Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Erikolaz

Educated

Europeans give me the creeps.

Honestly I was like WTF is a Neo-Nazi youtube video doing in here.
(I am german, and honestly, on first glance both look like typical east-german Neo-Nazi's, both wear black, guy is bald, woman has short hair)

Incidentally, the two guys on the right (Amadeus and Harald) are the most profiled members after Björn and Jenny. Harald has long hair: Check mate, racist. :M

maxresdefault.jpg

PanteraNera

Arcane
Incidentally, the two guys on the right (Amadeus and Harald) are the most profiled members after Björn and Jenny. Harald has long hair: Check mate, racist. :M

maxresdefault.jpg
On first glance I say from left to right, Neo-Nazi, Neo-Nazi-wannabee (wrong cloth) and a Stoner that has no idea what he got himself into but doesn't care as he is in his own world anyways.

Erikolaz

Educated

maxresdefault.jpg
On first glance I say from left to right, Neo-Nazi, Neo-Nazi-wannabee (wrong cloth) and a Stoner that has no idea what he got himself into but doesn't care as he is in his own world anyways.

To be fair, he quickly adapted to using the correct colors.

:greatjob:

Elex

Arbiter
Nothing new or spectacular

not verbatim said:
Welcome to Piranha Tank TV

I'm Jörg Pankratz and am the project lead and am also involved with story, music and sound design.
I'm Jenny Pankratz and also do story design, social media and PR.

Why do we do this?

We need to reach out to people on many different channels.

Until ELEX we didn't do this (only (snail) mail and our fan forum), but this has changed.

Our goal is to provide you with some insights on the people, who produce our games and we
also want to explain some of our decisions and design processes.

We want to be closer to the consumer / community, something we already started during the
development of ELEX - the days of the black box developers are over.

Which feedback and ideas from the community are in the game?
  • features, which a lot of people want (or features we already had on our list)
  • e.g. no motor bikes, because the streets are ruined
  • but maximal freedom (climbing roofs, rocks, ...) is back, no restrictive climbing spots
  • and the idea for the jetpack was born
  • no more corridors
  • higher difficulty (no "the customer is king, click and the monster is dead" awesome button)
  • (but their easy mode was still too difficult for the story mode players, which they addressed in a recent patch)
  • QTEs out after community feedback and he admits, that they are a bad match for their kind of games
  • Lore and atmosphere: Moar immershun, background stories, ..., audio logs, books, notes
  • Quests have now more (real) consequences, not just pseudo consequences (replayability is a key design goal)
Next time: Battle Royal mode in games and what Piranha Bytes thinks about this latest trend
BTW i think that a battle royale SETTING can be great for a PB games. (not a multyplayer game: a single player about some sort of blood sport or similar).

Gothic almost feel like a battle royale with the deadly dome trapping people inside.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Part 2 of Piranha Tank TV and answering the question of Battle Royale in ELEX:

• ELEX did win the audience award at the German Computer Games Awards.
  • Jenny has 120 hours in PUBG
  • PB isn't known for multiplayer games
  • Co-op multiplayer was planned for Gothic 1 (still visible in the database IDs of the characters (pc_hero, pc_diego, ...) but didn't work with their design goals
  • They don't won't to compromise their single player experience and would only add a mp component, if it didn't interfere with the single player mode
  • What about co-op? Currently they are playing Deadspace 3 - but say it's a different game to Deadspace 2 and not a "Deadspace" game anymore to make co-op possible. But their audience wants a typical PB game.
  • There are much less players interested in co-op games than players interested in single player. Making a coop game would make the niche they are already in even smaller
  • Jenny thinks that they'd have to simplify their quests for co-op which isn't what the PB community wants
  • Björn started his PC gaming career with Doom and Ultima Underworld
  • Björn is a physics and chemistry teacher by qualification
  • He completed ELEX 2.5 times in his free time
  • They watch people playing their (and other games) on Twitch
  • more bout Twitch next time

I like how the de-branded their coke bottle. And strange that they didn't mention D:OS (2) once.

Last edited:

exe

Augur
Is there a way to turn off going blind when you enter/exit interiors? The ingame video options do nothing.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Calan requires a small donation?

LOL am I a Suppressive Person if I don't donate now?

exe

Augur
The world seems way to big, lots of places with nothing but a few enemies. They could probably cut atleast a third of the map without losing anything. Also why the almost complete lack of dungeon/caves/mines? There was one little mine with the bandit quest, 2 or 3 tiny one room caves and a few basements. I kind of missed dungeons.

Concerning the ending
I was emotional and killed the hybrid. Neutral is when you put in the mana seed right? Hybrid just changes his mind and thats it?
What about the cold ending where you side with the hybrid? You wrecked everything the Albs and Hybrid built and then you change your mind and join them? And they go along with it?

Also why did Wardek had Jax shoot done? Did I miss the game giving a reason?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom