Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

2house2fly

Magister
Neat, there's a text recap of the first game, then the fig campaign CG sequence of Eothas breaking out plays, then you walk as a ghost through the afterlife and your memories... which is to say, another recap of the first game

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I know that Eothas takes your soul and you are lvl 1 again but how are companions that did all that shit with you in PoE 1 also lvl1?!?!

Josh said you'll just have to suspend your disbelief a little harder for that one.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I know that Eothas takes your soul and you are lvl 1 again but how are companions that did all that shit with you in PoE 1 also lvl1?!?!

Josh said you'll just have to suspend your disbelief a little harder for that one.
:what:

A GOOD designer would not let you start POE 2 with familiar NPCs but meet them later when you are higher level.
Why even bother explaining why you are lvl 1 again if they are not willing to do the same for others...

2house2fly

Magister
One thing that annoys me but is maybe irrational (though certainly less irrational than complaining about starting the game at level 1) is that your previous character's appearance isn't imported, it looks like you begin character creation completely from scratch. I would prefer to have my character's race, background and culture imported, and then edit them as I want

Quillon

Arcane
One thing that annoys me but is maybe irrational (though certainly less irrational than complaining about starting the game at level 1) is that your previous character's appearance isn't imported, it looks like you begin character creation completely from scratch. I would prefer to have my character's race, background and culture imported, and then edit them as I want

Creating a similar character should be fast enough. There is even fewer options for character's face(human), 3 here and was 5 in Pillars 1 it seems.

Vexxt

Educated
Not sure its "bad" so much as they selected voice talent around "diverse" styles of speech, rather than tone, inflection etc.

Don't get me wrong, I think the game actually looks great, and I'm eager to play it! But, it's clear what criteria the voice talent was selected by.

I did like the old man's voice actor though -

Sentinel

Arcane
First conversation with the companions and they're already talkin about screwing each other... pretty sure not even DA:I was this eager to get to romance/sexual content.

Watched it for about half an hour, saw a bunch of shit that seems like an improvement over PoE. Hope ships turn out not as meaningless and boring as stronghold. The tone is better in general or so it would seem, more self-aware at least, but the first companion convo is about banging in the temple, so... yeah.

:M

Quillon

Arcane
Thought I'd watch everything till Tuesday but had enough in couple of hours. I want the game yo! Not watch some dude play it... :negative:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Watched it for about half an hour, saw a bunch of shit that seems like an improvement over PoE. Hope ships turn out not as meaningless and boring as stronghold. The tone is better in general or so it would seem, more self-aware at least, but the first companion convo is about banging in the temple, so... yeah.

:M
The ship tutorial was so hilariously bad.
I guess none of these quack devs watched The Black Sails. Pirate Captains don't leave their crew stranded on ships they attack and go do whatever, those captains would not stays captains for long.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I had promised that my first playthrough would be with sidekicks only, to avoid the cringe, then I revised that to "custom party only", just to be sure, but I had lately become curious about companions again.

Which is the temple-fucking one? By temple, and raedceran accents, I suppose Xoti?

Sentinel

Arcane
I had promised that my first playthrough would be with sidekicks only, to avoid the cringe, then I revised that to "custom party only", just to be sure, but I had lately become curious about companions again.

Which is the temple-fucking one? By temple, and raedceran accents, I suppose Xoti?
I'm sorry. It's our buddy ol' pal Edér.

Sentinel

Arcane
Wouldn't be surprised if in 1 year it's revealed that Eric "merely advised" on Edér writing while Obsidian handled the actual writing in-house.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom