Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I dunno, I'm at my place for about 4 years now and if I wouldn't be so lazy, I'd quit on the spot.
See? That's what I'm saying :D

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If there is anything I will miss from this thread when it's all over, it'd be Blaine's 'Inconceivable' edits.

dc898ca41c.png

Here you go, partially colorized Dewritos Pope Vizzini. It needs a better mitre, but that would take quite a lot of time.

Fortunately for the Vizzini-haters out there, I have work to do today, so there probably won't be too many Vizzinis forthcoming.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Here you go, partially colorized Dewritos Pope Vizzini. It needs a better mitre, but that would take quite a lot of time.

I think for this particular thread, the better Vizzini line would be, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.'"

Although hopefully things will pan out better for Chris than they did for Vizzini.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Once you pass three years, for many people it's like they've always been there and they settle down for much longer.
Same here. I'm at my place for 5 years now, and I've gotten too comfortable to leave. I like my collegues, and job is not too difficult. The bad thing is that the salary is just decent, and with this money I don't see myself being able to afford a house or even a new car in the near future. But I'm too lazy and comfortable to leave to a place which pays more.

Sentinel

Arcane
So I'm on page 55, is MCA not a freelance anymore since he's employed at Ghost Studios? That's mighty cool

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ha! I know who you are now. Let's see how being in the alt-right works for you offline, NAZI

I'm already out as a Communist. It's caused surprisingly little friction. CFO hates me for it though. I've put her on the list for after the Revolution.

tenor.gif
Sooo you too have a .txt with after the power grab. It is nice to know that there are fellow dictators in making. Main are to be send to the relaxing hotel named Belene 2,it will be in a nice mining complex for uranium.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I have no idea how courts banning people from professions because of criminal activities would be relevant to the question of legality of lifelong non-compete deals.

Sentinel

Arcane
I have no idea how courts banning people from professions because of criminal activities would be relevant to the question of legality of lifelong non-compete deals.
leaving beloved company isnt criminal activity?

also, i thought that law works by prohibiting stuff, not enabling it. Is there actual law that prohibit too long non competitive clauses? Ive never heard of one
I don't know about America/Commiefornia, but where I'm from non-compete clauses are allowed:
1) for a limited time (2 years max), which can be extended to 3 years if the employee in question has access to confidential or sensitive information that could greatly help the competition (academic example of this is one Coca-Cola employee that knows the formula to make coca-cola)
2) if the company provides monetary compensation;
3) if the activity being prohibited could cause damage to the employer.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

I think for this particular thread, the better Vizzini line would be, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.'"

Although hopefully things will pan out better for Chris than they did for Vizzini.

890cb3c80a.png

sser

Arcane
Developer
Is this dude actually posting cause I might have to log out to read this thread :lol:

If you open the user
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/chris-avellone.2735/
there should be an ignore/unignore link up right near Report and Stalk.

For the record, sser also ignores TimCain. That's the 2 guys he's ignoring, MCA and Saint Cain. I'll let you judge his motives.

I can't see any profile - they say "limit who sees this profile" or something which is why I was never able to unignore.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I can't see any profile - they say "limit who sees this profile" or something which is why I was never able to unignore.
  1. Perform forum search for posts created by TimCain (use no other criteria)
  2. Click "Show Ignored Content" link on search results page
  3. Click on any of the posts
  4. Click "Show Ignored Content" again in the thread
  5. Click directly on username in thread
  6. Click "Unignore"
I think this should work in the future with no need for intercession.

RPGCodex ------------------------- Chris Avellone

Something Awful ------------------ Josh Sawyer

RPGWatch--------------------------- Kiva Maginn

NeoGaf-------------------------------David Gaider

ResetEra------------------------------Brianna Wu

Obsidian Forums--------------------???????????

reddit---------------------------------???????????

GameFAQs---------------------------???????????

IGNBoards---------------------------???????????

GameSpot----------------------------???????????

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom