Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Glaucon

Prophet
Anyone have any idea when the game is going to release on GOG (in terms of hours)? I'm getting "in 13 hours" on Steam.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm so conflicted over what class to play. There's a bunch of good multi classes now, it's hard to choose between the really good ones like Devoted/Cipher, Paladin/Cipher, Cipher/Monk all being outrageously good, not to mention their pure versions.

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm so conflicted over what class to play. There's a bunch of good multi classes now, it's hard to choose between the really good ones like Devoted/Cipher, Paladin/Cipher, Cipher/Monk all being outrageously good, not to mention their pure versions.
Dwarf barbarian
Kill the fish guy when you meet him
Multiclass into a wizard, harry

Jinn

Arcane

I'm pretty sure I'm going to try out the Cipher/Chanter multiclass, "Spiritualist". By the end of playing PoE 3.0 and White March, I really grew to enjoy the chanter mechanics, and they'd be even more fun to couple with Cipher skills. I feel like it won't be an overly OP cipher multiclass as well. Though... with the updated stealth mechanics, I might have to go Cipher/Rogue, the "Mindstalker."

Ok, so I'm torn too.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
I don't know either. I want a crusader build, but I haven't looked into any of the systems.

cannondwarf

Scholar
I initially had an idea about devoted/wizard with sword prof for the half-sword modal that could be offset by buffs, but it turned out to be pretty shit. I also tried pure wizard with a focus on summoned weapons and buffs, but that also proved lackluster. Think I might just end up rolling a fighter/cipher or fighter/paladin, they're at least guaranteed to be decent.

Ent

Savant
Fighter/Cipher and Paladin/Cipher are pretty hard to mess up. You go around smashing face with mostly just soul whip powered melee attacks and the occasional soul annihilation.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Probably going streetfighter/barb for my first multi. Chanter + something... (paladin?) as a tank could be fun too. Or ghostheart/cipher if I'm feeling like a ranged player.

The guidebook is available for download on the obsidian backer site, BTW.

223 MB. I should have it downloaded in... oh... a few hours. :|

Last edited:

Fry

Arcane
The guidebook is available for download on the obsidian backer site, BTW.

So it is. In reference to the ongoing nightmare / vigorous discussion / airing of grievances over in the Avellone thread, I notice the copyright holder of GB Vol. 2 is Dark Rock Industries, not Obsidian Entertainment. :M

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Gay or not what Aloth has is a need to be dominated and told what to do.

Good lord... I love this forum.

Background Character is kind of a troll but that description of Aloth is actually perceptive and correct
He has to be confused and looking to be told what to do, otherwise why enter that organisation he is in? :D

AFAIK sexuality wasn't ever tackled in PoE1. Don't think Edér or Aloth ever talked about it, but I may be misremembering. If this is true, it wouldn't really be a breach of character if both turned out gay. Although I have trouble imagining Edér being gay.
The right mindset - everyone is gay until proven otherwise.

Glaucon

Prophet
AFAIK sexuality wasn't ever tackled in PoE1. Don't think Edér or Aloth ever talked about it, but I may be misremembering. If this is true, it wouldn't really be a breach of character if both turned out gay. Although I have trouble imagining Edér being gay.
Durance makes multiple, usually joking, references to his own impotence. If I remember correctly, it was also related to his feelings of being spurned by Magran.

Codex Year of the Donut
Durance makes multiple, usually joking, references to his own impotence. If I remember correctly, it was also related to his feelings of being spurned by Magran.
I can relate to Durance.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Today is the day boyos! I'm getting pretty excited for playing this. I'm gonna go with Paladin/Chanter I think.

Hope I won't get disappointed.

Quillon

Arcane
Marauder for me; Mage Slayer and Streetfighter or Assassin haven't decided yet.

PrettyDeadman

What will happen if you multiclass the most OP class with the most SHIT class?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom