Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Bloodlines has less reactivity and is more railroaded than most of BioWare's RPGs.

Cael

Arcane
Bloodlines has less reactivity and is more railroaded than most of BioWare's RPGs.
Well, considering you get to choose which ending you want as a sort of a multichoice question...

:D

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
So many games use RPG elements, stat progression and characteristics that are defined by those in RPGs. I start to question about whether that is the heart and soul of what a role-playing game is about.

Theldaran

Liturgist
So many games use RPG elements, stat progression and characteristics that are defined by those in RPGs. I start to question about whether that is the heart and soul of what a role-playing game is about.

Not this again. Look, try the game, if you like it then fine, who cares if it's trueblood RPG or not?

pomenitul

Arbiter
Fans tend to skew towards the more hardcore cases and they tend to be fairly resistant to change. I don’t want to paint too broad of a stroke there but RPGs can be a lot more than we have done with them so far. There’s much more than we can do and it's much more radical.

mushaden

Scholar
So many games, none looks interesting gameplay-wise :negative:
I think I will just go Skyrim Requiem or Enderal, the closest that suits my tastes. I am still hoping someone will do real mage-focused game with modern standards, something like Lichdom: Battlemage, but good.
I thought about trying P:Torment or Arcanum tho, they look interesting as well.

Big Wrangle

Text-heavy RPGs have been scientically proven to be the best outlet for writers like Chris Avellone to parrot useless details about the plot to appear more 'high-brow.' This is why Dungeon Rats is a better piece of literature than Age of Decadence, less talking is more.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
I don't see the point hoping for a companies downfall, I don't like obsidian and don't plan on ever buying one of their products again but no need to wish for their demise. Real people still work there even if most of them are idiots.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The only reason why I don't wish for Obsidian to bankrupt is so that there is the smallest glimmer of hope that Tyranny will actually receive either a sequel or a full-fledged expansion.

It could use a remaster / EE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom