Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think I wrote this in the thread already. But they got farmboys in California just fine. The coastal cities are degenerate, filled with tech-soyboys but California produces an enormous amount of agriculture.

Definitely. You can also go ~40 miles northeast of downtown San Diego and run into racist assholes all over the place. Plenty of nice people too, but way more racism than I'd have expected.

Source: Lives ~40 miles northeast of downtown San Diego.
Yeah my family has farmed in a region since before it turned 70% Hispanic. Now the whites there can't be too racist or they'd starve.
The first time we walked into a supermarket and people were openly rude to my wife was an eye-opener.

It's possible they weren't doing it because of racism though... they might all be codex lurkers and have read that she loved Dragon Age 2. In which case... I salute them.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Uh he didn't rape her, they were lovers. He had to cover her mouth so they wouldn't wake up the neighbors.
Have we heard her side of the story? Maybe he did rape her
You haven't had a woman that likes to put your hand on her throat during sex and squeeze it like you're choking her?[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a women that didn't want that. It's fucking disturbing. Like why the hell would I want to strangle you?

Some light spanking can kinda understand but why do so many people wanna get choked?

Generic-Giant-Spider

The worst is when a girl calls you 'daddy' when you're a year apart in age.

Or maybe it's a Spanish slut thing.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What differentiates the Engwithan gods from classic fantasy examples of "gods who were created" is that they're not individual heroic mortals who achieved godhood, but were instead manufactured through an almost industrial process. It's easier to worship the former because they earned their godhood.

If the ancient Engwithans had passed down not only a tradition of worshipping the gods but also worshipping the Engwithans themselves as a people, then it would be easier to accept the gods' nature. So interestingly it's the Glanfathans who do make a cult of the Engwithans who are best positioned to accept the truth about the gods.

Why go with fantasy examples rather than real world mythology? The gods of Eora were created just like the gods of most pagan pantheons. Is the hang up that they were created by man, rather than, for example:
  • being spat out by primordial chaos like many of the Greek primordial gods
  • created when the severed testicles of Ouranos hit the ocean—Venus
  • created when the sacred cow Auðumbla licked the frozen sweat of Ymir, the first frost giant—Buri, grandfather of Odin
  • created from a spittoon full of Aesir and Vanir saliva—Kvasir
I wouldn’t get so hung up on the man made nature of the Eoran pantheon. Everybody has to start somewhere. More important, it’s not like the Engwithans chiseled them out of rocks. They’re made out of souls that were already part of a supernatural cycle of reincarnation. Even before the pantheon existed, Eoran souls had a transcendent quality. Think of it as a kind of divine essence, like Ouranos’ nutsack or Ymir’s sweat or the Aesir’s saliva. By comparison, “made from the souls of an entire civilization” sounds a lot more respectable.

Here is a great short story about the implications of a man-made god who’s genuinely god:
https://subterraneanpress.com/magazine/summer_2013/the_sun_and_i_by_k_j_parker

Elex

Arbiter
He didn't rape her, they were lovers.
Also, yeah, he was racist in poe1. The kind of racist who's not ill-intended at all and just has some reflexes from home that are poorly received abroad. Hiravias does lose his shit in a banter with Edér, after the latter tells the former that he's not all that bad for a furry face despite what he's been told or something. He's still a bro, from what I've spoiled myself.

I had a long chunk of text written in reply, but I think the issue may just be that I'm old and my perspective isn't really relevant in today's society. I'll just say that I think everything exists in degrees, and yet our language and terminology often ignores those subtleties, so someone like Eder (or Gimli in Tolkien) who has some racist views is lumped together with people who kill or abuse or harass based on far stronger (and more hate-filled) rhetoric.
There's no issue with you, mate. I yet again poorly chose my words. He's not a racist. I meant to say, that's probably what Sawyer meant by Edér is your racist uncle. Like, he can pull out some reflexions that trigger you (given you're sensible or smthg), but you know he's not Hitler.
POE III: Eder become litterally hitler.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Uh he didn't rape her, they were lovers. He had to cover her mouth so they wouldn't wake up the neighbors.
You haven't had a woman that likes to put your hand on her throat during sex and squeeze it like you're choking her?

It's pretty hot. I was a little weirded out the first time a girl guided my hand to her throat, but it's fun now. All about dominance.

Thonius

Arcane
Jimmious , veevoir , here you go, lazy SoBs:

Racist:

Sexist:
Damn man, that Port Maje looks beautiful, rain + soundtrack... why did I wake up ffs, can't stop watching.

Where do you watch this?

Eder dialogue is horrible eric didnt wrote that crap about having to put hand on the mouth so she dont scream during sex.

I had promised that my first playthrough would be with sidekicks only, to avoid the cringe, then I revised that to "custom party only", just to be sure, but I had lately become curious about companions again.

Which is the temple-fucking one? By temple, and raedceran accents, I suppose Xoti?
I'm sorry. It's our buddy ol' pal Edér.

He always was kind of racist toward orlans for sure...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Who is that? I haven't watched that movie.

I haven't had a women that didn't want that. It's fucking disturbing. Like why the hell would I want to strangle you?
I thought the same the first time it happened. There are many women who enjoy to roleplay they are being raped by the guy they like. I guess it applies to a huge percentage of them, except those who have been really scared or violated/attacked at some point.

I think I wrote this in the thread already. But they got farmboys in California just fine. The coastal cities are degenerate, filled with tech-soyboys, but California itself has large regions which produce an enormous amount of agriculture.
Everytime I hear about farmboys in California, I remember that great scene from Chinatown.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship

It could be just a demon, from a monotheistic point of view of course.

The only thing that had anything with game is

1: the supreme or ultimate reality: such as: the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe

What differentiates the Engwithan gods from classic fantasy examples of "gods who were created" is that they're not individual heroic mortals who achieved godhood, but were instead manufactured through an almost industrial process. It's easier to worship the former because they earned their godhood.

According to that, PoE gods are more likely a demons:

a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
He always was kind of racist toward orlans for sure...
I had never noticed but I guess it's because I'm too racist to notice, and when you add that I never took Hiravias...

Edit: I never took Hiravias not because I'm racist, mind you, but because my party was already full. Now on my second playthrough I play with custom characters only.

Last edited:

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Hiravias is too short to be a member of my party. Those conniving wretches are always trying to get one over on the superior races.

Bocha

Novice
I do not have problems with gay content, the only thing I want is to give me options to send them to hell or ignore them

Pizzashoes

Scholar
BLGrDyJ.jpg

yzWvhEn.jpg

bCYE4R3.jpg

OATmXwO.jpg

Game's ok, I guess.
Wow. With all the toggles though, one might think a sexual orientation option is in the works. Does expert mode remove that [Flirt] signal?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

I often did so too - am I rapist? Lol, I hope you not serious.

That fits that "funny "racist" uncle type".

It may work the other way around - portraiting "funny man still is a racist". Which is more fit California's schizophrenia.

So...we...expected...British accents in a game set in a tropical island environment filled with giant samoans and black not-Italian pirates?

Like if there were no Brits there.

The gods of Eora were created just like the gods of most pagan pantheons. Is the hang up that they were created by man, rather than, for example:
  • being spat out by primordial chaos like many of the Greek primordial gods
  • created when the severed testicles of Ouranos hit the ocean—Venus
  • created when the sacred cow Auðumbla licked the frozen sweat of Ymir, the first frost giant—Buri, grandfather of Odin
  • created from a spittoon full of Aesir and Vanir saliva—Kvasir

This more likely points out at them as demons, not gods. Well, pagan gods are demons anyway, but this "created by man" part is more exposing than anything else.
Man can't create god, they both are incommensurable with each other, that's why they called gods in the first place.

"Gods" in PoE are more likely Frankenstein's monsters than anything else, also because being created from higher cataclysm or Universe transformation isn't the same as being creataed by mortal men.

except those who have been really scared or violated/attacked at some point

Those like that too, in a sick manner.

I do not have problems with gay content, the only thing I want is to give me options to send them to hell or ignore them

That's absolutely agains their intentions. You should see that perverted crap everywhere, all the time so these perversion should be familiar to you better, than your irl friends.
That's one of the point of increasing sjw propaganda in games and serials.

Looks like jew gone mad for some reason. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom