Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Diablo 2 LoD Fun

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Ashery said:
Thor, able to describe the runechar process a bit more? Haven't heard of it and I *need* something better than Countess runs...Took me ages to get one fucking Thul rune...

Although I did to several runs on NM and came out well on xp and loot...
you need a char that's strong enough to kill Diablo in Diablo 2 Classic (not LoD!), or at least Duriel. If you convert a char that isn't in Act 3, yet, he'll be in Act1 Hell, instead.
I took an Orb Sorceress back then, backup spell was firewall with one point mastery iirc plus one point in thunderstorm and lightning mastery and static obv. Equipment was some nice classic stuff (if you're oldschool you probably know what). Twitchthroe for nice 25% extra block plus 20 stat points (10dex for the knife, you don't need dex for block in classic fortunately, 10str for stuff), that unique knife with 50%fast cast and 10prisma res, fast cast rings, amu, unique frostbrand (to get about 600mana at least), rare helm or that unique darksight helm with 15prisma res, cant remember, rare fast run boots with resists (the unique boots with prisma res are good, too), rare shield with extra block or maybe it was just a 3diamond tower shield, cant remember.
The good thing is, you can static each enemy to almost one hitpoint in classic, then you just need a finisher.
I leveled her to Level 70 or something. If you have a char for backup that can help with Travincal, it's good, else that part can take a bit with a solo sorceress or you just do the rest with an enigma hammerdin in LoD. ;)

Then you need so called gatechars for Act2, one for each difficulty. These gatechars have quests 2-5 in Act2 so Duriel's grave will be open. These will make a game after you killed the summoner for the runechars in a previous game, after opening the game they leave the game and the runechars will come in.
Act 3 is business as usual, do Travincal, the chars have to stand somewhere in Travincal near the bad guys, though, so take care they won't die (tricky). Maybe level them up beforehand to level 8 or so (level 8 means imbue quest ;)). Then teleport to Mephisto and make a tp right at the portal, get the runechars through there.
Act 1 and 4 are selfexplanatory.

After you are done and have the rune chars in Act4 or at least Act3 Hell convert them to LoD. Get your runes for each single char plus the gems. The gems are useful if only for the money or cube recipes if you are into that, the runes for trading, making runewords or for cube recipes.
If you want you can also make Act V for the runes (barb quest). That one is tricky though, didnt always work for me (I think the runechars have to hit the last prison or something) plus the socket quest if you want (the runechars have to stand near the bad guy that needs to be killed, but its enough if they camp north of him near the stairs). Beware of the lag, though. Sockets are always useful.

I did that usually with a colleague who had multiple accounts and my sorc, runs took us about 40 minutes or so, getting the loot usually took longer. :cool: :lol:
My chars usually got the Ists, sometimes a Gul and he got Mal or Um, or something, tough luck. ;)
Maximum rune in Hell is Gul, maximum rune in Nightmare is Um, fair enough.

It's an easy way to get "rich" in Diablo2, the other way is buying stuff via ebay or being a good scammer/trader. Playing in hardcore and as a sorc is a bit advanced, though, be warned. ;)

Binary

Liturgist
Thanks to Ashery, Corpseworm and Ranger_Bob I was rushed to NM act 2 so I could get the holy freeze merc... now I'm not sure it's because he's only lvl 26, but the guy never, ever, ever turns on his aura at all... meaning that even in normal mode he dies easy.

wtf

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
My progress is gonna be a bit slow, but once I have 20 Telekinesis and 20 Teleport I'll kick Baal's ass easily.

Ashery

Prophet
I should start dumping points into Oak Sage...See if I can get my bear to break 10k hp buffed, hehe...

Globbi

Augur
I'm wondering if I should quit playing. Died again at level 54. Act 4 when 3 bosses with too many monsters for me to run appeared. And I lost all my good stuff this time.

Xi

Arcane
Made a multi-shot Bowzon, currently level 19 and in act 2. (Finally got a hold of some CD-Keys from an old friend, mine are at my studio at Uni) Anyway, if anyone wants to give me the rush, that would be badass. Or give gear, etc. Much appreciated ;P

Name is Xi-zon.
User: xi101xi

Edit: Scratch that! Fuck fuck fuck. Inwoker dood, I lagged out right as I died! Meh, I will get ya back haha

Re-Name: Xi-Asa

I've got a couple bows, but you'll need to be higher level to use them. Jasede gave me Skystrike (unique bow, level 28) a while back, and I've still got it. I also just found a pretty decent rare bow - +1 Amazon skills and +1 Bow/Crossbow skills, among other stuff. Level 38 (I think), though. I also found a Titan's Revenge a while back, but it seems no one is playing Javelin Amazons.

Xi

Arcane
Kingston said:
Bowzons won't go far without gear, they need to be twinked heavily (although if using the elemental skills they can go easier).

I kinda wanna play it.

But I kinda don't.

No worries, Xi-Zon is down for the count, right after inwoker hooked me up with a sweet bow and boots. Lol

Edit:

Making a Necro for easy gear runs first. He's at level 6 in no time anyway ;P Then I will remake an amazon. lol

Atrokkus

Erudite
The only way I'm gonna be playing from now on is probably little coop with my brother over hamachi (mostly just for the purpose of playing/chatting with him), and maybe singleplayer from time to time (want to walk through entire game with a barb zerker without any starter gear and in 8 ppl mode, gonna be tough as shit i guess). It'll be also a nice change from Bnet's latency (even if bnet itself works perfectly, my poor ISP makes it lag a bit) to zero lag of SP.

But no BNET for me as it's way too addictive...

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
was level 69, died horribly in l00t golein sewers, from unique archer
hammerinw - paladin
build was good but way too vulnerable for archers

Binary

Liturgist
made it to level 30 at last

sorry about your hammerdin inwoker. any particular reason why you died so fast? low resistances?

Xi

Arcane
My 24 Necro is dead now too. Some asshole toggled PvP in like 1 second and killed me while we were both in a cave. /sigh

I need some time before I try that again. Lame

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Xi said:
My 24 Necro is dead now too. Some asshole toggled PvP in like 1 second and killed me while we were both in a cave. /sigh

Gotta watch for that kind of stuff on hardcore. Some people make a career out of collecting ears. Be ready to hit escape->down->enter at a moments notice.

Ashery

Prophet
Lesson: Never solo as a Druid in Hell, at least when you're a summoner/hurricane hybrid...

Figured I'd try farming Countess for XP and runes.

Problem: Beginning of the fifth level, there's this wonderful LE Ghost (Immune to physical, ie 95% of my damage).

General ghost strat was to get up next to them with hurricane and use my lovely level six cold spell akin to inferno...It takes a minute per mob almost, but hey, it gets the job done...That wont work with LE mobs...I was doing well when I was standing on the opposite side of my bear in a doorway, the bear with 8k hp buffed took a long time to die, while I picked off one or two ghost...Got impatient though ;x

So, I run past a throw up a TP.

Looks alright, but fuck, more ghost...Try to do it again, only to get surrounded and gang raped by a group of Hell Clan's, or whatever they are...

*Sniff*...Poor Ary, you sexy level 64 Druid you...Should've muled his runes, damnit...

Heh, didnt realize inwoker died to...We can both start from the beginning :D

And Xi, that was me who hooked you up with that bow ;p

I might try an Amazon considering I have that unique bow with +3 all skills and +3 immolation :D Need to figure out a good spec though...

Xi

Arcane
Haha my bad, I realized that after he posted. Somehow you both said your names at the same time and I figured inwoker was you, guess not. That bow was badass too, oh well.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ashery said:
Rolled a Pally...Taking suggestions on how to spec'em...

Max Concentration Aura, Blessed Aim, Vigor, and Blessed Hammer. Put a point in Meditation and Redemption to help keep your mana up. Maybe 10-20 points in Holy Shield 'cause it's awesome. If you want an alternate attack (to deal with the 5 or so pesky magic immune animals in all of Diablo 2), put points in Charge.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Xi said:

In the Codex game, or elsewhere?

Xi

Arcane
Serious_Business said:
In the Codex game, or elsewhere?

I created my own game, was hoping to run with some other people and no one from the Codex was on. I got to NM and was PKd within like 2 minutes, lol. The worst part is that we enter this cave and I move down to start killing stuff, and bam he toggles the PvP option and I'm dead within 1 second. I seriously thought that he cheated it happened before i could react. So , hopefully it was no one from the codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom