Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
/me wakes up

yeah these look cool

They remind me of Felix Gilman's The Half-Made World. A RPG set in that, or even competently inspired by it, would be obscenely cool.

edit: the wikipedia article is hilariously bad, unlike the book

I see the resemblance now that you point it out. Being an agent of The Gun would be pretty cool. Resisting the goad could be a fun role playing mechanic.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ancient ruins, from the Wild West RPG: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KGKLr

kxUFUOE.jpg
ZhKGud7.jpg
YEK4oDM.jpg
oHc6CV9.jpg
N9ppwz9.jpg
5pzqx00.jpg
teEllcb.jpg
So4bHGA.jpg
PwUYnjK.jpg

Remnants of the Ancients - Sketches
Exploration of ancient fantasy architecture (including obelisks, tombs, statues, etc) left behind by ancient beings.

Copyright © 2017 Beamdog
All Rights Reserved

Well it would have been an interesting setting if the game was made.

Xeon

Augur
Did the devs confirm the game is canceled or is it just a guess? will be great if someone could ask the devs and hopefully get an answer if there did not.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Did the devs confirm the game is canceled or is it just a guess? will be great if someone could ask the devs and hopefully get an answer if there did not.

Gaider leaving and the art being revealed before the game is even announced, strongly implies, that the project is cancelled. Artists normally don't publish art of unannounced games (which is under NDA) if they want to get another job.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They'll probably just say "This is another concept that we were exploring", like what they said about the Planescape: Unraveled thing.

I'd love to learn more about both of those projects, though.

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
I would love to see what Beamdog does away from their comfort zone of re-releasing old stuff with barely any changes

skyst

Augur
After finally getting around to Hard West (which was excellent!) and wanting more of the setting, all of this art being from a likely cancelled game is upsetting.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I would love to see what Beamdog does away from their comfort zone of re-releasing old stuff with barely any changes
I would like to see whether they are even capable of actually creating something instead of editing old stuff.

Cael

Arcane
I don't, because like EA and Star Wars, there are always people who will automatically buy anything with DnD on it (see DnD 4th, 5th and 6th Eds). Last thing I want is a company like cuckdog (and EA for that matter) to survive on stupids.

frajaq

Erudite
why would you even give a shit if stupids buy shitty games

it's not like beamdog has a gun on your head ordering you to spend money on their stuff

Cael

Arcane
why would you even give a shit if stupids buy shitty games
Because it encourages cuckdog to come up with more shit. Soon, we will be swamped with shit. It would be mountains of shit, swiftly followed by avalanches of shit and then all you will have for breakfast, lunch and dinner would be shit. You will bath in shit, sleep in shit and fornicate in shit.

Is. That. What. You Want?

Think of the children, you selfish piece of shit!

Cael

Arcane
they're already playing Fortnite, I'm sorry
And well you should be sorry! You are such a bad parent to introduce your kids to all that shit. In my day, we had the GOOD stuff. Like Ultima and Akalabeth and Pong! None of this shitty shits of shit!

And I can't believe that some people believe I was being serious in the last post. I thought the preponderance of shit would have given it away...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does Amber Scott still work at Beamdog? She did a talk at a place near me. I was one of three people that bothered to attend. One Beamdog Fanboy(?) and her husband were with me. I asked her why she re-wrote beloved characters instead of writing new ones and she declined to answer the question. Her loser husband was giving me a death glare. She left after it was over. Her presentation was about harassment
Rubbing shoulders with the oppressed and the downtrodden?

No, to the benefit of the English-speaking world, she will not be doing any more writing, not for games at least.

I am curious, does her husband have the same planet-of-flesh shape, or does he look like something that merely got into her gravitational field at some point and now he can't get out? It's usually one of these two.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
And well you should be sorry! You are such a bad parent to introduce your kids to all that shit. In my day, we had the GOOD stuff. Like Ultima and Akalabeth and Pong! None of this shitty shits of shit!

And I can't believe that some people believe I was being serious in the last post. I thought the preponderance of shit would have given it away...
Nobody thought you were being serious. They rated your post shit because you said the word shit nine times in the post. :P

Cael

Arcane

Nobody thought you were being serious. They rated your post shit because you said the word shit nine times in the post. :P
Oh thank God for that! For a moment there, I thought the Codex's collective IQ has finally dug its way to China :D

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Oh thank God for that! For a moment there, I thought the Codex's collective IQ has finally dug its way to China :D
Well Chine does have the highest IQ on the planet.

Cael

Arcane
Well Chine does have the highest IQ on the planet.
So what does that make the relative IQ of the guai-lo who tunnelled his way there, bearing in mind that IQ is based on the average, and is not a fixed number.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom