Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tech, cyberpunk and conspiracies!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been going through the Deus Ex games, old and new and now I'm looking for more in the same style. Not necessarily gameplay, but theme. With that I mean, weird tech, cyberpunk and conspiracies!

I'm hoping you guys will come up with some prestigious tips!

I will list some games that I think fits the bill to get the show started:

• Technobabylon - Point and click adventure set in a corrupt dystopian super high tech society.
  • Seven: The Days Long Gone - Top down stealth adventure set in a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk world/prison planet.
  • The Technomancer - Third person action adventure RPG set on Mars where war have raged for many years which have formed the people into a brutal techno-religious society.
  • Satellite Reign - Top down strategy set in very Syndicate inspired corporate controlled world/city.
  • E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy - FPS/RPG set in a surreal world with mutants and corporate ninjas.
Tips(that fit the bill) by prestigious Codexers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Falksi

Arcane
I loved The Technomancer & Technobabylon (aint played the other 2, just adding them to the Wishlist now), but found Dex to be just too by-the-numbers tbh. The text & conversations really didn't feel as if they mattered.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Blade Runner adventure game is an obvious choice
Hell A cyberpunk Thriller probably qualifies
System Shock games?
Maybe Gemini Rue?
Syndicate and Syndicate Wars?

Oh I forgot,all the Shadownrun games are in this category too

Last edited:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

SiN is also a decent one, IIRC this Episodes bundles include both the first game and the first episode of the cancelled episodic sequel.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It's a platformer by Primordia's coder. I love him and think the game is really neat, and it is indeed cyberpunk, but I'm not sure it suits what you're looking for. It's cheap though, so what's the harm checking?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Something you've never played: The Creed.

It's p clunky, but if you'd like a weird mix of Resident Evil and GTA wrapped into a cyberpunk package, then by all means give it a try. EDIT: Fuck, missed D_X's post.
Another game that would fit the bill might be Cybermage Darklight Awakening. Haven't played this one either, only found out about it because some people were talking about it here on the 'dex. Here's an old thread about it :http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...n-oldies-cybermage-darklight-awakening.25263/ - thread also has some info on how to configure dosbox to run it. I've actually had the game sitting on my drive for a bit now, but haven't gotten around to actually installing it :decline: hopefully I'll remember to get to it in the near future.
Cybermage is alright, but the mouse control is rather awkward.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Invisible Inc. has your cybertech decked guys breaking into evil corporations to steal their weapons, agument themselves with cybertech or gather intel. You have an AI that uses programs to hack computers and it has amazing stealth. Roguelike mechanics, extremely variable difficulty settings and procedural level generation guarantee fun for many hours.

Its one of my top 5 games of all time.

ushas

Savant
Neat to have some themes lists.
Is it more like general or about fitting to your tastes? Because dunno about games like Uplink, Defcon, Hacknet...

Also you didn't mention Beneath a steel sky, I guess it qualifies.
Really enjoyed this adventure.

A few that haven't seen mentioned (from to-play list, aka haven't played)

Neuromancer
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/neuromancer-pt
-- based on Gibson's book
neuromancer_4.gif

Gunpoint

https://www.pentadact.com/2013-06-05-gunpoint-is-out-its-9-it-has-a-launch-trailer/
-- a stealth puzzle platformer, espionage (though not sure if cyberpunk)
gunpoint2.jpg

I have no mouth and I must scream
https://www.gog.com/game/i_have_no_mouth_and_i_must_scream

Anachronox
https://www.gog.com/game/anachronox

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom