Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

It's time.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I came to the Codex about ten years ago, already well past my prime compared with the median age around here. Some may remember that I started off with a bang, gracing these halls with a long post extolling the virtues of The Shivering Isles expansion pack for TES IV: Oblivion. Ah, the memories.

Since then it's been a roller-coaster ride with many ups and many downs:

- I was made moderator at one point then not long after was demoted from being a moderator because I attempted to remove non-.gifs from a .gifs-only thread

- An Unreal Tournament match between Menckenstein and I turned into a world-wide event, with the infamous meme 0-13 having been born

- I was made a moderator of the Sports subforum then eventually made moderator of all of the General Discussion forums, thanks to Infinitron, after apparently having earned Codex' trust again

And there were many more events throughout my tenure here. Some epic battles, tales of love and life and lurid fantasies.

But now it's time for me to go.

The reasons behind this decision are two-fold:

- Number one is simply the time I've been here. Sticking with something like Codex this long when you're my age is simply unnatural; I really don't fit in here all that well and my age is often an all-too-easy target for my detractors. I'm tired of that.

- The second reason is that I need to move on. Things are changing in my life and I need to focus on them instead of this place. I spend far too much attention and waste far too many hours here, taking away from the productivity I should be dedicating to my eventual retirement. I'm not getting any younger.

So this is goodbye, but I hope I will not be forgotten. I've made many friends here and possibly just as many enemies, but I want each and every one of you to know that you've all become a part of my life, for better or for worse. I wish none of you any ill will; in fact, if you had ever gotten a chance to meet me in person, any one of you -- yes, even the likes of Liberal or Lhynn or Barnabus -- would have been greeted with a firm handshake and a welcoming smile. Maybe someday I'll actually have the opportunity to see that through.

Take care, may God bless you all, and this is The Old Man, signing off.

Adieu.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
crispy waking up: "damn I got a great aprils fool. I'll fool everybody!"

*makes this crappy thread*

tomorrow: "guys I'm back, lol! fooled ya"

*everybody are disappointed*

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
me 2, been getting laid WAY too much lately, no time for this site.

also I never liked RPGs anyway besides skyrim 3: morrowind

here's a farewell meme haha:

success-56a9fd1f3df78cf772abee09.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom