Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Alpharius

Scholar
Any mech build advice in here? Even after quite some time in the game I can't seem to find the perfect balance between firepower, armor and mobility for my mechs.
Also whoever said that the game is easy or that the combat is simplistic, did not play the game more than 10 hours or the first big "main story" mission
(Argo retrieval)
If you go only for full damage not considering aiming specific parts, distances, heat, evasion, cover, LOS you'll get your ass blasted easily.

Still considering it a great game after 25 fucking hours which is insane due to my current time constraints. It's literally the only thing I do in my free , personal, time
Completed all story missions, the game was so easy i barely made it.

Though i guess if i didn't look at this this and this before release it might have been more fun.

Mieron

Novice
The game is tons of fun. Too much fun, unfortunately. I was supposed to write like, 10 pages for a scientific study I'm involved with during the last week. I got about half of that done, at most.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another speed modding article: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/05/02/battletech-speed-fix/

These easy, player-made speed fixes are BattleTech’s redemption

battletech-speed-fix-620x330.jpg

Two things stand between BattleTech and true greatness. User guides and videos solve the bonkers decision to not so much as hint at absolute combat necessities that make the difference between grim slugfest and satisfying tactical supremacy, but the other one’s trickier.

The surfeit of frustrating pauses and pretty but time-wasting animations surely require an official patch, right? Hope – turns out that all you need to haul BattleTech out of the quicksand is a spot of ini file editing. The difference is… well, I don’t want to let my prose get too purple here, but it’s so much closer to the turn-based mech combat game I’d long dreamed of.

I had something of a road to Damascus moment during my by-now 50 hours in BattleTech. Its unnatural delays and maddeningly ponderous moving and shooting animations were a massive barrier to enjoyment, but the amount I learned during my first 15-20 hours in its school of totally unexplained hard knocks at least meant I could make my own actions as deadly efficient as possible.

Despite this new affection, the degree to which the game wasted my time with short pauses before and after most actions and lovingly-rendered but passive animations meant I continued to seethe and alt-tab out during endless-feeling enemy turns.

battletech-speed-up-620x330.jpg

I’m far from alone there, but fortunately others pour their energies into fixing rather than moaning about problems. There’s been a question mark over whether or not the slowness and pauses are baked so deep into the game that we can only pray for official updates, and to what extent the unhurried pace is an artistic statement of intent we should respect. The answer to both those is “yeah, but if you just tweak a couple of lines in Notepad it’s all sorted out anyway.”

The most grating issue is the pauses – a couple of seconds of nothingness before and after many Mech actions and reactions, which add up to several minutes of dead time across the course of a battle. Given BattleTech’s unusually slow load times and graphics card load, it had been tempting to presume this was down to something in the game or the underlying Unity engine struggling to spin its various plates efficiently. Nope, turns out the pauses were a deliberately-made decision on the devs’ part, which is frankly bewildering. Change a couple of numbers and they go away entirely.

battletech-lrms-620x320.jpg

Found via assorted good people on Reddit, this fix involves navigating to [your Steam install directory]\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\ StreamingAssets\data\constants in Windows Explorer, then find and make a backup copy of the file audioconstants.json, before opening the original in your text editor of choice (I used Notepad++).

Find the following lines, and change the number at the end of each to 0, so they wind up looking like so:

"AttackPreFireDuration" : 0,
"AttackAfterFireDelay" : 0,
"AttackAfterFireDuration" : 0,
"AttackAfterCompletionDuration" : 0,
"audioFadeDuration" : 0,

Save, and done. Enjoy the sound of not quite so much motionless silence. You might notice that the variables changed are all to do with audio triggers, i.e. the pauses are not number-crunching, but simply, well, deliberate pauses. Sometimes the reason for this is obvious, such as, once I’ve done this fix, the way the game will sometimes jump directly to another character’s turn without my a chance to take in what happened at the end of the last one. By and large though, it’s so much better this way – as well as the simple fact of less dead time, no more motionless pauses means the game feels far more polished.

Another area of speed-based contention is mech movement speed. There’s a valid argument for the idea that 65 tons of steel staggering across a hilly landscape is inherently going to be like watching a tortoise race. It’s artistic intent, and it’s appropriate to BattleTech boardgame and lore fans’ expectations. That is true! But it is also quite tedious to watch it happen for the umpteenth time, especially on the numerous turns that are simply about getting from A to B across a large and often featureless landscape.

Again, we don’t need to wait for a patch – the community’s dug into the game’s file system and found the variables that need changing. However, as well as the ini-editing option, it turns out that there’s a way to activate an in-game debug menu, from which you can easily increase mech movement speed there (the devs have reportedly been seen playing this way during pre-release streams).

Three options for you then. First, you could go to [your Steam install directory]\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\ StreamingAssets\data\movement and manually edit the 53 files in there (one for each type of BattleTech mech). Or you could use the executable made by helpful Redditor ciaphas01 here, which just asks you to enter one speed multiplier (e.g. 2.0 to make movement twice as fast) and then applies it to every mech. However, he’s not updating that any more, because of the aforementioned debug option.

The easiest way to get to that is open up Notepad and paste the following into a new document:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH]
"last_debug_state_h176629417"=dword:00000001

Then save that document as a .reg file – be careful to make sure you don’t save it as .txt.reg thanks to Windows’ unhelpful default file extension ways. Double-click on said reg file, click yes when prompted, and then load up BattleTech. Once you’ve loaded your savegame, press either Ctrl + Left Shift + Minus (the main keyboard minus, not the numberpad one) and you’ll see some tiny buttons pop up top-left. Click the speed one to make everything five times faster, hit Ctrl + Left Shift + Minus again, and you’re done. Again, thanks ever so, Redditfolk.

battletech-ship-620x346.jpg

Now, despite my prior raging about BattleTech’s speed, I personally find that making everything – walking, firing, the works – five times faster tips the scales from efficient to slightly silly. So I returned instead to that executable that edited all the mech ini files, set it to 2x movement speed and found that was a very happy medium. That, paired with the above pause fix and turning off all the actioncam settings in-game, created a BattleTech that is so much closer to what I’d hoped for when I first sat down with it.

With the pauses gone and Mech movement speed now comparable to how, say, an XCOM unit moves, I find myself fairly happy to sit through most weapon animations at their intended speed now. Especially when it’s a situation I’ve lined up myself, and I get to sit back and watch the climactic fireworks.

Here’s how a sample turn looks to me now:

It’s not lightning fast, and nor would I want it to be as I do want some tension and some plotting time, but it’s a got a sense of natural flow that wasn’t there before. What a relief.

It’s a huge relief to find that BattleTech’s dawdling pace and my deep aversion to having my time wasted aren’t inherently incompatible – just a bit less dead-time makes all the difference between feeling like I’m the main agent in the game and I’m a mere audience to it much of the time.

Also, these discoveries hopefully imply that the devs offering more official speed options in the game’s settings menus shouldn’t be a beyond-the-pale request. I’m sure they need to check carefully that nothing breaks or no important information is missed if the game runs faster, so we can’t expect an overnight fix, but these player-found ones will definitely do the trick in the meantime.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have 70 hours in this game. I wonder what percentage of that was spent looking at docking animations which are cool but unskippable.
Nerver had to load, practically I played on ironmode.
I ejected mechwarriors 3 times.
My lance is now 3.5 stars.
Never had the need to have a lance in reserve because you can wait out the repairs because of the money overflow (income+mech sales)
Argo morale upgrades should be priority.

Key is LRMs and ACs that do stability damage.
Always go overleveled in main missions.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Jumping in onto the Mechbuild discussion:

I'm currently sitting at a Rating of 331.

My preferred Loadout atm is 3 Nighthawks (2xH 1xD) and one Centurion.

Nighthawk 1: 1 SRM 4, 2 SRM 6, 3 M Laser, 2 S Lasers, Jumpjets, Heatsinks
Nighthawk 2: 1 SRM 4, 2 SRM 6, 1 M Laser, 1 S Laser, Jumpjets, significantly more Armor than NH1, Heatsinks
Nighthawk 3: AC20, Ammo (2), TTS
Centurion: 1 LRM 20, 1 LRM 15, Ammo (4), Jumpjets

LRMs with bonuses on toppling enemies are highly useful and Sensorlock + LRMs is an obvious but very useful combo.
I think I'll keep the Nighthawks for a while, but I'd like a missile-boat that is able to mount 2 LRM 20s + Ammo + Jumpjets. 1 enhanced 15 + 1 enhanced 20 is usually just hitting barely under the threshold to topple an unscratched Mech over, which is sorta annoying in regards to Actionpoint Economy.

Works extremely well, the high maneuverability and good Melee Speed of the Nighthawks is great. I completed the Assault on Panzyr with this Squad (NH 2 had a slightly different loadout) and killed every single enemy Unit on the Map within 6 Rounds. Tried out a salvaged Dragon instead of the AC20 Nighthawk on the next Skirmish map, but I'm not super heapy with it.
I fitted him with an AC20 and 2 Lasers fitted for the same range, which makes it extremely capable at one-shotting everything you can use called shots on (so, toppled enemies or normal ones with the morale-superpower), but its slow as fuck and doesn't have enough "more" on the durability scale to make up for it. The NHs usually move in the second INI pass, the Dragon only in the second-to-last one, which is to slow for my taste.

DeepOcean

Arcane
No I meant for example the "review" of DeepOcean who said that combat boils down to damage only which is completely false.
I didn't claim that. You can snipe enemies, you can hit enemies on the back and run abusing the initiative system, you can go for stability damage, you can use indirect fire to soften enemies up and etc, I'm aware of those tactics, I just don't find them interesting, at least interesting enough to make me like the game despite the long list of issues it has.

To me, those tactics are simplistic, after alot of missions I was feeling: "Man, why am I enduring those fucking long animations, slow load times, annoying Ui, lame story, pointless strategic mini game, boring as fuck pilot progression, sjw pandering? For the joys of instead of dropping that mech with PPCs, I gonna do stability damage? I'm super excited by this prospect.:roll:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
LRMs with bonuses on toppling enemies are highly useful and Sensorlock + LRMs is an obvious but very useful combo.
I think I'll keep the Nighthawks for a while, but I'd like a missile-boat that is able to mount 2 LRM 20s + Ammo + Jumpjets. 1 enhanced 15 + 1 enhanced 20 is usually just hitting barely under the threshold to topple an unscratched Mech over, which is sorta annoying in regards to Actionpoint Economy.

AFAIK you can't topple a mech in just one attack, if it wasn't already knocked down before. It will reach the exclamation mark treshold and then another attack will topple it easily, even from a meagre SRM or AC2.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I *think* DFA can cause a knockdown in one attack rather than requiring the threshold first, but I can't say for sure.

Cael

Arcane
The more I read about the HBS game's robot builds, the more I can see how far they have strayed from the TT rules and how un-Btech it is. Even all the weaponry and 'mechs behave differently. You can call 'mechs Titans or exo-suit Gundam and it would be the same.

This is not a BTech game. It is a fraud with the BTech sticker slapped on.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just completed a 3.5 skull contract where I fought 2 SH with half armor. The difficulty curve is just :rpgcodex:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/2177649

BATTLETECH: What's Next?

First of all, to our Backers and new players alike - thank you for your incredible outpouring of love and support last week following the launch of BATTLETECH, and for sharing so many of your amazing game experiences with us. As a small developer, these stories mean the world to us. It's why we do this.

From the heartfelt reactions of our Backers, to the kind words from reviewers, to the epic marathons on YouTube, to the hysterical reactions on Twitch, to the goofy memes floatingthrough social media, this week has been a whirlwind and we are thrilled to be on this ridewith you.

We could easily fill this entire post and more just rounding up press and fan reactions to the game - but we'd rather talk about what's next. From the start of this project, we've viewed launch not as the end of the road, but as the birth of a living product. Over the course of development, you might recall that we often answered speculative questions about post-launch features or content with, "in success, all things are possible."

Well - thanks to you, this is the success we hoped for. And many things are now possible! We're working with Paradox on a roadmap for the next year of BATTLETECH development. This will include regular bugfixing, quality-of-life improvements, and free Updates adding new features to the game. Here's a look at the next few months of that roadmap.

BATTLETECH Post-Launch Roadmap
1. Compatibility / Performance Investigations
Our launch last week wasn't perfect. A subset of players are experiencing hardware/system compatibility and performance issues that our team is working hard to investigate. Solutions for critical issues are always our top priority, and will be released as soon as they're available and tested. Typically, we will release patches to our public_beta branch on Steam for a few days for testing before we push them to the default branch.

On that note - last Friday we released our first patch to the public_beta branch for testing. Today, that 1.0.1 Patch went live - you can read the full changelog here. We expect to release more patches to public_beta in the coming days and weeks.

2. General BugFix (Late May)
We expect to release at least one general bugfix/improvements patch later in May.

3. Localization (French, German, Russian) and Linux Support
These are both Kickstarter commitments and high priorities for our post-launch roadmap. (Along with a couple other Kickstarter commitments that didn't make it in for launch.) We don't have a more precise ETA yet for these items but will update you as soon as we do.

4. Update #1: Customization & Player Options (June/July)
We're already beginning work on our first larger free Update to BATTLETECH. This Update is all about customization and reacting to common pieces of feedback that we've received from you on the game. Here's a list of items we're currently looking at for Update 1 this summer

--Accelerated Combat Options - We're working on options for players who would like to accelerate the pace of combat missions.

--MechWarrior Customization - We know that many players would like to change the appearance, callsign, name, and voice of all their MechWarriors, not just their Commander. This didn't make it in for launch but we'll be adding it in Update 1

--Granular difficulty settings - A set of discrete options for players to customize the challenge level of the game in different areas.

--MechLab / Store / Salvage Quality-of-Life Improvements - Interface additions to reduce friction when buying and salvaging new items.

--Tutorial-skip Option - Allowing players who have already played the prologue missions to skip those missions when starting a new campaign, and get right to the Leopard.

--Addressing Difficulty Spikes - We'll be working on smoothing out some issues with unexpectedly hard (or easy) content. Not to remove all difficulty variance, but to address clear outliers.

--Live-streaming Quality-of-Life Improvements - Audio persisting when alt-tabbed, for example.

It's important to note that the exact contents of Update 1 may shift during development. Please consider these general directions and priorities. We'll post a more detailed and updated list of what's in the Update closer to its release.

5. More BATTLETECH!!
The above is just the beginning! We'll be continuing with more free Updates after Update 1, and we'd also love to release a larger paid content Expansion or two - but right now we're staying focused on bugfixes and immediate reactions to launch feedback.

With your support, we could not be more excited to continue making BATTLETECH even bigger and better.

Thank you.
HBS

Cael

Arcane
I just completed a 3.5 skull contract where I fought 2 SH with half armor. The difficulty curve is just :rpgcodex:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/2177649

BATTLETECH: What's Next?

First of all, to our Backers and new players alike - thank you for your incredible outpouring of love and support last week following the launch of BATTLETECH, and for sharing so many of your amazing game experiences with us. As a small developer, these stories mean the world to us. It's why we do this.

From the heartfelt reactions of our Backers, to the kind words from reviewers, to the epic marathons on YouTube, to the hysterical reactions on Twitch, to the goofy memes floatingthrough social media, this week has been a whirlwind and we are thrilled to be on this ridewith you.

We could easily fill this entire post and more just rounding up press and fan reactions to the game - but we'd rather talk about what's next. From the start of this project, we've viewed launch not as the end of the road, but as the birth of a living product. Over the course of development, you might recall that we often answered speculative questions about post-launch features or content with, "in success, all things are possible."

Well - thanks to you, this is the success we hoped for. And many things are now possible! We're working with Paradox on a roadmap for the next year of BATTLETECH development. This will include regular bugfixing, quality-of-life improvements, and free Updates adding new features to the game. Here's a look at the next few months of that roadmap.

BATTLETECH Post-Launch Roadmap
1. Compatibility / Performance Investigations
Our launch last week wasn't perfect. A subset of players are experiencing hardware/system compatibility and performance issues that our team is working hard to investigate. Solutions for critical issues are always our top priority, and will be released as soon as they're available and tested. Typically, we will release patches to our public_beta branch on Steam for a few days for testing before we push them to the default branch.

On that note - last Friday we released our first patch to the public_beta branch for testing. Today, that 1.0.1 Patch went live - you can read the full changelog here. We expect to release more patches to public_beta in the coming days and weeks.

2. General BugFix (Late May)
We expect to release at least one general bugfix/improvements patch later in May.

3. Localization (French, German, Russian) and Linux Support
These are both Kickstarter commitments and high priorities for our post-launch roadmap. (Along with a couple other Kickstarter commitments that didn't make it in for launch.) We don't have a more precise ETA yet for these items but will update you as soon as we do.

4. Update #1: Customization & Player Options (June/July)
We're already beginning work on our first larger free Update to BATTLETECH. This Update is all about customization and reacting to common pieces of feedback that we've received from you on the game. Here's a list of items we're currently looking at for Update 1 this summer

--Accelerated Combat Options - We're working on options for players who would like to accelerate the pace of combat missions.

--MechWarrior Customization - We know that many players would like to change the appearance, callsign, name, and voice of all their MechWarriors, not just their Commander. This didn't make it in for launch but we'll be adding it in Update 1

--Granular difficulty settings - A set of discrete options for players to customize the challenge level of the game in different areas.

--MechLab / Store / Salvage Quality-of-Life Improvements - Interface additions to reduce friction when buying and salvaging new items.

--Tutorial-skip Option - Allowing players who have already played the prologue missions to skip those missions when starting a new campaign, and get right to the Leopard.

--Addressing Difficulty Spikes - We'll be working on smoothing out some issues with unexpectedly hard (or easy) content. Not to remove all difficulty variance, but to address clear outliers.

--Live-streaming Quality-of-Life Improvements - Audio persisting when alt-tabbed, for example.

It's important to note that the exact contents of Update 1 may shift during development. Please consider these general directions and priorities. We'll post a more detailed and updated list of what's in the Update closer to its release.

5. More BATTLETECH!!
The above is just the beginning! We'll be continuing with more free Updates after Update 1, and we'd also love to release a larger paid content Expansion or two - but right now we're staying focused on bugfixes and immediate reactions to launch feedback.

With your support, we could not be more excited to continue making BATTLETECH even bigger and better.

Thank you.
HBS
Lol!

Post-Launch Roadmap: Fixing things that should have never needed fixing if we were in any way competent or professional.

When I compare the likes of Civ 3 with HBS' game in terms of performance, bugs and other indicators of a game not QA'd...

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
The more I read about the HBS game's robot builds, the more I can see how far they have strayed from the TT rules and how un-Btech it is.

What can I say. This is true, unfortunately. The more I read the more I'm convinced that being true to the tabletop rules was very low priority in their development... And as much as people like to diss Cael , what he's saying (from a pure rule-purist perspective) is true. He's probably the most knoweledged B.T. player I've met on the Codex ever. I've played B.T. for 10+ yrs straight from the mid '90 on and what he talks about makes sense. The builds he discuss are more than viable, even effective in tabletop, I can see that.

Sure, he should have organized his messages in a coherent way. A single post with a legit structure, present your knoweledge so that even laymen can understand it, do not come out as a butthurt child, writing emotionally every other post because people are having fun! with a product that's somehow raping something you're fond of.
But I can understand the man, I had to endure generations of AD&D players telling me how a Kensai-Mage is the best class ever while I was all "Sure bro... you tried that in tabletop, right?"

The whole game you cannot field more than 4 mechs? With no care for tonnage limit, weight class or maintenance costs? Dafuq? That's like a Vampire game with no Generation stat or need for blood sustenance. No challenge from economy, dubiously balanced slavage rules. I could go on but a lot has already been said...

I'm not saying it isn't a good game, mind you. There are people itt whose monocled taste I respect and they seem to be having fun with it. That's all the endorsement this game needs for me, really. I will probably buy it after the usual DLC storm and two patches or five.

For what I've seen and read though, it's a Battletech flavoured game at best. I could be wrong, I haven't played it.

Elex

Arbiter
they basically have to fix and finish the game.
so it’s better buy this game after 2 years of expansion and patches.

Cael

Arcane
And as much as people like to diss Cael , what he's saying (from a pure rule-purist perspective) is true. He's probably the most knoweledged B.T. player I've met on the Codex ever. I've played B.T. for 10+ yrs straight from the mid '90 on and what he talks about makes sense. The builds he discuss are more than viable, even effective in tabletop, I can see that.
I wouldn't think too much about the idiots downvoting me. Half of them are like sjws who doesn't like people thinking outside the orthodoxy. The others are shills while one knows where his free game comes from. The fact that they don't even know from where the game comes from is pretty much evident. It is like some fools raving about how a FIFA game that allows people to pick up the ball is a GOOD game and aggressively attacking those who are crying out in horror about the change in rules.

By the way, I've been playing BTech since the late-80s/early-90s and have run tabletop campaigns using a system similar to the White Wolf skill/stat system. I'd like to think I know a thing or two about the game... ;)

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
See.... this is what I'm talking about. Don't do this. As much as I hate enforced social justice and arrogant pricks bending the rules of language to their whimsical lunacies, you already made your point.

You're a relatively new poster with enough knoweledge of such a vintage system to have the potential of being a monocled Codexer. Instead you waste your knoweledge raging mindlessly. Re-read the last pages, half of the messages are yours, directly complaining for sjw-related matters (and again, I concour, they're annoying) or attacking someone.
You're probably in the best position, among all of us reading and commenting here, to pick up the game (via legit or unlegit means, as far as I'm concerned) and actually dissect it from a purist point of view.

You feel like fighting this battle? Do it like a smart person would. First know your enemy instead of relying on second-hand information, that is, swallow your pride and play the damn game. Then diss it to you heart's content. Go rule lawyer on it, tell anecdotes, link AAR and stat databases, if you have access to them.
I'm pretty sure a lot of people would respect you a lot more if you did that. I would for sure.

Cael, bro, take my advice. You are acting emotionally itt. People can see that and it undermines anything valuable you have to say, really.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Me after killing everything except the one mech I want to salvage:

"Ok now, I have to take him down with perfect precision to get as many parts as possible.."

1 round later:

200.gif

Cael

Arcane
FIFA game that allows people to pick up the ball is a GOOD game
You're taking about goalkeepers there, right? Right?
Oh, how I WISH! I had very high hopes for the game. A turned-based BTech computer game like tabletop. It has literally NEVER been done before (OK, there is MegaMek, but it is not a game). And then the shit start happening, and then we have the fucking shills, and then the lore and tech rape, and the removal of good mechanics and the necessity of it being balanced by shit mechanics that any 3-year old can see will end in nothing but disaster, and the knocks just keep coming.

It is like watching the roundball game slowly being turned into a game at a 2 year old's birthday party where two teams of 30 2 year olds try to get the ball and put it in a goal. Only there are 3 balls and, well, expecting 2 year olds to stick to rules or even a side? Good luck.

Cael

Arcane
Cael, bro, take my advice. You are acting emotionally itt. People can see that and it undermines anything valuable you have to say, really.
Care factor: zero.

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but, frankly, I couldn't care less about what idiots think, especially those who think they are the shits because they happen to be on a forum longer than someone else and therefore has formed little cliques that includes mods. These kind of shallow, arrogant, elitist thinking only shows the world the kind of pack bullies they are. I say what I want to say, make fun of obvious shoddy products and if the sjws don't like it, GOOD! As I told a friend of mine: I am not American. I don't have a say in or care whether Trump wins the election or not. But I do hope he does just so that I can hear the sjw heads explode. Fuck 'em.

EDIT: And there is no way in hell I am giving any money to HBS for an obvious fraud product. Not a single cent. In fact, they are on my boycott list for life. I don't care what else they turn out, they will NEVER get a cent from me.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
That 1.01 patch is hilarious, not a single useful fix. I hope this performance patch will be more useful. And other fixes only few months down the line. And they even mention how these updates are going to be free like they got any choice if they want to stay in business.
Oh well, Path of Exile 1 month league starts in 2 days. I guess I can come back to BT after that and hope HBS fixed stuff in the meantime.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
they basically have to fix and finish the game.
so it’s better buy this game after 2 years of expansion and patches.
Just like any paradox game. Mods will fix it,uhh. At least EA try to release a game not a demo.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lol!

Post-Launch Roadmap: Fixing things that should have never needed fixing if we were in any way competent or professional.

When I compare the likes of Civ 3 with HBS' game in terms of performance, bugs and other indicators of a game not QA'd...
As usual, the time of deployment for these fixes will probably be around the first planned big DLC. That said, it looks like they are listening and that it might become a good game after all.

And as much as people like to diss Cael , what he's saying (from a pure rule-purist perspective) is true. He's probably the most knoweledged B.T. player I've met on the Codex ever. I've played B.T. for 10+ yrs straight from the mid '90 on and what he talks about makes sense. The builds he discuss are more than viable, even effective in tabletop, I can see that.
I wouldn't think too much about the idiots downvoting me. Half of them are like sjws who doesn't like people thinking outside the orthodoxy. The others are shills while one knows where his free game comes from. The fact that they don't even know from where the game comes from is pretty much evident. It is like some fools raving about how a FIFA game that allows people to pick up the ball is a GOOD game and aggressively attacking those who are crying out in horror about the change in rules.

By the way, I've been playing BTech since the late-80s/early-90s and have run tabletop campaigns using a system similar to the White Wolf skill/stat system. I'd like to think I know a thing or two about the game... ;)

Just forget it is a BT game, and pretend it is litteraly a Pacific Rim with space feudalism. It should ease the pain and make it easier to ignore.
As an epic 40K player, I have seen much worse when it comes to videogame "adaptations".

Warhammer_40%2C000%3B_Storm_of_Vengeance_gameplay_screenshot.jpg

This abomination is a "lane strategy game". You buy units and place them on lanes, and they advance towards the enemy base without any input, Kongregate style.

ziRk2S7eskjY65awhDVcVa-650-80.jpg

And a weak diablo clone with mediocre everything, which is definitely better than the 2D 40K sidescroller...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom