Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft 3

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Blizzfag butthurt detected. It is as black and white as I said. I did say the balance was well developed. It was so developed that most of the shit in the game is useless because it's not competitive.

I wouldn't listen to metallix when it comes to Blizzard games, he wears blinders. He once tried to argue that the Protoss Scout was a great unit and wasn't underpowered because he couldn't bear to admit that Starcraft isn't perfectly balanced.

Hory

Erudite
Yeah, but Protoss carriers are overpowered, and they make up for the Scout. So on average, it is balanced. Mathematics 101.

Nedrah

Erudite
Well, drop me or Jarlfrank a PM when you're up for a game and / or look us up on Bnet, as I said, Northrend. Might want to add us to your friends list and give me a whisper when I'm on. Alternatively, if you use icq or msn, pm me your details.

Atrokkus

Erudite
He once tried to argue that the Protoss Scout was a great unit and wasn't underpowered because he couldn't bear to admit that Starcraft isn't perfectly balanced.
I never said it was a *great* unit per se, I said I saw it used in professional games (and that's a fact, though i will not bother providing you the replays of this).

Anyways, it's off-topic.

Dudes, I have a better idea. Why don't we play some 2x2 assigned team matches on europe bnet? Also could use skype or teamspeak at the same time (teamwork is best when audiochats are employed)? Would be pretty awesome. Though I can go for duels as well, of course (i'm pretty rusty these days though).

Nedrah

Erudite
Jarl is definitely using TFT, played a few games with him.
He's still learning, but does so at a speed I personally find quite amazing.
Anyways, are you sure you actually are playing on europe?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nedrah said:
Jarl is definitely using TFT, played a few games with him.
He's still learning, but does so at a speed I personally find quite amazing.

Thanks.

Metallix, if you can't find me, just give me your username and I'll try to look you up on bnet. Would be fun to play a little 2v2 match together.

Lingwe

Liturgist
I'd be willing to play a game if you would like to. Although I've never used battle.net before so I'm not sure how to go about it. I've created an account named Lingwe but I can't see how to find your accounts.

Nedrah

Erudite
Lingwe said:
I'd be willing to play a game if you would like to. Although I've never used battle.net before so I'm not sure how to go about it. I've created an account named Lingwe but I can't see how to find your accounts.

You can add us as friends in bnet, so you'll be alerted when we come online etc. But the easiest way would be to just give us your icq/msn details, so we can get together for a few games.

Lingwe

Liturgist
Okay I got an ICQ number 402929114. Where do I click to add you as a friend in bnet?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Awesome. I fixed my problem with bnet and managed to fracture my arm yesterday, so I'm in a cast till next week. I'll add you guys as friends though. My acc is kennythebear.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I tried playing in northrend but the lag there is just crazy. I'm on U.S East now so if anyone wants to catch up there my acc is kennythebear.

Nedrah

Erudite
Marcelo21 said:
I tried playing in northrend but the lag there is just crazy. I'm on U.S East now so if anyone wants to catch up there my acc is kennythebear.

Looks like us european/russian guys won't be of any help to you. Good luck :)

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I'm getting the hand of it pretty quickly. I'm using a strategy with ghouls and necros that seems to be working pretty well and I found a brazilian guild to help me out. If you guys ever want to play a game just let me know.

Got into it again more recently, playing as Undead as usual. Never played all that much on b.net, but it's still pretty much the only game I ever played online pretty regularly. At least for my own standards. Played it with a bunch of friends just last night. It's as crisp a game as it has ever been, and there's a demo available as well.

Didn't quite beat single player nor did I really get good at regular competition. I'm in love with DOTA and played the hell out of Tower/Maze Defense.

Speaking of which, both Dota and TD are growing in popularity and are getting mainstream releases in their genres in the future.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
YEah I just saw that demigod game is coming out. I'm not much into dota but who knows t might be good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom