Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Ah, alas, there's always someone trying to spoil your efforts:
dgwlyf.png

lol what a scummy guy. Now he's naming and shaming without any real evidence to back his claims either. How petty can you get. Should be reported to KS about this as well since I doubt that their policy allows you to single out users in such a nefarious way. :M

Myobi

Liturgist
source: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2109326.msg24520608#msg24520608

Its been on there, called Zempa Coin. But for right now the Zempa project has been cancelled. We just didn't have the seed money to build enough hype around the project and those who felt it was a great project didn't actually support it.

I am instead working on MoonRunner.io and once that is off the ground (much easier project to develop than the ZUWP) it will help me generate interest in getting everything situated to revisit the Zempa Wallet project in the future and integrate it into Moonrunner.

Anyone who purchases the Zempa Coins on the WAVES DEX now will still be able to transfer them into Zempa later if we in fact get it off the ground but right now its just a token sitting on the WAVES DEX, unloved and untouched. hah

I've been caught in a situation with having two great ideas but no backing in place to support them. $500k and I'll set the world of crypto on fire. But, that wont happen so I have to do things the slow way. Smiley

I do have two developers working on Moonrunner now, so expect some big things soon. Join the newsletter for updates as they come at: moonrunner.io

Thank Diskbox over MMO-C for the share ~

Jeez, what a surprise!

rakknock

Novice
So browsing youtube. I found Jason's "Crypto Crow" youtube channel(linked below for interest).

After his "Zempa" run he is now some sort of "guru" crypto type now.

I miss the swinger version of Jason :(

Maybe he should make a scamcoin called "Greed Monger" and see how it plays out. Maybe after that he can cash out and offer proper refunds since if i understand correctly he is now the owner of the failed project once again. It would be nice to see a proper repayment.

https://youtu.be/SJBdIBlfV6s

Myobi

Liturgist
So browsing youtube. I found Jason's "Crypto Crow" youtube channel(linked below for interest).

After his "Zempa" run he is now some sort of "guru" crypto type now.

I miss the swinger version of Jason
clip_image001.gif

Maybe he should make a scamcoin called "Greed Monger" and see how it plays out. Maybe after that he can cash out and offer proper refunds since if i understand correctly he is now the owner of the failed project once again. It would be nice to see a proper repayment.

https://youtu.be/SJBdIBlfV6s

The best part of this shit, is that there will always be a couple of ducks that will fall for Appleton’s bullshit, making these poor ass scams always worth it.

PoppinBy

Educated
So, funny story really, some of you may have heard recently of Bitconnect (BCC) - an altcoin playing on the Bitcoin (BTC) name to garner favour - which recently slumped massively in value after Bitcoin itself took a tumble from its lofty heights of late.

Now, the people in charge of Bitconnect decided to lock down the exchange they manage when this happened, and all the people who held BCC were understandably a little fraught as they watched the value of their coin tumble to a tenth its prior value.
When the dust cleared the exchange was... still locked down. The people in charge had been running a scam, convincing people to trade BTC for BCC, and when the hype train hit the breaks with BTC falling they decided to finish the scam off - by keeping the BTC people have given them for what is now worthless BCC.

So anyway, the scammers ran off with shitloads of money in the form of BTC, the people who bought into it were understandably upset, and I was having a jolly old time laughing at screencaps of their subreddit thread titles and tweets and the like.

It was whilst I was amusing myself with this that I stumbled across http://zempafy.com/ after googling about bitconnect.
Having read the last few posts of this thread it seems that people were already aware that Appleton had taken a more pronounced interest in cryptocoins, but last I was aware he was idly hoping to make money out of hype to pay back kickstarter backers and more importantly make himself rich.

So when I spotted those same old images that he once commissioned for his Billy Bolts game on that site it made me really curious.

Now, unfortunately, it seems the extent to which that site is involved in Bitconnect is simply by heavily advertising it.
Of the limited adverts on that site, two placed in major locations are for Bitconnect, and that is presumably why google turned the site up in the first place for me.
I say unfortunately - I mean that in the sense that I think we'd all get a bit of a laugh to find further evidence of him scamming people, but it seems like he's probably just a hopeful hanger on.

there will always be a couple of ducks that will fall for Appleton’s bullshit
Interesting isn't it. Here's his patreon: https://www.patreon.com/cryptocrow
At the time I write this, it has 666 patrons, and he's locked down the ability for more people to become a patron. In one of the public posts on it he explains he doesn't want it to grow too large, fearing it would damage the sense of community he's fostering.
Still, there's only a single reward available by the looks of it, so unless I misunderstand how Patreon functions that means that all his patrons are paying him at least that sum, which is $29.99.
Which would suggest he makes $20k monthly from it.

Scratch that, it lets you pledge $1 or more if you want to sponsor someone without getting any of the listed rewards, so it's probably not as much as that afterall. Alas I don't think there's any way to find out how much he does make.

Still, there's a bunch of posts locked behind a paywall with titles such as "Just got my initial filings back from my Lawyer" which makes me curious. Tempted to fling a dollar his way to see what they say

Other than that, I poked around his zempa.io site briefly and looked over the handful of forum posts.
This one in particular caught my eye: http://zempa.io/forums/topic/turn-your-negative-thoughts-into-positive-ideas/
"Whenever any negative thought is coming to your mind, just blow it away."
"You have to wake it up. If you think your strategy is weak, never doubt your strategy. Even if it is the simplest strategy in a market, use it with confidence that you will succeed. You will really be successful when you are using your positive thoughts with your Forex trading."

It could just be a spambot on auto for all I know, but it could also easily be indicative of the mindset of the fools buying into the hype, or someone trying to persuade fools to buy into hype.
Whichever it is it says it all really.

EDIT:
Well, no sooner do I post all that than this occurs:
CdMYTDm.jpg

Will this be the redemption arc? The final chapter of this story? Only time will tell...

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
Roflmao, the amount of self-victimization is just delicious, the guy had 0 experience with gaming industry, “hires” someone who never developed jack-shit in his life to be “lead-developer”, asks for +30,000 dollars via Kickstart to develop one of the hardest and most expensive genres to develop that exist… not a scam, or even a failure… right.

Oh, and “serial entrepreneur”, that’s one way to put it, still glad to see him wimping over people still giving him shit over it, with any luck he will actually refund the money, all the 90,132 dollars… yeah, right.

Jigawatt

Arcane
Remember he's a conman, and even half decent grifters know you need a shill (or many, as the case now is online). Compare his pledge graph to someone with a similar amount and I would wager that over half those pledges are fake, just there to get the ball rolling. Maybe even more. I mean not only does it imply that as many people were just waiting to throw money at Crypto Crow as Metokur in the day 1/2 frenzy, but ol CC was able to sustain it an additional 3 days. Not bloody likely.

You'll also note on every single creator there's a downtick each month like clockwork (I'm giving real money to these people?) - only after he's had a few of those can you really judge if he'll be getting any income from it.

EJoe

Educated
I tried the clicker games.

1. The number of clicks goes incrementally upwards without me clicking it.

Just fancy that... a clicker game where you do nothing but watch the clicks go up by itself!

2. Not implemented.

jmD1gch.png

m9jxOiW

3. Linked to terminated account.

UrGSWbe.png

4. James, you need to learn coding by learning the basics, not buying an asset and then uploading it, then saying you need help, then months later, rinse and repeat...

There are basic bugs which you can clearly see, which you mess up basic game-play.

a) Since when does a basic clicker game have auto-increment number of points/score without clicking?
Do you not see the mistake and able to correct it?

b) If you notice, the game does nothing. Absolutely nothing. There are no multiple gifts added, no items added.

If you see other games, there should be coins dropping, which isn't the case with your game. Your game doesn't doesn't show multiple trees, multiple gifts added into the environment.

c) You didn't implement save-states. The save state back to site doesn't work and game resets back to 0-points after resetting the game.

d) No high-scores. See point c).

e) There is no fun in your games. You need to color-co-ordinate your dialogs and background environment art. Either you decide to become an artist, or developer, but not both.

f) You really need to check your coding logic. The research assistant part doesn't work, and clicking it doesn't do anything meaningful to help the overall score.

UrGSWbe

Last edited:

EJoe

Educated
By the way James, I debugged your post.
http://www.kongregate.com/users/6417994/posts#posts-11721662

Please follow the example at:
https://docs.kongregate.com/docs/unity-api

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your code #1:

public static Kongregate Instance; // <-- Please follow the example 1:1

void Start () { // please add "public" keyword as the interface call-back is external, not private.
Instance = this; <-- causes loop error because singleton class loads twice

// Remember to set the game-object name because it is "" (empty) assignment

Application.ExternalEval(
“if(typeof(kongregateUnitySupport) != ‘undefined’){” + <-- missing "@".
" kongregateUnitySupport.initAPI(‘MyUnityObject’, ‘OnKongregateAPILoaded’);" + <-- should be "
KongregateAPI"

“};”
);
}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your code #2:

// Split the user info up into tokens
var _params = userInfoString.Split(“|”0); <-- syntax error.
userId = int.Parse(_params0); <-- where did _params0 come from?
username = _params1; <-- syntax error
gameAuthToken = _params2;<-- syntax error.
Debug.LogError(“Kongregate is loaded!”); <-- doesn't mean anything. It should show username + userid which you didn't do so.
}

Quite frankly I don't know what mess you are doing because the above lines give syntax editor in Unity3d. It should be:

public void OnKongregateUserInfo(string userInfoString) {
var info = userInfoString.Split('|');
var userId = System.Convert.ToInt32(info[0]);
var username = info[1];
var gameAuthToken = info[2];
Debug.Log("Kongregate User Info: " + username + ", userId: " + userId);
}

Your code #3:

public void SendStatistic(string stat, int value)
{
if (isKongregate)// <-- doesn't work, parameter not assigned.
Application.ExternalCall(“kongregate.stats.submit”, stat, value);
else
Debug.LogError(“Kongregate isn’t loaded!”);
}

Please follow the example. If you are doing that, please use Try/Except so the error goes on-screen instead.
try {
Application.ExternalCall(“kongregate.stats.submit”, stat, value);
} catch(Exception ex) {
Debug.Log(ex....); // emit to debug-output the error.
}

If you see the docs, there's this part below:
For externally hosted Web Player games your Unity DOM element must have an ID of unityPlayer in order for the API to function properly. If you are using a different ID, you can set kongregateAPI.unityElementId to the ID of your element.

Last edited:

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Ok First of all just about EVERY clicker game I have ever played had some sort of auto incremental point gain. AdVenture Capitalist, Scream Collector, Office Space, ect.

None of the 3 games I have on Kongregate are asset flips... Sure the 3d models for the last 2 are asset store bought but big deal... The coding is all custom by me. That is what the asset store is there for... For Programmers to get assets and asset creators to get coding...

Yuletide clicker does have things added to the scene as you progress... Seems maybe you didn't play it long enough to find out...

Game Save DOES in fact work... Click the save Icon to save the game... Pretty simple. And then yes it does auto-load your progress when you come back after having saved your progress.

The research assistant was still a work in progress. I am fully aware it didn't work. My current Dev. Build though it does work.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
I checked your second question.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/4-...f-kreds-in-a-unity-game?page=1#posts-11721662

The reason why there's no popup in your games is because you are playing in Guest Mode.

In your code, the name is:
string username = “Guest”; // serious error here!
string gameAuthToken = "";

it should be:
public static string username;
public static string userId;
public static gameAuthToken;

As for this comment I really have no idea where you are getting this info from but no place in any of my scripts do I have anything like this. The Kongregate API initializes it's self in the web page. Sends back the user's info where I then use that info to login to PlayFab and grab the actual user's game info. I am not responsible for init. Kongregate or anything as that's all handled with in the web page using JavaScript and it's their Unity webGL template they provide so it should all be set up correctly. I also know it works since there are 6.2 thousand Kongregate based Accounts in PlayFab as of right now.

Deathsquid

Learned
So hang on, you were gonna make an MMO but are now gradually building up an army of clickers? How does this kind of career progression work?

GM_JamesPro

Savant
It's called taking a step back and being more realistic with what I am capable of on my own and with my current level of funding.

EJoe

Educated
James,
I got that script off here:

4HwNAEG.png

It's a snipplet from your post.

EJoe

Educated
Earth Defense Review
http://www.kongregate.com/games/JimP14/earth-defense

James tells everyone about his Space Invaders clone, something he took a day to make.

The game starts off in-game. There seems to be no Start Menu, no Pause screen and no way to pause the game.

In the below screenshot, there is no hit-detection. The space-invaders pass right through you without your ship being destroyed.

PYiA16a.png

In a normal Space-Invaders game, your score keeps increasing. Not so in this Space-invaders clone. The score goes negative when you allow the invader to go over the screen.

The health bar goes insanely high. 593947/2000, 780523/2000. That would equal to 296.97 and 390.26 extra lives. I am not sure what this person is thinking such that you have 0.97 or 0.26 extra lives... So you have 296.97 + 3, or 390.26 + 3 lives.

You can never seem to have your ship destroyed in-game. So there is no fun.

nVlqr0M.png

In Earth Defense, the aliens (red) are misaligned at the left-side. It seems like the person doing this, does not know how to align or draw a straight invisible line to ‘align’ the red dots.

Many of the buttons does nothing. ‘Store’, ‘Black Market’ does nothing.

Quest button brings up an empty window.

dHbHoIn.png

There is a black overlay behind the labels. This makes it hideous.

A developer should know basic drawing skills, although this is debatable. This developer art-skills is amateur.
A developer should focus on UI/UX skills, where UI design shines. Sadly, there is no elements of good UI/UX design in Space Invaders.

ynKWTJO.png

This developer does not know how to do UI design or simple art, nor is there any beauty in his work.

The rocket stick-drawing looks like it was hastily done. The Window has no [x] button on it. There is no way to buy the stick-drawing ship.

It is semi-transparent and sometimes gets mis-positioned, depending on your monitor resolution.

The default position is off-centre...

gdw7quO.png

So I moved it to the centre position...

sxtRy8L.png

If you have a smaller resolution, the Window’s content goes above the game window, so you cannot seem to move-it around and seems odd to have a window with no contents inside it.

K62OAi4.png

The comments about this developer’s game is mostly negative.

tROlToY.png

There are no sound-effects, no music. No volume control or on/off. switch.

There are no visual animation effects, like your ship explosions, star-field behind ship to make it pretty and interesting.

There is little effort made to make Earth Defense a complete game.

A functional high-score is missing.

There is no wave-pattern, no special ships, the enemy ships just scroll down.

There is no polishing, no attention to detail.

If this person was to submit Earth Defense, as final-year assignment,
for a degree/diploma course, it would fail.

The quality of work is below minimum standards to pass a diploma course in Programming, Information Systems, or game programming.

If this person was from an art school, he would fail immediately. The art quality is hideous.

The art teacher would probably say:
Quit before the semester starts so you can save your money!

EJoe

Educated
It's called taking a step back and being more realistic with what I am capable of on my own and with my current level of funding.

James, at your level of coding, you NEED to LEARN the basics.

rB2TvtS.png

Either you get proficient or do arts (illustration or 3D modelling)...

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Earth Defense Review
http://www.kongregate.com/games/JimP14/earth-defense

James tells everyone about his Space Invaders clone, something he took a day to make.

The game starts off in-game. There seems to be no Start Menu, no Pause screen and no way to pause the game.

In the below screenshot, there is no hit-detection. The space-invaders pass right through you without your ship being destroyed.

PYiA16a.png

In a normal Space-Invaders game, your score keeps increasing. Not so in this Space-invaders clone. The score goes negative when you allow the invader to go over the screen.

The health bar goes insanely high. 593947/2000, 780523/2000. That would equal to 296.97 and 390.26 extra lives. I am not sure what this person is thinking such that you have 0.97 or 0.26 extra lives... So you have 296.97 + 3, or 390.26 + 3 lives.

You can never seem to have your ship destroyed in-game. So there is no fun.

nVlqr0M.png

In Earth Defense, the aliens (red) are misaligned at the left-side. It seems like the person doing this, does not know how to align or draw a straight invisible line to ‘align’ the red dots.

Many of the buttons does nothing. ‘Store’, ‘Black Market’ does nothing.

Quest button brings up an empty window.

dHbHoIn.png

There is a black overlay behind the labels. This makes it hideous.

A developer should know basic drawing skills, although this is debatable. This developer art-skills is amateur.
A developer should focus on UI/UX skills, where UI design shines. Sadly, there is no elements of good UI/UX design in Space Invaders.

ynKWTJO.png

This developer does not know how to do UI design or simple art, nor is there any beauty in his work.

The rocket stick-drawing looks like it was hastily done. The Window has no [x] button on it. There is no way to buy the stick-drawing ship.

It is semi-transparent and sometimes gets mis-positioned, depending on your monitor resolution.

The default position is off-centre...

gdw7quO.png

So I moved it to the centre position...

sxtRy8L.png

If you have a smaller resolution, the Window’s content goes above the game window, so you cannot seem to move-it around and seems odd to have a window with no contents inside it.

K62OAi4.png

The comments about this developer’s game is mostly negative.

tROlToY.png

There are no sound-effects, no music. No volume control or on/off. switch.

There are no visual animation effects, like your ship explosions, star-field behind ship to make it pretty and interesting.

There is little effort made to make Earth Defense a complete game.

A functional high-score is missing.

There is no wave-pattern, no special ships, the enemy ships just scroll down.

There is no polishing, no attention to detail.

If this person was to submit Earth Defense, as final-year assignment,
for a degree/diploma course, it would fail.

The quality of work is below minimum standards to pass a diploma course in Programming, Information Systems, or game programming.

If this person was from an art school, he would fail immediately. The art quality is hideous.

The art teacher would probably say:
Quit before the semester starts so you can save your money!

It's actually pretty amusing that you would go in length about a game I spent a day or 2 on about 7 years ago and then dropped. But what you fail to tell is that where you claim I don't even know how to align ships those ships on the left are actually moving at a faster speed then the rest of the ships as I had just started implementing different types of ships when I dropped the game. As for the art I know the art sucks... I know there is no audio... I know the UI sucks... My plan when I started was to get the coding done and then if I got that far find and/or hire people to do the Art, audio, ect. Once the game was completely playable. The game started out as just a time wasting project. I had stuff going on at Church in the morning and then again in the evening so I brought my computer and was just going to spend the day there. While I was killing time during the afternoon I wanted to see how far I could get on a rather simple game in the time I had and so decided on a Space Invaders clone. I then spent another day or so expanding on what I had created during that time.

EJoe

Educated
Ok First of all just about EVERY clicker game I have ever played had some sort of auto incremental point gain. AdVenture Capitalist, Scream Collector, Office Space, ect.

Somehow those games add points more slowly than your game. True, they add points, but at much slower rate, like 10 points per minute. Your game adds too fast, or something else.

Then, there's this feature called background increment, like when you go away, a few days later, the game gives you coins automatically. This doesn't happen.

Yuletide clicker does have things added to the scene as you progress... Seems maybe you didn't play it long enough to find out...

I did.

I brought 10 gigs.
- No result on screen.

I brought 8-bit shooter (from where? Asset store?)
- No result on screen.

I brought Arcade Racer(from where? Asset store?)
- No result on screen.

I got 10 Christmas trees.
- The game only shows 1 tree. Can you make it show 10 trees instead of just one tree?

I got 5 gifts
- The game doesn't show any gifts. What gives? Is it working?

The coding is all custom by me. That is what the asset store is there for... For Programmers to get assets and asset creators to get coding...

OK, fair enough.

The research assistant was still a work in progress. I am fully aware it didn't work. My current Dev. Build though it does work.

So do you mind, erm, updating your game? I would like to see you progress, and can you kindly look into the issues I have pointed out? I would like you to fix them, and grow as a junior game developer.

If your passionate about the arts and can get a Wacom tablet, and try illustrations. Then your UI and design skills will shine.

It's actually pretty amusing that you would go in length about a game I spent a day or 2 on about 7 years ago and then dropped. But what you fail to tell is that where you claim I don't even know how to align ships those ships on the left are actually moving at a faster speed then the rest of the ships as I had just started implementing different types of ships when I dropped the game. As for the art I know the art sucks... I know there is no audio... I know the UI sucks... My plan when I started was to get the coding done and then if I got that far find and/or hire people to do the Art, audio, ect. Once the game was completely playable. The game started out as just a time wasting project. I had stuff going on at Church in the morning and then again in the evening so I brought my computer and was just going to spend the day there. While I was killing time during the afternoon I wanted to see how far I could get on a rather simple game in the time I had and so decided on a Space Invaders clone. I then spent another day or so expanding on what I had created during that time.

So... it's been several years. You're off Greed Monger now. Can you update the game? You have uploading rights to your account.

You can consider those things you upload as part of your portfolio...

Successful games = 1 good piece for your portfolio.
Unsuccessful games = no good piece for your portfolio.

How many successful games have you got?
More like nothing, and you can easily mend your reputation by fixing the bugs and errors that were pointed out.

Last edited:

GM_JamesPro

Savant

Somehow those games add points more slowly than your game. True, they add points, but at much slower rate, like 10 points per minute. Your game adds too fast, or something else.

Then, there's this feature called background increment, like when you go away, a few days later, the game gives you coins automatically. This doesn't happen.

I did.

I brought 10 gigs.
- No result on screen.

I brought 8-bit shooter (from where? Asset store?)
- No result on screen.

I brought Arcade Racer(from where? Asset store?)
- No result on screen.

I got 10 Christmas trees.
- The game only shows 1 tree. Can you make it show 10 trees instead of just one tree?

I got 5 gifts
- The game doesn't show any gifts. What gives? Is it working?

The coding is all custom by me. That is what the asset store is there for... For Programmers to get assets and asset creators to get coding...

OK, fair enough.

So do you mind, erm, updating your game? I would like to see you progress, and can you kindly look into the issues I have pointed out? I would like you to fix them, and grow as a junior game developer.

If your passionate about the arts and can get a Wacom tablet, and try illustrations. Then your UI and design skills will shine.

So... it's been several years. You're off Greed Monger now. Can you update the game? You have uploading rights to your account.

You can consider those things you upload as part of your portfolio...

Successful games = 1 good piece for your portfolio.
Unsuccessful games = no good piece for your portfolio.

How many successful games have you got?
More like nothing, and you can easily mend your reputation by fixing the bugs and errors that were pointed out.

Give me a few days. I'm working on a new build for Game Dev. Clicker and I'll see what I can do about some of the issues you have brought up. Just pretty busy in my life at the moment. My 1 year old little cousin has been extremely sick the last month and I've been babysitting her brother and sisters while she's been in and out of Doctors, ERs, ect. But this week I should be able to get some time to get some work done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom