Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
Now that I remembered Katrina left Obsidian for Blizzard Entertainment, I guess Feargus was right - as always- He just can't secure his personnel when your next-door neighbors are AAA. Sawyer will be leaving after some patches done too. Maybe it will be best for Obsidian to move elsewhere? Europe perhaps?

Anyone who gives a penny to Obsidian from now on is going straight to hell.
Stop low level trolling/shitposting you ottoman roach and come to face me 1on1 in my mountain region.

Look my ram, I'm an Anatolian child. If I put, you sit.

Too bad only Freekaner might get this word by word translated slang :P

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
In other news MCA just justified all the concerns we had for full VO and so late in development.

So to be clear, it’s not all on you for too much wordage for PoE1 or even PoE2. You did a companion for PoE2. I didn’t work on PoE2. It is a larger problem across both games that was unaddressed. I suspect the lead/project lead for PoE2 was lectured for going over the word count budget, but I could be wrong.

If those figures are accurate – and they may not be - the word count bloat would have become worse when VO entered the picture, which was hinted by the team as not being their decision, but instead dictated by upper management close to the game’s end date. If it was upper management, ideally, they’d be ready to accept the budget costs involved with that decision vs. blaming someone else. I’ve already made my thoughts on VO budgeting known, but it’s expensive and it can be wasteful.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
In other news MCA just justified all the concerns we had for full VO and so late in development.

So to be clear, it’s not all on you for too much wordage for PoE1 or even PoE2. You did a companion for PoE2. I didn’t work on PoE2. It is a larger problem across both games that was unaddressed. I suspect the lead/project lead for PoE2 was lectured for going over the word count budget, but I could be wrong.

If those figures are accurate – and they may not be - the word count bloat would have become worse when VO entered the picture, which was hinted by the team as not being their decision, but instead dictated by upper management close to the game’s end date. If it was upper management, ideally, they’d be ready to accept the budget costs involved with that decision vs. blaming someone else. I’ve already made my thoughts on VO budgeting known, but it’s expensive and it can be wasteful.

It's clear as day that Avellone was disgusted by the way the company was run and he tells it piece by piece in every interview he gives. Obsidian should just stop making sp games and stick with making shitty japanese mmo's and crappy tank games, oh wait, they suck at doing that too:lol:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
The thread is unravelled and we observed.

Obsidian has been sacking their most talented and bleeding out experience since they have been founded. Dysfunctional management, in-corporate politics and favouritism has led to this specific point in history, the penultimate conclusion, what we all knew was coming but did not want to believe, the dumpsterfire game of a dumpsterfire company.

May God judge them.

Generic-Giant-Spider

For maximum immersion, I'm going to be pirating this game. It's what the Critical Role cast would want me to do. Mercer made me do it.

Max Edge

I play now in second time Eternity. First time I played in 2015, but I threw out this shit because of Witcher The Great. I play again and I have stayed in Defiance Bay from a week. Its like BG, but without all colours, siliy things and romances for fourteen-years-old. I don't know why I shoud care about PEII.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Careful Iskramor, in a country with 300 000 population the Codexers are not all that difficult to identify.

If Erdogan requests your extradition, you may have to run to Greece.
He will be welcome in Bulgaria,we still don't bend like the Greece prime did with its soldiers. Also codexers will be unrecognizable in Montenegro :) ,most people on the Balkans hate kebab and don't give two shits about political correctness.
In fact Bulgaria has extradited every Erdogan opponent that had been requested by Turkey, even in breach of (Bulgarian) court rulings.

Meanwhile Greece refused to give up the Turkish soldiers that landed there after the failed coup.

So, no, don't go there if you want to be safe from the regime.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Careful Iskramor, in a country with 300 000 population the Codexers are not all that difficult to identify.

If Erdogan requests your extradition, you may have to run to Greece.
He will be welcome in Bulgaria,we still don't bend like the Greece prime did with its soldiers. Also codexers will be unrecognizable in Montenegro :) ,most people on the Balkans hate kebab and don't give two shits about political correctness.
In fact Bulgaria has extradited every Erdogan opponent that had been requested by Turkey, even in breach of (Bulgarian) court rulings.

Meanwhile Greece refused to give up the Turkish soldiers that landed there after the failed coup.

So, no, don't go there if you want to be safe from the regime.
Funny thing is that bosnia refused extradictions even being half muslim country lol.

Molina

Savant
The thread is unravelled and we observed.

Obsidian has been sacking their most talented and bleeding out experience since they have been founded. Dysfunctional management, in-corporate politics and favouritism has led to this specific point in history, the penultimate conclusion, what we all knew was coming but did not want to believe, the dumpsterfire game of a dumpsterfire company.

May God judge them.
Well, it was the same in Troïka, and yet we've had the holy child, Arcanum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom