Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 23: NATIONGEN Edition

What era

• EA

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • MA

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • LA

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Infinitum

Scholar
Let's. Also maybe we should just pass Muty for now and let coldcrow pick his centaurs? Pretty sure I've decided on a nation but i'll wait my turn.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Let's. Also maybe we should just pass Muty for now and let coldcrow pick his centaurs? Pretty sure I've decided on a nation but i'll wait my turn.
Or maybe we shouldn't. Whatever, you can pass me for the game if this is going to be your attitude. Next time don't project and assume that everyone here is a worthless neet that can respond the second when the nations are posted. Derp.

Last edited:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
OK browsed through the thread but I can't figure out who picked what so I'll go with Raqris.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Or maybe we shouldn't. Whatever, you can pass me for the game if this is going to be your attitude. Next time don't project and assume that everyone here is a worthless neet that can respond the second when the nations are posted. Derp.

comrade pliz

don't

pliz

(I understand work-related problems, lemme say that Decline20 and its hilarious shenanigans are the result of an ... interesting work schedule they dumped on me, pick your time and don't get angry for random comments, pliz)

OK browsed through the thread but I can't figure out who picked what so I'll go with Raqris.

Oh thank God

Also, I will literally kill anyone picking Raqris.

OH FUCK RUN

How I imagine the last, dreary seconds of Comrade Muty

(Airdropping a tank is hilarious)

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Yeah ignore previous post , I was a bit stressed at work and got pissed that infi posted that exactly when I was writing my first response that I'll check it after work.

But yeah anyway got back home yesterday and I seriously didn't have time to open the dex to check if the game started, because I was too busy passing out from driving the whole day.
:despair:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
It wasn't my turn to pick, so you can keep yer Raqris. Fair is fair.

I'm gonna kill you nonetheless
I seriously missed your big bolded post about it. Anyways I guess Zris also looks nice...

Dayyālu

Arcane
I seriously missed your big bolded post about it. Anyways I guess Zris also looks nice...

RESIST RUSSIAN OPPRESSION CHOOSE FREELY

wwcefm.jpg

BETTER DIE AS A FREE MAN

mondblut

Arcane
Sidhes riding panthers! Sidhes riding great bears! Sidhes riding giant spiders! Sidhes riding lizards! Sidhes riding wyverns! Sidhes riding ur mom! If the sidhes of Comhich see something, they ride it!

I run a small test game, teh funny happened. I prophetized a wyvern-riding scout, shortly after he got killed, leaving wyvern in his stead. A prophet wyvern. The dumb lizard knew no holy magic to cast, but it was sacred, permablessed and had the prophet tag (and I couldn't appoint another prophet ofc). It could also lead a sizable army, unlike the prophet who rode her.

I can just picture the sidhes riding everything trying to fathom the ayats from the shapes of their holy prophet's excrements. Or maybe the signs from thee Lord were deduced by the wyvern's choice between feeding bowls, like modern peoples are prone to?

(I really, really wish for special sacred elite troops of sidhes riding sidhes!)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I'd like to decide what Map we are playing - this will affect what pretender design I go for....

How about good ol' Valanis.

(142 Land, 21 Water, 11 Cave)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/722060/discussions/1/1489992080522226801/

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT - I'm going to swap to Caessedigh, i can't make Qurgya fucking work... and some of their bonuses like awe on a shitty old man, recall pretender bonus... is 'points' not spent into something more useful..

having guys who can cast eternal pyre out of the box is great, but i dont really understand how to play them basically.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Raqris turned out to be flawed.

:negative:

There is no use for those majestic troops when you don't have leaders capable of forming a line / double line. I'll pick sumthin' else when my time comes.

But I still gonna find and murder rape anyone picking Raqris.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I heard coldcrow picked Raqris - and he cast Astral gayness!!

28d.png

If we dont put a stop to his menace he will gayficationify everyone....

EDIT - I'm sorry, I know the game hasn't even started... i just can't help but write propaganda well written stories.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Rithki is just lacking priestly powers to be truly stronk. I'll take them anyways.

Infinitum

Scholar
I'm gonna do some last minute angsting about my choice; gimme a few hours to test.

Dayyālu

Arcane
If the sidhes of Comhich see something, they ride it!

Hawt.

I run a small test game, teh funny happened. I prophetized a wyvern-riding scout, shortly after he got killed, leaving wyvern in his stead. A prophet wyvern. The dumb lizard knew no holy magic to cast, but it was sacred, permablessed and had the prophet tag (and I couldn't appoint another prophet ofc). It could also lead a sizable army, unlike the prophet who rode her.

I can just picture the sidhes riding everything trying to fathom the ayats from the shapes of their holy prophet's excrements. Or maybe the signs from thee Lord were deduced by the wyvern's choice between feeding bowls, like modern peoples are prone to?

Quot.

Albert of Aachen,Historia Hierosolymitanae Expeditionis (legit one of my favourite authors on the First Crusade)

Albert of Aachen said:
CAP. XXXI. - De superstitione anseris et capellae.

Fuit et aliud scelus detestabile in hac congregatione pedestris populi stulti et vesanae levitatis, quod Domino odibile et omnibus fidelibus, incredibile non dubitatur. Anserem quemdam divino Spiritu asserebant afflatum, et capellam non minus eodem repletam, et has sibi duces hujus secundae viae fecerant in Jerusalem, quas et nimium venerabantur, ac bestiali more his intendebant ex tota animi intentione. Quod absit a fidelibus cordibus, ut Dominus Jesus a brutis animalibus et insensatis sepulcrum sui sanctissimi corporis visitari velit, et haec fieri duces Christianarum animarum, quas pretio sanguinis sui ab idolorum spurcitiis revocatas redimere dignatus est, cum coelos ascensurus duces et rectores populi sui sanctissimos et Deo dignos praesules et abbates praeordinaverit, non bruta insensata animalia! Sed quid mirum, si modernis temporibus hujusmodi abominationes, et tam foeda scelera, inter aliquas societates tot millium inventa sunt, quae Dominus in caput eorum reddiderit, cum temporibus Moysi et Josue et caeterorum servorum Domini in medio justorum inventa sit iniquitas, et ab eo, qui est Dominus ultionum, virga suae majestatis correpta et purificata?

Ahh, yes. Translation.

ICMoYmY.jpg

DOMINIONS: Historically Accurate In All Regards.

Infinitum

Scholar
OK THEN: My flame for Zris faltered - nothing but old mages and kind of eh troops except for the daemonkin does that. Raqris is likely better, but I'm still aprehensive what with water mages and people likely dumping cold scales. Wanted Caecnia so bad due to the all women meme and that fantastic cap-only mage (and decent evocation mages); but so-so troops backed by evocation looks losing in a game where the best nations all fly. Shela looks kind of doable with big earth and death communions (and that neverending skeletons crosspath), and the flail troop looks surprisingly decent for pale ones, but it's still one-note, earth meld doesn't hit flyers early on and fucking cold-blooded. Shenel has Bear Cavalry and Sacred Avvite Werewolves, but awful mages and despite tooltips none of the priests actually have reanimator from what I can tell.

Everything else seems shit, bar one:

CEASSIDIGH - SINOPLE BURROW

May the world tremble before their arrival.

Grimwulf Grif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom