Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
I played ranged cipher in PoE1 and not sure whether to continue that style as straight Ascendant or Ascendant/Assassin, hard to tell how easy it will be to fill up full focus as solo class, especially later when max focus goes way up.

Wasnt' cipher nerfed in POE1 and further nerfed in POE2?

It got nerfed pretty hard then buffed back up, it's good (and fun) in the last 3.07 version. Problem is all spellcasters are per encounter now so they got nerfed since they have to build up spells.

This is the list of known issues sent with the review copies, in case they aren't fixed by the time the game is unlocked:

(list)
Most of the bugs are negligible but there is some serious bugs like reverting to lower level,fucked up quests or being attacked because of bad scripting. It sounds pretty bad to me,more potentially game breaking bugs than PoE1.

PoE1 on release had attributes stacking on reload and save games bloating to 100+ mb leading to 5 min load times, this looks like a walk in the park.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I played ranged cipher in PoE1 and not sure whether to continue that style as straight Ascendant or Ascendant/Assassin, hard to tell how easy it will be to fill up full focus as solo class, especially later when max focus goes way up.

Wasnt' cipher nerfed in POE1 and further nerfed in POE2?

It got nerfed pretty hard then buffed back up, it's good (and fun) in the last 3.07 version. Problem is all spellcasters are per encounter now so they got nerfed since they have to build up spells.

This is the list of known issues sent with the review copies, in case they aren't fixed by the time the game is unlocked:

(list)
Most of the bugs are negligible but there is some serious bugs like reverting to lower level,fucked up quests or being attacked because of bad scripting. It sounds pretty bad to me,more potentially game breaking bugs than PoE1.

PoE1 on release had attributes stacking on reload and save games bloating to 100+ mb leading to 5 min load times, this looks like a walk in the park.
The way I understand the bug description, the reverting to lower level may happen if you open and travel on the world map from down below. If you return to the deck before you use the world map, you should be fine.

Last edited:

Mazisky

Magister
What about having to renounce the best class abilities when going multiclass? isn't that a huge issue?

Chanters for example, don't have access to dragons.

fobia

Nobody knows until now. I mean the game isn't even released, so whether those late game abilities or the lost abilities in general are better than the synergies multiclassing offers remains to be seen.

Parabalus

Arcane
Is Iovara (elf-ghost in PoE1) and what you do with her mentioned in Deadfire at all?

What about having to renounce the best class abilities when going multiclass? isn't that a huge issue?

Chanters for example, don't have access to dragons.

Yeah, it's a hard choice, single classes also got buffed so they have the same skill amount as multis and get higher power levels faster. The high lvl abilities use the same resource pool as lower ones on non ex-Vancians, and cost more, so they might not even be that good.

I'll probably go multi since the game is (allegedly) undertuned and this way you get double the class interactions :M.

Ziggy

Scholar
pretty sure you could only upscale too

any ideas for a good skaen priest multiclass? thinking fighter to keep it simple

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
In terms of maxing damage dealth, is the marginal utility of extra raw damage from might superior to extra accuracy or action speed from perception and dexterity respectively?

Parabalus

Arcane
In terms of maxing damage dealth, is the marginal utility of extra raw damage from might superior to extra accuracy or action speed from perception and dexterity respectively?

You will likely need spreadsheets for a conclusive answer.

MIG in PoE2 is multiplicative, rather than PoE1's additive, so it's now stronger on classes that already have +% dmg mods, so I'm guessing it'll beat the others for raw damage, DEX being closer than PER.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
pretty sure you could only upscale too

any ideas for a good skaen priest multiclass? thinking fighter to keep it simple

I'm thinking of going Skaen/Devoted (one-handed axes), I tried stilettos and they are shit without the Sneak Attack bonus. You also don't need to specialize in stilettos or clubs anymore, they gutted the entire Skaen Priest. Skaen/Rogue is the obvious multi-class, but it's such a waste because their abilities overlap a lot. The Priests are very underutilized and underdeveloped, they could've been used to create a triple-class-like character, but Obs' refusal (or maybe laziness or they don't care?) to give the subclasses unique passives destroyed this very interesting potential.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Is Iovara (elf-ghost in PoE1) and what you do with her mentioned in Deadfire at all?

Yeah, it's a hard choice, single classes also got buffed so they have the same skill amount as multis and get higher power levels faster. The high lvl abilities use the same resource pool as lower ones on non ex-Vancians, and cost more, so they might not even be that good.

I'll probably go multi since the game is (allegedly) undertuned and this way you get double the class interactions :M.

She's mentioned in the intro at least, though I would not be surprised if she doesn't pop up again.

Ziggy

Scholar
I'm thinking of going Skaen/Devoted (one-handed axes)

i considered devoted but not sure if the bonus is worth it, the numerical values are not even specified in the class description and im not trudging through hours of nerd commando's probably outdated beta videos to see if it's any good, so just regular fighter, no subclass whatsoever

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom