Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog's Infinity Engine and Neverwinter Nights console ports

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Trent Oster is obviously a guy who doesn't know anything about RPG design, considering he said introducing companion control into NWN would be "against the concept of this game".

Yes I'm still butthurt about this, they could've turned NWN into an actual good game rather than the piece of shit it is now, but they didn't.

Fry

Arcane
I forgot all about the NWN re-release.

$20 for some UI fixes. lawl.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Trent Oster is obviously a guy who doesn't know anything about RPG design, considering he said introducing companion control into NWN would be "against the concept of this game".

Yes I'm still butthurt about this, they could've turned NWN into an actual good game rather than the piece of shit it is now, but they didn't.
:negative: I am still replaying NWN on the EE,about to finish the second chapter. Must say that the only edition to the game is more bugs. Really annoyed how retarded the AI casting is. Really love it when the cleric decides to waste it highest attack AoE spell on a one hit enemy that just died a second before it got hit by the spell. Or how it spends half the battle casting pointless buffs and the second half watching me buggy.

Big Wrangle

Since they won't be making games anytime soon, if they wanna incline at this point Beamdog should just take the Nightdive route and restore abandonware RPG titles that are no longer avaliable. Oh and maybe restore the classic versions of the games you EE'd too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cael

Arcane
Could they kindly fuck off already?
Not until they have mined every last cent out of every last moron who is dumb enough to give them money. Whether cuckdog stays or fuck off is actually in the hands of the public. Unfortunately, the public is now so dumb that they would buy anything with a name slapped on it. You put the Neverwinter Nights logo on a water bottle and someone will buy it for an inflated price.

Ocelot570

Educated
The game is simply too fast paced for consoles. Wasteland 2 is slow so it makes some sense... but baldurs gate becomes a haste butt fuckery by the end where an enemy can be obliterated or swarmed in a matter of seconds. Beamdog have lost all creativity and ambition. May their souls be forgotten and wash away into the ether.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Codex,

Why do you hate it that more people will get to taste a very good game ?
Why do you hate it that a game is available to more platforms than before ?

This is great news.

Not to mention the obvious advantage : the console interface will eventually be ported to the PC version, so we will all be able to play BG1&2 with an Xbox controller should we want to !

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
They must have started development a while back, since there's already a preview of the upcoming console release of the first Baldur's Gate on YouTube:

I was not aware such abomination existed. Pity the fool who has used his time to work on such a disaster.

If Beamdog really wants to take this route, the only punishment worse enough is for them to have to play through their own insufferable creations until the end of time.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Hopefully this will be the final nail to their coffin.

PoE's console port had it's place, since it's rather modern game, but I doubt console fucktards will buy into anything from early 00s. Especially with EEs ugly as fuck blurred sprites.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/baldurs...neverwinter-nights-coming-to-consoles-in-2019

Publisher Skybound Games and developer Beamdog are bringing the Enhanced Editions of Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate ll, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights to consoles for the first time ever in 2019, the companies announced.

It should be noted that while this article is tagged PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch, specific platforms were not announced. More information on specific platforms and box contents will be announced in the coming months.
A selection of Beamdog’s games will be on display at the Skybound Games booth at PAX East 2019 from March 28 to 31.

Here is an overview of each title:
Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons computer role-playing games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldurs Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition combines both Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur’s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. Bundled with the game on PC and Mac, and available as DLC on iOS and Android, are four diverse new characters, each with their own epic quest. Venture to the distant sands of Zakhara with your new companions, or lead them in a raid upon the home of the gods.
Baldurs Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear adds a new storyline to the Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition saga. The events occurring between Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II are at last revealed in this 25-hour expansion to Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition.
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Originally released in 2000, Icewind Dale is a Dungeons & Dragons game set in Wizards of The Coast’s legendary Forgotten Realms.
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
The original Planescape: Torment was released in 1999 to widespread critical acclaim. It won RPG of the Year from multiple outlets for its unconventional story, characters, and amazing soundtrack. Since then, millions of Planescape: Torment fans have enjoyed exploring the strange and dangerous city of Sigil and surrounding planes through the Nameless One’s eyes.
Discover an incredibly rich story and a setting unlike anything else in fantasy. Defeat strange and alien creatures, engage in rich dialogue, and explore the dark and dangerous Planescape setting in this 50+ hour RPG classic.
This is Planescape: Torment like you’ve never seen before.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
Return to the Forgotten Realms in this bestselling Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game. Combines all the content of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition with all-new enhanced features. Includes 100-plus hours of award-winning adventures and the tools to create your own!​

Tigranes

Arcane
Look, the company was founded on the principles of milking, and it's going to stay true to its principles to the bitter end. It is a respectable commitment to their core values.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2019/02/beamdog-partners-with-skybound-games.html

Beamdog partners with Skybound Games

Beamdog partners with Skybound Games to bring our D&D classics to console!

We’re thrilled to announce Beamdog's new partnership with Skybound Games! They're the publisher behind Slime Rancher, The Long Dark, and other fantastically fun titles.

We've teamed up with Skybound to bring our D&D Enhanced Editions to console - for the first time ever!

Watch out for these epic games in retail and digital stores later this year!
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
  • Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
  • Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
Check out the full announcement by Skybound Games here.

Want to know more about what to expect with these upcoming console releases, including specific platforms and box contents? Follow Skybound Games on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

https://www.skybound.com/games/beamdog-console-baldurs-gate-neverwinter-nights-and-more/

SKYBOUND GAMES ANNOUNCES NEW PUBLISHING DEAL WITH BEAMDOG TO BRING BELOVED PC ROLEPLAYING GAMES TO CONSOLE FOR THE FIRST TIME
Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate ll, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights All Coming to Console in 2019

February 7, 2019 (Los Angeles, CA) – Skybound Games and Beamdog today announced a publishing partnership that will bring classic roleplaying videogames Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate ll, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights to console platforms in 2019.

Beamdog is known for bringing enhanced versions of Dungeons & Dragons videogames to fans both new and old on the PC platform, including the critically acclaimed Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Planescape: Torment. Six of Beamdog’s fan-favorite games will be released on console platforms for the first time ever via Skybound all as Enhanced Editions sold at retail stores and online (www.Skybound.com). These upcoming releases will allow RPG fans the opportunity to experience epic Dungeons & Dragons adventures in a whole new way.

A selection of Beamdog’s games will be on display in the Skybound Games booth at PAX East in Boston from March 28th to March 31st, all coinciding with the first anniversary of Skybound Games as the video game publishing arm of Skybound Entertainment.

“These games are iconic, including Baldur’s Gate, which has really set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons computer roleplaying games,” said Skybound Games CEO Ian Howe. “We’re excited to bring Beamdog’s incredible slate to new platforms for both the dedicated fan and those who will soon discover these adventures for the first time. As longtime fans of Baldur’s Gate and Dungeons & Dragons it’s fantastic to partner with Beamdog as the newest member of the Skybound family.”

“We are ecstatic to partner with Skybound Games to bring these great classics to new platforms,” said Trent Oster, Beamdog CEO. “Skybound’s accomplishments are amazing and they have a demonstrated love and respect for creators. We’re thrilled to find ourselves working with such a talented group.”

More details about what fans can expect with these upcoming console releases, including specific platforms and box contents, will be unveiled in the coming months. Fans interested in these details should follow Skybound Games on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2t3pcl.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom