Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Diablo 2 LoD Fun

Ashery

Prophet
*Cough*

God damnit...

Full life, killing the council, all FE mobs to this point have done maybe 10-20% damage, nothing major...

RIP Grumenor, 51 Pally...

More saddened by the items than anything ;x

Was on the last two mobs too...Last named council member + one of their minions. Made sure to carefully pull one or two mobs at a time...

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Well yeah, you can always grind tristram. Nice items are hard to come by, as the more Jewish players grab everything without a thought for others.

Ashery

Prophet
I wish I listened too :(

So much gear on him...Thought I was being cautious enough but I guess not. I shouldn't be playing melee toons in this lag anyways. West coast of the US to Europe, heh...

Xi

Arcane
Mother fucker!

Xi-Java down at the entrance to level 5 in countess level. Walked into a room with 15 archers all with a paladin aura, boom dead. How fucking retarded!!! Was lvl 44

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I hate Countess runs. I mean, runes, yeah!

But I SO often walk down the stairs, right into a cursed, extra fast melee boss it isn't funny.

Binary

Liturgist
Xi said:
Mother fucker!

Xi-Java down at the entrance to level 5 in countess level. Walked into a room with 15 archers all with a paladin aura, boom dead. How fucking retarded!!! Was lvl 44

Wow this was in NM mode I assume? I did Countess in NM yesterday but with a little hand to a LE boss from ... (gosh can't yet connect ingame names with forum names) ... Corpseworm

It seems to me that a few of you are in a "hurry"? I'm sure I will die eventually too, but I'm being patient and maybe because of that, still on my first char. She's almost lvl 40 and still leveling up on normal diff.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
IMPORTANT ADVICE

Don't chat while fighting.
Don't chat while fighting enemies that do 200 damage a second.
Don't chat while fighting enemies that do 200 damage a second when you have 140 life.

Ashery

Prophet
King, I know the feeling for gearing people and watching them die... :lol:

At least people you gear don't die while you're still on the mule right after you geared them ;p

And Jese forgot to mention this: Always allow others to loot your corpse, heh...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Don't worry, I had NOTHING useful. My necromancer though...

Nagelrings, Moser's Blessed Circle (2 pdiamonds in it), a Spirit sword, upgraded Goldwrap (so it has 16 boxes)... Nothing huge, but.... maaaaan. And a fucking Gull dagger.

Globbi

Augur
Wow this was in NM mode I assume? I did Countess in NM yesterday but with a little hand to a LE boss from ... (gosh can't yet connect ingame names with forum names) ... Corpseworm
Not Corpseworm! He died long ago, Yzozio is my necro now. And anyway, I have my nick in account name :P

Xi

Arcane
I'm building my new elemental druid purely for survivability. At level 22 now and he has about 230 Health.(About the same as my 44 javelin amazon - who did insane damage I might add(Soloed all of Normal)) Currently he can't kill anything quickly, but he is going to have a health pool the size of Texas and I'm hoping that makes the difference. ;P

Ashery

Prophet
Having lost two summoning druids (So I probably had more into Oak than you will), I can safely say that even with 850ish hp, you're still at risk of dying ;p

Atrokkus

Erudite
Windy druids can be a bit fragile, but hell -- the cyclone armor can absorb huge amounts of elemental damage. The problem with windies, as opposed to other casters, is that they sometimes have to stand closer to their enemies to do a lot of damage. Regardless, windy druid is one of the most overpowered builds out there, and easy if you dont have good items.

Xi said:
I'm building my new elemental druid purely for survivability. At level 22 now and he has about 230 Health.(About the same as my 44 javelin amazon - who did insane damage I might add(Soloed all of Normal)) Currently he can't kill anything quickly, but he is going to have a health pool the size of Texas and I'm hoping that makes the difference. ;P
I'm working on my own elemental druid (Ranger Bob is semi-retired). He's killed Baal in Nightmare, but I haven't taken him into Hell yet. I've maxed two fire skills (Volcano and Fissure) and am currently trying to get my wind skills up. He has few problems killing most normal enemies (Fissure obliterates large groups), but some act bosses take forever.

I really don't do a lot of magic and rune finding runs, but he's found some surprisingly decent stuff - Spirit Sword, Rhyme Shield (NM Duriel dropped a Lidless Wall which has +1 skills, but no resists), a rare +1 Druid skills amulet with Teleport charges, Stealth Armor, and a Druid helm with +3 Grizzly +3 Tornado. His merc has an Insight polearm (for huge mana regen), Blackhorn Face helmet (Lightning resist and absorb, attack slows target), and Rockfleece armor (10% damage reduction).

Ashery

Prophet
Atrokkus said:
The problem with windies, as opposed to other casters, is that they sometimes have to stand closer to their enemies to do a lot of damage.

Which is exactly why my first druid died :lol:

Now I mainly keep Hurricane up for self defense, but then again ele is by no means my main spec line.

The only problem I have on my current druid is physical immune mobs.

Binary

Liturgist
Anyone fancy killing Duriel in HM? I'm going to try the act 3 mercs - a risk I know, but I want to see how they fare in 1.12

Binary

Liturgist
Xi said:
I will help you, if you are still around.

Actually I went back to normal mode and the mercs scale up to my level so I'm not in a rush anymore

I'm level 45 and got myself a lvl 44 act 3 cold merc. They're not the weaklings they used to be and their AI is not suicidal. So I feel safer than with the act 2 holy freeze since I have this bloke that stands near me and freezes (really freezes, not just slows) enemies that come close.

Also, with the shadow doing physical damage (and the occasional fire with phoenix strike), the merc with cold, and me with lightning, we cover all monster immunes/resistances.

Last test that I will have to do is to kill a boss like Baal to see how the merc behaves.

Xi

Arcane
Ok, fuck hardcore mode. Dead to the council in act 3 to an instant death corpse explode. Was level 54 and starting to become fairly powerful. Anyway, if I keep playing it will be on normal not hardcore! This shit is too masochistic for me. That was my 5th death at around lvl 40, I'd have a badass character in normal by now.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Xi said:
Ok, fuck hardcore mode. Dead to the council in act 3 to an instant death corpse explode. Was level 54 and starting to become fairly powerful. Anyway, if I keep playing it will be on normal not hardcore! This shit is too masochistic for me. That was my 5th death at around lvl 40, I'd have a badass character in normal by now.

That's just something you need to know! Stygian Dolls = instant death if you have low (< 2000) HP on Hell, and dangerous on NM. And Fire Enchanted, or worse, Fire + Lightning Enchanted = RUN LIKE HELL.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom