Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Say one GOOD thing about a SHIT game

MSP

Educated
I have found RPG Codex thanks to "prestigious" magazines reviewing crap such as F3, ME, DAO as great games.

I kept thinking "Come on, there must be some voice of reason on the internet; that will expose these games for the crap they are".

Codex' voice of reason is a bit crazy, but hivemind's opinions on RPGs are not that far from mine.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
Fallout 3 had some pretty amazing people playing it. I hear there was this one guy who went by MilesBeyond that checked it out once. He's pretty cool and doesn't afraid of anything.

Santander02

Arcane
Liberty Prime was actually pretty cool. Would have been better if it were actual communists he was exploding.

Last edited:

Okagron

Prophet
Oblivion - I like the twist in the Dark Brotherhood questline that your killing assignments were being changed to members of the Black Hand of the Dark Brotherhood. Didn't honestly see it coming.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Shitty games in general:
I can stop playing any shitty game and not need later to ask myself: Why I haven't finished it ? (which I tend to even with good ones).

One shitty game in particular (ok maybe not shitty for it's genre but the genre as a whole is shitty):
Diablo 2 had some really cool people playing it online (battlenet) long, long time ago. After all this years I still maintain sporadic contact with one.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Fallout 4 has neat Pip-Boy and in-game apps
Contra Hard Corps has an evil ending, quite unseen in action games
Mass Effect gave rise to mans1ay3r's best ytps
Ultima 9 is one of the best Spoony's review

Dux

Arcane
Motherfucker, Gothic III had that slide-down-any-decline physics locked down and I bit my lower lip whenever I hill-surfed. No doubt.

I don't have anything good to say about shit games. I don't have anything good to say about good games, either.

barghwata

Savant
Oblivion while shitty was rather hilarious and charming, i was either laughing at the writing, the radiant IA or the incompetence of the developpers throughout my whole time playing the game.
Also the dark brotherhood and thieves guild questlines are quite fun.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
You can play Kingmaker if you can't get enough of Fluent's avatar ...

Deadfire features a giant giant statue.

Numenera was developed for the PC platform ... (was that really a good thing though ?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom