the bug riddden, imbalanced mess.

Fuck this game.

aron searle

Arcane
Nice hyperbole.

Game is still the same game because what did you expect.

Maps are all changed and most are much more balanced. Overall great improvement. However, yes, some shit fests like paris are still in the game.

Game runs on higher settings on my potato computer with a higher frame-rate than before and more stable. Sure some people have bugs, fucking modern PC gaming man.

Game is still not pay to win and it is completely viable to play free. only a few premium tanks out of 100s are OP wallet warrior shitfests.

Form your own fucking opinion and stop watching twatter accounts. Who the fuck cares that they gave some twats on twatter some free stuff.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Nice hyperbole.

Game is still the same game because what did you expect.

Maps are all changed and most are much more balanced. Overall great improvement. However, yes, some shit fests like paris are still in the game.

Game runs on higher settings on my potato computer with a higher frame-rate than before and more stable. Sure some people have bugs, fucking modern PC gaming man.

Game is still not pay to win and it is completely viable to play free. only a few premium tanks out of 100s are OP wallet warrior shitfests.

Form your own fucking opinion and stop watching twatter accounts. Who the fuck cares that they gave some twats on twatter some free stuff.

Are you insane mate? You barely make any money on premium on Tier X, based on team, or if you go Unicum on them. After and including Tier V, the game its not possible to play without premium. Also its pay to win, premium ammo that destroy the core gameplay which everybody uses...

- overpowered premium tanks every month (ranging from 30 to 70 euros)
- premium ammo that ignores in most of the cases armor (much higher penetration) bought with gold
- even with a premium account if you get in retarded teams(which you will 70% of the time) at Tier 8-10, you loose credits.

Gays! Its not pay to win! These belarus or it was failkraine? (cyprus HQ now ...) scumbags are worse than EA + Activision.
Repetitive arena garbage with a horrible community, and boring shit gameplay. At least the World of Warships has that competitive thing league, where the matchmaker is a bit better.

aron searle

Arcane
Of course you don’t make much money on tier 10. That is a deliberate mechanism to keep people playing lower tiers (otherwise lower tiers would die). You might disagree with the reasoning but it’s got fuck all to do with ‘pay to win’.

And I make some money at tier 9 without premium, so bull that you can’t play beyond tier 5 without prem.

As to the rest. I play mostly for free, maybe buy the odd premium account time when I grind a new line, and i play with non premium tanks (only premiums being the free reward tanks). I manage fine.

Gold ammo can be bought with silver and as long as you only fire a few rounds you can afford it with a free account. Or pick a tank that does not need prem ammo like most Brit tanks.

Basically you suck and need to blame ‘pay to win’.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Maps are all changed and most are much more balanced. Overall great improvement.

45%er bob detected.

Maps are changed and the most of the changes are absolute cancer. Last night session I was able to pull off a 80% WR in god damn Jagdpizda, over 20 games.

-Abbey: beach side tunnel is even worse now, you can't exit it anymore. Castle entrances reduced from North pawn.
-Cliff: north spawn cannot get free shots from the middle, south spawn can. South spawn still has their sniper nest to cover hill.
-Fisherman's Bay: absolutely retarded sniper nests for South spawn, free bushes to spot heavies going for city (w. hard cover to fall behind to)
-Mines: encounter is still broken, on standard south spawn is fucked if they are not fast enough to get hill.
-Steppes: why the fuck you would add sniper nests at redline for the only part where a push was viable Jesus Christ!
-Fjords: absolute trash now. New sniper position in the middle makes any sort of push suicide, when you combine it with all the flattening they did.
-Erlenberg: oh my god it is fucking trash now. Worst by far. Red line sniper nests w. open fields.
-Karelia: south side got flattened so bad that going there on Assault is sucide. You expose your entire hull to fire now.
-Prokhorovka: the fucking went and flattened both the middle AND the hill. Active scouts in the middle expose their hull, hill on north spawn is suicide.

and new map Glacier: armoured TD's hull down, in cover. Play middle or lose (good luck getting your team to do that).

In general the new WG design philosophy is:
- simplify maps (remove alternative routes, make corridors into tunnels)
- reduce tactical options (add rocks on all the hills so you cannot exit safely)
- flatten maps so effective hull down is not possible
- add small piles of rubble that are good for covering LFP, but only the LFP

Sure, some of those changes can seem good if you are mediocre player, especially if you like your Russian heavies.

But as a whole, they are cancerous. The meta of the game is changed, again for the worse. Expect even more one sided battles that are decided simply by the initial positions your team chooses and the tank line-up the MM produces. Active pushes expose your tanks to redline camping TDs and artillery, while locking yourself to an arty safe tunnel most likely costs the game if enemy pushes the other tunnel.

Imagine yourself playing something like a Pershing in the new maps. You can't effectively hull down any more, you don't have the flexibility of reacting to game developments since the maps are flattened and certain pushes are suicide.

Meanwhile the shitter bobs are happily camping in the newly added sniper nests at redline, getting one or two shots off. GG WP.

Here, I present you the redesigned Kharkov map fresh from Supertest.

3nsfpow6seq_orig.jpg

Thane Solus

Arcane
Of course you don’t make much money on tier 10. That is a deliberate mechanism to keep people playing lower tiers (otherwise lower tiers would die). You might disagree with the reasoning but it’s got fuck all to do with ‘pay to win’.

And I make some money at tier 9 without premium, so bull that you can’t play beyond tier 5 without prem.

As to the rest. I play mostly for free, maybe buy the odd premium account time when I grind a new line, and i play with non premium tanks (only premiums being the free reward tanks). I manage fine.

Gold ammo can be bought with silver and as long as you only fire a few rounds you can afford it with a free account. Or pick a tank that does not need prem ammo like most Brit tanks.

Basically you suck and need to blame ‘pay to win’.

lol. I had around 60% at some point, far from beeing tomato, but when defending your shit favorite game, lets call names.

Having the ability to buy ammo WITH SILVER, doesn't make the game fine, is still shit because of the ammo that destroys the core gameplay, balance is still shit because overpowered cash grab tanks, shit matchmaking and horrible maps. I played this shit game, since closed beta, a few months each year, until i gave up on these retardo developers. They are pretty good with the engine upgrades tho, the rest...

Its nothing wrong with you enjoying the game, but its a broken one, unbalanced and a clear cashgrab.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Don’t actually consider myself that special but good enough that you can’t try to invalidate my view with crying tomato

Even though I was being sarcastic with the 45%er remark... Well good for you then.

Most truly good players are pissed off by the changes because they are harmful for the game. Or at least for the gameplay of those players who want to play active and have an major impact to the result of the match.

Meanwhile WG core audience seems to be the people who put blinds on their eyes and drive down to the beach on Overlord.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/frontline-episode-4/

First of all, we reworked Airstrikes. Our statistics show that this is one of the least popular Combat Reserves. Obviously, this is due to Airstrikes not causing serious damage to enemies. If shells don't penetrate or simply don't hit targets, then your opponents are only stunned and receive “a slap on the wrist”.

Therefore, we want to make Airstrikes a more attractive

:badnews:

It is official, those fucks in Cyprus are just trolling the player base at this point.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
People who win 45% of the games they play. In a 15 v.s. 15 game.

I.e. people who are able to consistently have a crucial contribution to the overall performance of the enemy team.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Stopped playing million years ago, I see they buffed Leo 1 finally

But any stream I watch still doesn't make me want to play:
- Still terrible grind
- Still terrible low level tenks
- Tiger 2 still suffers
- Arty still sucks
- FV9000+ one-shotting things
- Maps with TD nests on both sides what is this cancer

At least they nerfed fapanese nobrainers and buffing some old tanks, but it is still world of suffering, still armsrace, overpowered pay to win premiums, and now, hory shit, even incredibly smart BOTS ON ARTILLERY. wowsies.

and owners of bots actually treat players who use their bots better than WG treats its own forums.

Maybe in 5-10 more years, when they rebalance low levels and remove crew grind.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
- Still terrible grind

The normal grind is pretty much gone tbh, you get daily 3x XP you can toggle (so you can cherry pick your best wins), you can buy 5x XP on victory missions, you got 300% XP boosters you can activate, you even get an extra 10%(?) XP for platooning. Oh, and you can get random tank blueprints that let you unlock the tank for free.

All the quality of life improvements towards eliminating grind tell us that in WGs projections WoT is truly dying.

The new premium subscription is a thing of genius though, you get an extra map you can blacklist, which makes it instantly a must buy. Now if only you could also toggle of games with arta...

Oh, but about the grind. There is that Frontline thing going on. The tier 8 play-for-fun mode that we had a year ago. It was fun and relaxing. No stress, no stats, decent credits and chance to grind your shit tier 8s.

So WG being WG, they just had to fuck with that. Now we have a monthly week-long event that has prizes of unique tier 8 and tier 9 tanks.

At my git-gud level of playing it takes me roughly 10 hours to "rank up" so that I can get the rewards. So once a month I have to grind the same game mode in the same map for a solid 10 hours. To get a reward tank that I don't even know if I'll want (fuck you WG I swear if it is a slow heavy or a shit ass turretless TD I'll cut ya).

Everything WG touches turns into shit.

PROTIP: go play War Thunder

War Thunder still is wonky-ass-donky physics wise. Not saying WoT is good, but at least it can be fun to play as a pew-pew racing car game.

If only they made a single player version of WoT. With a campaign or even with shitty bots.

Shadenuat

Arcane
+1/-1
remove team damage
remove arty
rework bushes so I could see japanese superheavy before I crush into it on full speed
sixth sense to everyone + rework crews

there's a lot of stuff which is just for butthurt in WoT

as one of the lead designers said when meeting with youtubers: иногда надо пострадывать (sometimes you gotta sufferabit)

seen their new roleplaying system, dude does 4k+ assist, out of total 800 xp gets 100 xp for assist :shittydog:

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
In Ranked Battles the role XP is GREAT!

A heavy tank gets extra XP for bouncing shots and doing damage on close range. Light tanks get extra XP for... uh... first spots? I've legit had games where I do 4k assist in a med and some asshole in a HT (who does the same amount of damage/kills as I do and none of the assist) gets 100-200 XP more than me.

BTW, they are now selling golden Type 59's for 100€. And they are going to sell straight crew XP boosters next. 20-30k instant crew XP on a crew member.

Gotta milk those whales bone dry.

Shadenuat

Arcane
wg : we're gonna make another tiger II and it's gonna be great
me: finally !
wg: it'll be a tier 7
me: now that's awesome !
wg: it's gonna be a premium tank
me: fair enough i guess we can't have 2 standard tiger IIs
wg: it's gonna be american
me : make sen....wait what ?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2021/0...nager-quits-alleging-toxic-corporate-culture/

Everything Wargaming touches at the moment seems to turn to shit
If you’ve been having a bad few weeks, and really in 2021 who hasn’t been, it’s important to sit back, take a deep breath, take stock of your surroundings, and realise that you’re probably making smarter decisions than Wargaming.

We’re going to need to recap before we go any further. First, last month, players went into “open revolt” after Wargaming released a fan-favourite ship then botched its implementation, the drop serving as a “last straw” situation for a fanbase fed up with the increasing levels of monetisation being forced on the game.

In the wake of that whole mess, a Wargaming employee was suspended for sending out an abusive message disguised as a promo code:

…an employee thought this would…be the perfect time to send an insulting message hidden in a promo code about a streamer (I’ll explain this in a minute) who has had a contentious relationship with Wargaming. That streamer’s name is Turry, someone who instead of leaving Warships’ community program voluntarily was actually kicked out for being critical of the developers.

The code, sent out as a freebie to some Russian fans watching a stream of the game, was “W0LAXU5FKUTURY5″, and it didn’t take long for English-speaking players to wonder whether the “FKUTURY” was actually saying “Fuck You Turry.” That question was soon answered by Wargaming themselves, who admitted it had been intentional. “This is unacceptable. We conducted an internal audit and found that this situation occurred due to the actions of a certain employee. The employee was suspended from this job and the most stringent measures were applied to him according to the results of the audit.”

Then earlier this week Wargaming fired an employee (known online as Gneisenau013) over an earlier community debacle, one involving a ship that was supposed to be designed in consultation with some popular players but at release used almost none of their suggestions.

Now, after that firing—which the community feels was a scapegoat situation—a community manager from Wargaming’s other big game, World of Tanks, has quit in solidarity, firing off one hell of a statement on his way out. Zachary “CabMech” Doig says Gneisenau013’s sacking was, “an illegitimate and incredibly persistent campaign to unfairly scapegoat him by the leadership of his former team,” who are, “desperate to have anyone at all to blame for the most recent incident of, what I perceive to be, a toxic corporate culture perpetuating a cycle of serious errors that stretches back at least 4 years – well before his time on that team and with causes well over his pay grade.”

Doig’s full statement is below:

Hey Tankers,

I am sorry to announce that I am resigning my position as Sr. Manager of Community & Events on the World of Tanks Americas Team. I will not be appearing on any more official streams, and sadly this means I will not be attending Aquino Tank Weekend at the Ontario Regiment Museum next week (but you should definitely still go, it’s going to be awesome). I have been with Wargaming more than 5 years, and I am proud of the work that we have done, especially in rebuilding our operations after the move from Emeryville to Austin.

I am fortunate to have been given the opportunities to advance my own career and interact with amazing and passionate people from around the world. I have so much love for the brilliant and resilient people of Belarus, Ukraine, Brazil, Argentina, and other countries as a result of my time at Wargaming that it is hard to put into words. Of course, the same is true of our marvelous CC’s and the general WoT Community – I will miss even the saltiest of you.

I am making this painful decision because of the recent termination of an employee on my team that I believe to be a kind and competent individual for reasons that I personally perceive to be an illegitimate and incredibly persistent campaign to unfairly scapegoat him by the leadership of his former team that in my opinion) is desperate to have anyone at all to blame for the most recent incident of, what I perceive to be, a toxic corporate culture perpetuating a cycle of serious errors that stretches back at least 4 years – well before his time on that team and with causes well over his pay grade.

The team member in question did make mistakes, and when asked to apologize for them publicly despite having left that team he stepped up and did so like the honorable individual he is. In spite of this, senior members of that team, in my opinion, waged an unrelenting backdoor campaign to get him terminated from my team. I can only describe this behavior as cowardly, contemptible, and shitbird-like.

There is more separation between our teams than is probably obvious to the public eye, and I sincerely hope that this incident represents a unique incursion of that culture into the Tanks team. I urge you not to judge the company as a whole by these actions, for there are thousands of dedicated employees at Wargaming truly working hard every day to bring you the best experience possible. Wargaming contributes a lot to the living history of armored vehicles, and at least in my experience treats employees very well. While my journey with World of Tanks is over, I am confident that my team will recover and begin a successful new era in short order.

Thank you all so much for letting me be a part of it,

Zachary “CabMech” Doig

If you’re gonna go out, go out calling your bosses “cowardly, contemptible, and shitbird-like.”

Wow. I am shocked! Shocked, I tell you :D

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Anyone play this? It seems to me it's pay to win even more than earlier :/ War Thunder is just more fun - WoT feels like League of Legends.
I started to play this again from time to time. Last time I played was in 2013 and the game feels pretty bad right now. I got into the game because it featured legendary WW2 tanks, now most of the tanks are as real as battlemechs from mechwarrior. Because of that the game lost it's charm. The devs also like to nerf existing tanks when they introduce the new ones, so people start grinding those. ATM Swedish tanks seem to be the best. Gold ammo spam is unreal, because it's not really gold anymore, which makes slow heavy armoured tanks kinda useless. The matchmaking got worse(which I thought was impossible) and results in battles, that end in one minute because the other team is so much better(or rather way less worse) than another. Also half of the tanks are now premiums. Premiums used to be rare and they were worse than the regular tanks, they would just earn more silver. Now some premiums are just pay to win. Like Bourrasque, which is a medium tank with an autoloader, but is smaller and faster, than many light tanks. Also those wheelies are annoying as hell. The game overall now feels like wargaming is trying to squeeze money from the player at every step. They were not particularly humble before, but now it's even worse.
WoT used to be a good game. Are there any private servers preserving the golden era?
Bring back 0.7.0 - the most :obviously: version. (or atleast 0.8.0 for physics)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Oh wow.

World of Tanks operations in Russia and Belarus will be transferred to Lesta Studio
Over the past weeks, Wargaming has been conducting a strategic review of business operations worldwide. The company has decided it will not own or operate any businesses in Russia and Belarus and will leave both countries.
Effective March 31, 2022 the company started the process of closing its studio in Minsk, Belarus and transferred its live games business in Russia and Belarus to local management of Lesta Studio that is no longer affiliated with Wargaming. The company will not profit from this process either today or going forward. Much to the contrary we expect to suffer substantial losses as a direct result of this decision.
Going forward, in all other countries Wargaming will continue to operate World of Tanks as before. The game servers will be operating as usual, and players' accounts, as well as their in-game property accumulated through purchase or any other means, will remain unchanged.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/wot-operations-update/
https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2022/0...the-eu-realm-new-eu3-eu4-servers/#more-129118

RU players, if the migrate, will lose their nick if someone on EU has it. Oh boy.

Sounds pretty dumb to punish innocent customers simply because they were born into the wrong country over things they have no control over.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Sounds pretty dumb to punish innocent customers simply because they were born into the wrong country over things they have no control over.
They still can keep playing as before, if the choose so. It is all about the money, this mysterious new company will keep operating in Russia. Meanwhile the new WG servers are moved to outside of Russia, and RU servers outside Russia probably shut down.

The bigger thing is that they are relocating their employees out from RU and Belarus.

And now there will be three independently developed versions of WoT...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom